Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Woodburn, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21376015743.917102.jpg

Yes! It may be "Hammer Time" ....... but, I just can't believe that this is the only active Tesla Supercharging Station installation going on at the moment. We just can't find another one "in progress" at the moment either. I would think that as soon as they break ground we would be able to find them. My sleuthing skills are lousy:( :crying: This is it!!!! ????? rrrrrrgh! Where is another one?
.... anyway, thanks for the pictures.... they give us all hope that our own local TSCS will be installed soon!!!

As Lyon mentions, several of us were able to have brunch at Elmer's on Saturday. Work is progressing quickly with the undergound portion completed and backfilled. One question that had cropped up earlier was how the position #1 (far left) would work, given the charger posts seemed to be in the wrong position. Answer: the curb is being moved (see picture below) and the lot resurfaced. In fact, there will be ample room for wheel chair access on the north side after this work is completed. I also thought I would add another shot from above (credit: google maps) that shows relative positions. No more data on where the other Superchargers are going to be, although Cottage Grove and Detroit were mentioned as a possibility. Odenator ... any evidence?
Curb moved Charge Position 1.jpg

Site Overview.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like Texas may have their 1st supercharger ribbon cutting ceremony before Oregon. TSCS San Marcos Texas is in, striped, and appears ready for opening. That will bring the number of states that have superchargers to seven, and if Oregon follows soon thereafter we will have eight states with TSCS's.

I stopped by tonight, too dark for photos.
The bare metal stations are still bare, and the eighth parking spot has been re-curbed and prepped for paving. There are round cylinders - for concrete forming - near the stations. No more details I could tell tonight.

Looks like Texas may have their 1st supercharger ribbon cutting ceremony before Oregon. TSCS San Marcos Texas is in, striped, and appears ready for opening. That will bring the number of states that have superchargers to seven, and if Oregon follows soon thereafter we will have eight states with TSCS's.

Texas / San Marcos will open next Tuesday (8/20). We appear to be about a week from completion...

Dang it Lyon! You beat me by just few minutes. Pavement has been redone to accommodate all 8 lanes, all cabinets in place and the connectors are there. The transformer is missing as is the fencing around the cabinets. Those things and a little landscaping and they are ready to cut a ribbon!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21376778203.932944.jpg

This is now this crew's third supercharger installation and it looks like they've really got the hang of it. I imagine that the pace will keep picking up. I just hope they get the ones in southern Oregon done before winter.

Wow! Thanks for the pictures. Can't wait to make the drive to Woodburn OR and put them to good use. The ADK crews are great at getting TSCS's up quickly after the permits etc. are done. San Marcos Texas will be on line just barely before Oregon;) That will make Oregon the eighth state to have an operational supercharger!!

As more and more TSCSs go in eventually there will be a HUGE connection point where a particular TSCS is the pivotal station that connects distant cities. The west coast will be first with a TSCS route between San Diego and Seattle/Vancouver B.C. that should be a big event in its own right.... Miami to Maine maybe next???? although questionable because, just maybe, the coasts will get connected just before the eastern seaboard north south route is done. I think all three of these events are awesome, but I think the TSCS that connects the two coasts will be the one that should be marked with the largest celebration!! A real media event! A national event .... maybe a Christmas present to Elon!
Let's hope so!!!!!

Yeah, that ADK crew has SCs down pat. Any sightings at Cottage Grove (or where ever) and Medford/Ashland? I hope Tesla Motors recognizes how ADK is making Tesla look good and rewards them.

As I see it, there are 6 more WA/OR 2013 SCs from the map that ADK will work on. I expect those to happen on a pretty short time table once there are pavement markings. Personally, I'm hoping for the Ellensburg one to happen soon but I get the importance of the West Coast SC Highway.

For the West Coast SuperCharger Highway, We need 3 more SCs. The two Southern Oregon and one Northern Cal SCs. I agree that completing that is major accomplishment and cause for celebration. Perhaps a repeat of Tony William's west coast rally is called for once the last SC opens. Transcontinental railroad analogies abound but I think this is more like the first SF to NYC Jet Transport route.