Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tukwila, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This could be handy if you leave your car at the airport and gets low. Can mostly coast down the hill from SeaTac and charge.
I had that very experience. In Oct 2018 I was in a loaner Model S (because my M3LR delivery had been postponed twice!)and parked it at the airport with only 40 miles range intending to plug in to the 110V outlets there, but all charging spaces were occupied. When I got back at 11pm 4 days later, the weather had been freezing and the car had only 6 miles reported range left. But keeping the heating off, we managed to coast downhill to the Volta L2 charger at Westfield Southcenter Mall. These units are free, but apparently they cut off at midnight (probably as the mall has been closed for hours at that point). I only noticed it wasn't charging at 12.20am because another EV pulled up to use the other unit but didn't stay more than a minute. Anyhow with 25 miles of range we managed to make it 25 miles home with no heat and driving at 45mph all the way on I-405. There was 1 mile range left when we got home.

Drove by there the other day and the only thing I noticed is that the Chase drive up ATM has been removed. Don't know if it's related. Plus there were these flags along the sidewalk. This is right in front of the Starbucks with the 333 Strander address. Again those things may not be related at all but just throwing it out there.

Attachments

• PXL_20220128_044516765.jpg
    PXL_20220128_044516765.jpg
    622 KB · Views: 140
  • PXL_20220128_044459603.jpg
    PXL_20220128_044459603.jpg
    673.8 KB · Views: 108
Just went back in the daylight and was able to spot freshly painted lines in RED and YELLOW indicating power runs. They are radiating from a two-door power vault set in the ground between the sidewalk and the parking lot. There were also a bunch of red and yellow flags in the grass next to the lot indicating where hardware might be installed. Furthermore, there were some white lines going out into the parking lot, but it is unclear what these represent, as they are adjacent to the area, but not right where the hardware is likely to be placed.

It appears that it will be a 12 or 16 stall Supercharger and will be heading east from Starbucks adjacent to the street. This will make them easy to spot from the road, and about as central to all the amenities as you can get while not being in the actual parking lot of Southcenter Mall.

I could not insert an image, but in reference to the one above, the superchargers would be right about where the letters "rnes" are. Of note: The letters "Ba" are where the Starbucks is.

What do you mean by "Tesla chargers?" If they are EVGo, then aren't they public Chademo chargers? I've never seen an EVGo charger that is Tesla specific.
I'd guess that they are EVGo units that have the retrofitted CHAdeMO adapter included, so when configured correctly the chargers offer "native" tesla charging. I.e. no need for you to have your own CHAdeMO-to-Tesla adapter.

I'd guess that they are EVGo units that have the retrofitted CHAdeMO adapter included, so when configured correctly the chargers offer "native" tesla charging. I.e. no need for you to have your own CHAdeMO-to-Tesla adapter.

Yes, they are EVgo chargers that have the added CHAdeMO adapter boxes. I've used them.

Last edited:
The cellphone lot EVgo is $4.95 + 20 cents a minute. I guess if you really need it then it's there in a pinch.

With the AAA discount, the pricing shows as a flat $0.25/min for me.

When I drove up to the area over Thanksgiving, the EVgo proved very useful a couple of times while waiting for flights to arrive. They seemed to be getting a lot of use by other EV drivers as well. Otherwise, I was using the urban superchargers in Issaquah during my visit. Really looking forward to this and especially the Bellevue - SE 38th St supercharger sites to come online for future visits.

Reactions: ArmandRose
Just found a One Call ticket! The address (333 Strander) looks like it's closer to the starbucks than the target. Ticket mentions the excavation area is marked, so maybe someone could swing by and report.

View attachment 760536

View attachment 760537
Same construction company as the Troutdale, OR supercharger. On that one they started digging within 3 weeks of the One Call so should see something in the next week or two.

Went back today for a better shot of the progress. Confirmed it looks like 4 cabinets there. They have already started digging. 😁

View attachment 771930View attachment 771931View attachment 771932
Did you notice if any of the cabinets had anything handwritten on the wrapping? At some of the other Pac NW installs, they have delivered equipment for multiple sites being built by same contractor to this first site. Then the contractor transfer it to the second site when they are done with the first. Not sure if Samammish or Everett could fit this scenario but it has happened in the past. While 16 stalls sound great, it wouldn't surprise me if it was 8 for here and 8 for Samammish or Everett.