Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Three Rivers, Tx

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sitting here charging and all the stations are occupied! Wow!

Unfortunately, 7 of stalls are filled by 3 diesel dually trucks and I'm the only Tesla, haha.

Not the biggest deal ever right now since I doubt there have been more than 1 Tesla here at a time and probably won't be for the next few years, but some day...

• Funny
Reactions: PStewart
Sitting here charging and all the stations are occupied! Wow!

Unfortunately, 7 of stalls are filled by 3 diesel dually trucks and I'm the only Tesla, haha.

Not the biggest deal ever right now since I doubt there have been more than 1 Tesla here at a time and probably won't be for the next few years, but some day...

Dont think so... I was there yesterday around 4 pm and no sooner I started to charge a MX pulled in and few minutes later another MS. Being the only midpoint from san Marcos and Victoria into the valley I think it must be a busy place... :)

I have seen cars pull in there to let people go into the store or waiting for people to come out after they have finished filling up. Never seen anyone parked long-term. The only people doing that would be employees, and there are other places to park.

• Informative
Reactions: DriverOne
Charged here today. Arrived with 10% charge on a hot 99 degree day. Every other spot is marked “30 min general parking” and so there’s almost always an ICE car in those. A steady stream of them. But, the ones marked Tesla only we’re always left available.

The charge rate was limited to 40kw the entire time. Not so Super supercharging. Tried several stalls, same issue on each. Cable connectors were very warm.

Doubled our wait time. Will try to avoid this charger in the future.

Charged here today. Arrived with 10% charge on a hot 99 degree day. Every other spot is marked “30 min general parking” and so there’s almost always an ICE car in those. A steady stream of them. But, the ones marked Tesla only we’re always left available.

The charge rate was limited to 40kw the entire time. Not so Super supercharging. Tried several stalls, same issue on each. Cable connectors were very warm.

Doubled our wait time. Will try to avoid this charger in the future.
Thanks for this information. I have had slow charging at particular stalls here, but was able to move to a different stall for faster charging. I have not been there when it was hot.

Not sure how to avoid that SC location, other than just not going that direction...

Tried again on the way home Sunday evening. Two more stalls tried, both slow. That makes five out of the eight stalls verified to be slow this weekend.

Supercharging needs to be more reliable than that if one is going to sell cars on the promise that it makes long distance travel easy and predictable.

• Informative
Reactions: benjiejr
Just charged there couple of days ago, on the way down to Corpus and on way back to San Antonio. First time, battery was still at around 70%, so figured it was probably slow because the battery was pretty full. I got about 45 KW. Took almost an hour to charge to 100%. On way back, I arrived with 7% SOC. Figured now I would get the full juice. Sure enough, when I plugged in, went to 110KW. Awesome, or so I thought.

We went into the McDonalds and when I pulled out my phone, I saw it dropped to 45 KW. Changed to different stalls, and still got the same 45 KW. No other cars charging both times.

343ADC49-64D6-469D-B7DA-87F2C59651C9.jpeg
How's the ICEing been here lately?
. . It’s been constant. But, there the parking lot is relatively small for the number of people who visit the location.

This one was ICEd both times I used it back in 2017, but it's probably lightly used enough to not be a problem. As long as not every stall gets ICEd of course. Even then people are not parking and leaving their car in the spot for hours, so it should be easy to just pull in when someone comes back.

Generally speaking, ICEing at superchargers is an overrated problem in my experience. It mostly happens at superchargers that are not busy such as this one. Once a supercharger starts to get busy with Teslas, there's no practical way for the supercharger to get ICEd. The one exception might be late night charging at hotel superchargers. When the hotel is full sometimes the lot fills up and people start parking at the superchargers, then check-in to hotel and go to sleep. This needs to be enforced by hotel staff, either with cones or a stern warning upon check-in.

Reactions: BerTX and DriverOne
I'll be in this region just before Christmas with a rented Model Y and this site will be critical to my travels. Since there's been only a handul of posts here in the past four years, and none for two years, I thought I'd give this thread a bump for fun. There haven't been any posts here (no complaints, aka "no news is good news") and according to Plugshare checkins this is a very reliable site. Lots of people getting 140-150 kW day after day. That's a relief for me :)

I want to know other's people experience with this SC as well. This might be my go to SC when I go to the valley. I prefer going from Austin to Laredo and then to the valley due to the family location and the mostly good 5G/4G cell reception along this route. But it looks like going through the Three Rivers SC will be preferable since there is no other SC between north San Antonio and Laredo. It looks like at point point there was going to be a SC at Dilley, but it disappeared from the Tesla map.