Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Toronto Eaton Centre

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ive used the Eaton centre tesla charge station. Yes you have to pay for parking (varies depending on day of week and times), it's on P2. Entrance is off Bay St near Canadian Tire. Only bummer is that they do charge you idle fees too...which means u gotta stop ur shopping and move your car after an hr lol...
There are also 8 chargers on P3

Ive used the Eaton centre tesla charge station. Yes you have to pay for parking (varies depending on day of week and times), it's on P2. Entrance is off Bay St near Canadian Tire. Only bummer is that they do charge you idle fees too...which means u gotta stop ur shopping and move your car after an hr lol...

I thought idle fees only applied when a certain percentage of chargers were in use? Not sure where I got that from... probably from reading it here, but if Tesla has 20 chargers and you are the only 1 using (19 spots open), what would be the imperative of an idle charge (especially given the fact that they have chosen this location which is convenient for shopping) and not necessarily a convenient on/off highway charging location.

All ICEd at Eaton Centre! Photos and YT video by Tesla Canuck
53A6EF18-B8A0-49AC-84A8-85529358A6B9.jpeg
41DC853C-5D7B-4333-A6E1-095C859C57B5.jpeg

that's pretty incredible.

If you paint the spots green, it seems to keep people out. Painted spots are just a bit too tough to drive into and play dumb. A little sign is easy to ignore especially when there are no repurcussion.

Hope that private member's bill makes it through at some point, urging penalties for people doing this. Until then, just have to tough it out.

Moderator note: This post and the next several posts following were merged from a different thread.

BEWARE-to supercharge at this location you are also required to pay for parking. The Superchargers are located on P2 and P3. I even called to make sure that this was correct and they said yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is also true at other downtown locations like Rideau Centre in Ottawa, etc.

If you didn't have to pay it would be a GREAT arb for anyone coming to downtown Toronto on a regular basis. Why pay $26 to park when you can park AND charge for nothing.