Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wausau, WI (Hilton Garden Inn)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PLUS EV

Running on Empty
Sep 16, 2016
Seattle
Hi everybody! Apologies if there is already a thread for this supercharger. If there is, I couldn't find it as it was not linked to supercharge.info.

I stopped by this location yesterday and the supercharger itself is completely finished. The stalls are numbered and the electricity is humming. However, the parking lot itself is off-limits as it is not paved yet and the hotel is still under construction (looks like they're getting close though).

Coincidentally, I ran into a Tesla tech doing repairs at a nearby supercharger and we ended up chatting for quite a while. Extremely knowledgeable and really nice guy. Almost wish I got his phone number but I felt like that might be pushing it too hard lol. Anyways, the topic of this supercharger came up and he said that he tested it all and it was all ready to go but he cut the power to the bollards themselves for now so that no one would be tempted to charge (he was looking at me as he said this!).

I took a couple night time pics. Can post them later if anyone is interested. If you are wondering when it will open, you might try finding out when the hotel opens. It's likely the supercharger will open around that time.

Yeah, in the general thread. Here But I'll repost here, it's nice to get it's own thread. Funny about cutting the power, I would of drove my Honda through there if the road blocks weren't up. Hotel's deadline to open is October last I read. You can find out more here: Ghidorzi Companies (@ghidorzico) | Twitter

It's ridiculous how much we are able to find out about these supercharge location openings, we have informants everywhere.

Last edited:
The old one was a temporary 2 stall. I think it will likely be removed.
It would seem unlikely that Tesla would go through all the work of finishing off any supercharger station only to remove it one year later. It is properly paved, landscaped, and the grass has barely had a chance to grow. I used it when it was brand new. That was 6-7 months ago. I bet they'll keep it.

It would seem unlikely that Tesla would go through all the work of finishing off any supercharger station only to remove it one year later. It is properly paved, landscaped, and the grass has barely had a chance to grow. I used it when it was brand new. That was 6-7 months ago. I bet they'll keep it.
Not sure if we're talking about the same place, but the older 2-stall supercharger in Wausau has been there for a year. I don't recall much paving and landscaping. It was just a temporary supercharger like the ones they move around in California.

The temporary supercharger is no longer listed on Tesla's website. They still list the destination charger at the hotel.

leSnScI.png

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV
Just stopped at this supercharger on our trip from NY to northern WI — I just want to add her that this is a great location. The newly renovated (or maybe built?) Hilton Garden Inn has a wonderful restaurant and bar and is a great modern design. If you walk out the south driveway and then follow the sidewalk east to Rib Mountain road there are a couple of decent places to shop and eat. We planned a charge from 12% -> 100% to facilitate our trek to the great non-electric north prior to leaving!

Just stopped at this supercharger on our trip from NY to northern WI — I just want to add her that this is a great location. The newly renovated (or maybe built?) Hilton Garden Inn has a wonderful restaurant and bar and is a great modern design. If you walk out the south driveway and then follow the sidewalk east to Rib Mountain road there are a couple of decent places to shop and eat. We planned a charge from 12% -> 100% to facilitate our trek to the great non-electric north prior to leaving!
It's a brand new hotel. The supercharger was actually completed before the hotel was open and they had to turn the power off so people wouldn't be tempted to drive in to charge while they paved the lot. I think they weren't serving food when I was there, but the lobby was nice and the restaurant/bar looked nice.

• Helpful
Reactions: emorog
Tomah, Wi supercharger location and status. This info comes from Tesla Owners Wisconsin latest news letter. The club president has a contact within the Tesla’s midwest Supercharger team.

Attachments

• 04CD7CBC-5C62-4957-A66F-7669AA0CD7FA.jpeg
    04CD7CBC-5C62-4957-A66F-7669AA0CD7FA.jpeg
    304.9 KB · Views: 109
  • 4C7A66D1-4867-41C2-A061-88D1C58FD40F.jpeg
    4C7A66D1-4867-41C2-A061-88D1C58FD40F.jpeg
    420.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Tomah, Wi supercharger location and status. This info comes from Tesla Owners Wisconsin latest news letter. The club president has a contact within the Tesla’s midwest Supercharger team.

Can you add this to the Tomah thread or create a new one? Please and thanks

See previous post: @mociaf9 ,@MarcoRP ,@corywright Please start a new thread for this location, construction starts next week. EA has a site across the street in the Walmart parking lot. The owner of Taphouse Twenty will be offering a special perk to Tesla owners. He currently asking for input via tesla owners club Wisconsin. A club member has a business next door who is the point person working with the Taphouse owner.

In addition, the Menomonee WI location is slated to start construction next week too. Specific Address for that location is unknown at the moment. It will only be a 6 stall for some odd reason.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9