Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Vienna, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very eager to have a Supercharger near home
Hi - we live in Reston as well.
Our routine in the virus world is to go to the Ashburn Supercharger, and use the time to shop at nice Harris Teeter right there, which tends to be well stocked and not too crowded. Works great for us. Faster to use Greenway to get there - but high toll as you probably know.

But sure - would be nice option to have Vienna (and the proposed Reston metro) SCs.

Doesn’t look like it’s still there. PlugShare is weird about SuperChargers. You have to basically email them to get one set up. Last time I tried when National Harbor moved, I couldn’t add the right plug type.

Well they are not "weird", they just prefer to get their data from an official source (likely in an automated/API fashion) in the case of Superchargers. This seems reasonable to me, even if others think they should be able to add "coming soon" Superchargers to the map themselves. And I think Chuq's post illustrates a good reason why. A "well intentioned" individual probably saw some construction going on and decided to "help" by posting their own charging station report there (and got it wrong of course).

Reactions: Big Earl
Went by the site, I'm trying to post pictures but they are sitting sideways for some reason. so you might have to look at them upside down.

The 750 KVA transformer is set and the service is all built, the meter is blanked off. the High voltage lines are sitting over by the utility pole ready to be run up and terminated. (remember Haymarket site ) Main disconnects are set but no load side work is done yet. Pipe only, no wiring. All the site prep pads, bases conduit and earth work is done. I think Tesla is waiting on Wawa to wrap up there exterior work before they install there equipment. They don't need the construction damage But for now they can get Dominion working on the power side, they have done enough to get the service inspection and power turned on. I bet they will mount all equipment in a month, and coincide with Wawa's opening. They are close on the exterior of the store. I'm sure there doing good inside to.

Last edited:
Reactions: picklem
Wawa is hiring!

Teslavienna.jpeg.jpg
Teslavienna2.jpg
Teslavienna3.jpg

Doesn’t look like it’s still there. PlugShare is weird about SuperChargers. You have to basically email them to get one set up. Last time I tried when National Harbor moved, I couldn’t add the right plug type.

Just to clarify - you don't need to email, you don't need to do anything - they get imported and updated from Tesla directly. People attempting to add them manually results in all sorts of mess (incorrect plug types, vague descriptions to avoid removal, duplicate entries, etc).

More detailed discussion of this (including me being ranty!) in this thread - https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/superchargers-on-plugshare.127454

Supercharger attendants?! o_O

Will look better once finished with some trees planted :)

Trees were a big issue here last year. Wawa cut down some mature trees behind the property that they weren't supposed to per the site plan. However, they cut them down at the recommendation of the Fairfax County arborist. Big brewhaha with the neighbors and town of Vienna. But they're planting mature replacement trees (6" diameter trunks).

Wawa to Add New Trees in Vienna After Chopping Down Wrong Ones

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller