Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Toronto Eaton Centre

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More details?
Eaton center?

Toronto, ON - Bay Street Supercharger
    • Supercharger Only
  • CF Toronto Eaton Centre

220 Yonge Street

Toronto M5B 2H1

Driving Directions
    • Roadside Assistance(877) 798-3752
  • Charging
    16 Superchargers, available 24/7, up to 120kW

• Wifi
    CF Toronto Eaton Centre

Restrooms
    CF Toronto Eaton Centre

Restaurants
    CF Toronto Eaton Centre

Shopping
    CF Toronto Eaton Centre

Lodging
    Marriott Downtown

I noticed that too.

Yonge Street is "the longest street in the world" (note: not really), I guess, so odds are high there will be another one on it sooner or later...

Tesla's original map placeholder marker was west of the Eaton Centre, more behind Old City Hall, which does have street access to Bay Street, so I assume they just kept the "Bay Street" moniker from the placeholder.
The placeholders are always just a generic city centre. If you want to see what I mean, map out a route to "Toronto, ON" with Google Maps. If you zoom in on the end point of your route, you will see it leads you to the point which you are talking about behind the old City Hall. It's easiest if you just pick a location within the city, like say, CN Tower and then map from it to Toronto. That way you don't have to zoom in.

I assume it’s the Eaton center parking lot near Best Buy, which is near Bay St

Not the parking lot enter from Yonge St

It’s also saying nearby hotel is Marriott, which is behind Canadian tire

I’m surprised they build one there instead of Green P underground lot

The parking rate is extremely expensive

The placeholders are always just a generic city centre. If you want to see what I mean, map out a route to "Toronto, ON" with Google Maps. If you zoom in on the end point of your route, you will see it leads you to the point which you are talking about behind the old City Hall.

Oh.

I always just assumed that google et al. were mapping people to the point of most interest in Toronto, i.e. my office / me.

Your theory makes more sense. :-/

• Funny
Reactions: PoweredByRain
Some of the recent mall superchargers in the US have been named with a street seemingly because it is easier to get to the supercharger when entering the complex from that particular street. Like you could enter from a different street, but then you would have to traverse an entire mall parking lot to get to the superchargers, which can take a long time during the holidays or other busy times. Not sure if that is the case here because I'm not familiar with the Eaton Centre.

Some of the recent mall superchargers in the US have been named with a street seemingly because it is easier to get to the supercharger when entering the complex from that particular street. Like you could enter from a different street, but then you would have to traverse an entire mall parking lot to get to the superchargers, which can take a long time during the holidays or other busy times. Not sure if that is the case here because I'm not familiar with the Eaton Centre.

In the case of Eaton center, Yonge St parking lot is completely separated from the bay st parking lot

The street name helps to get into the right parking lot, as they are not connected

I've scoped out the Eaton Centre parkade on Yonge St and I think its a terrible candidate for a Supercharger location. Traffic congestion in the area is extreme, and the parkade is small and old. Parking is very expensive - $4 per 20 minutes.

Shops at Don Mills looks like a great candidate. Fairview Mall would have room for us too. I snooped around last night heading home from Lawrence and couldn't find any SC construction activity.
Theory - Cadillac Fairview and Tesla partner for SC sites?

Welp. Haha. Guess I better take a spin over to check these out.

What’s a good excuse to avoid shipping? Having to stay in the car to move it when it is done parking?

I shop sheway, vaughan mills, markhanville just because they have supercharger on-site...
And waste so much money in those mall as well especially Vaughan mills...

Theory - Cadillac Fairview and Tesla partner for SC sites?

Welp. Haha. Guess I better take a spin over to check these out.

Future teller except it’s on bay not Yonge :p

CB76E9D4-5982-4AE0-97E6-4E19A774CBC2.jpeg
AD9E5F24-8432-4CC0-98C3-2741D7A5EA39.jpeg
76E6E029-529E-44DD-A81C-6C79E1A13EFA.jpeg
83668EDD-BE39-475F-ABE1-9607DAD2C9DD.jpeg
50DE8678-1709-4272-BE20-26DCCF54419B.jpeg