Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Woodburn, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that's awesome! "Fall 2013" comes early to Woodburn! One more segment on the West Coast SuperCharger Highway! I think there are just 3 left to make it a reality: Cottage Grove/Roseburg, Medford/Ashland and Redding(ish).

Troy said "by Turkey day you will be able to drive down to San Francisco from here using Superchargers".

Awesome! I make a Seattle to SF (and sometimes farther) trip twice a year and would really like to try something faster than 240V charging - I could make the trip in one day instead of two. My next trip is likely in Dec or Jan, so I hope they really meet that schedule...but even if they don't, just the Superchargers in Centralia and Woodburn help.

Before the Model S, we already had 2 EVs we were happy with. The Model S is a lot bigger and more expensive than we wanted. But man, these Superchargers are going to make it all worth it.

The best news? Troy said "by Turkey day you will be able to drive down to San Francisco from here using Superchargers".

Well, I hope that includes an Ellensburg, WA Supercharger. Then I can make it all the way from Spokane to Southern California with nothing but Superchargers when I go down near the beginning of December.
As it is, I'll have to charge at least 3 hours in Ellensburg to be sure of making it down to Portland.

Yeah, I hope Ellensburg happens soon but I think the focus is on the I5 corridor.

T-day is exactly 13 weeks away. We should be seeing permitting activity very very soon. Once we see the permit applications, it's a pretty predictable path, especially if ADK is doing the work. I am cautiously optimistic but would not be surprised if they miss that date based on their track record. As I've said elsewhere, these are complicated projects with lots of moving parts and plenty of places for delay to creep in.

Here are a few more pics of the event, including the actual ribbon cutting by representative Phil Barnhart from Eugene (Lane and Linn counties). Representative Barnhart is a huge supporter, and both he and his son (also Phil) have a model S (Representative Barnhart's is the Red Sig). I also got a kick out of Phil's wife describing what was about to happen to their grandson... Phil and the Tesla Regional Sales Manger, Troy Jones, had excellent talks, but the one I liked the best was from Eric Olson read by his brother Greg (Eric could not be here as he and his wife are caring for their newly adopted baby girl at a hospital in LA). I will try to post the video later for those interested. I did get a fairly nice shot of the actual moment of 'ribbon cutting'.

I noticed on the drive up from Corvallis this moring that the site is live if you hit the 'lightning bolt' on the screen and select super charger location.

Here are the pics....

IMG_2676.jpg

IMG_2680.jpg

IMG_2685.jpg

IMG_2686.jpg

IMG_2688.jpg

IMG_2689.jpg

IMG_2692.jpg

IMG_2693.jpg

IMG_2694.jpg

IMG_2695.jpg

Bravo Tesla and all the local supporters! My wife and I are taking our "Ruby" all the way down to San Francisco from BC at the end of next week for the start of the America's Cup. Woodburn came online just in time! At least half the trip will now be full speed. We look forward to the "Golden Supercharger" on I-5 sometime in November. Like ChadS said above, this will be a truly useful electric Superhighway for many of us, especially those of us who have done it multiple times the hard way with a Roadster!

So excited and thankful!

It was great to see everyone there today! My kids, one of whom is pictured above, had a great time and wore their "Charging Tesla" shirts to the event.

One comment I thought I would share was a very unofficial statement by the Tesla Rep that we should be able to drive to San Francisco using Superchargers by Thanksgiving. Again, this wasn't a hard promise but he seems quite confident and I would assume that the rollout plan is fairly mature at this point; they have a good idea where the chargers will go and have a crack installation team.

Also, I gotta add, as the first Supercharger station I've visited, this place is way more pleasant than a gas station! Very little noise, no bad gas smell and some elegantly constructed equipment.

image.jpg

image.jpg

They are labeled. From the left 1A 2A 3A 4A 1B 2B 3B 4B and I talked to the Tesla manager in charge of Supercharger roll-out in the NorthWest and he confirmed that that corresponds to the pairing. I also mentioned that Centralia is missing the labels and he promised to get that taken care of.

So, did anyone find out how the slots are paired? Looks like they are all in use, so can't figure it out experimentally.

Yes, they are clearly labeled. Troy said he will make sure that Centralia, and Burlington will be labeled too.

image.jpg

@Richkae, the onboard Tesla map, Supercharger list, showed Woodburn. I navigated to it using it this morning.

NOTE, we had 39 Model S in attendance today! :)
And one Delorean, Chris'. He has a Model S too, but had Delorean event to take his car to instead.

Ten of the 39 Model S this morning...
DSC_6057.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Tesla hasn't updated the map on their site yet. Shocking.
It is listed below the map with its address on the Tesla website, but the map still doesn't show it until fall... But as SCW-Greg pointed out... it does show up on the onboard map - which is what really matters!

On a related note, talking to some of the people that were there (Tesla, PGE, ADT, business owners, politicians, etc) I managed to find someone (not saying whom to protect the source - (s)he clearly wasn't authorize to share this) to explain the other dot close to Woodburn on the map: This will be "on the way to Bend" - to me that can only mean Detroit, OR... and since I just charged there at the AeroVironment charger, that spot in the little parking lot across from Mountain High Grocery, right below the cell tower... that would be perfect for 4 or 6 Superchargers. They even have a transformer there already :)

They are labeled. From the left 1A 2A 3A 4A 1B 2B 3B 4B and I talked to the Tesla manager in charge of Supercharger roll-out in the NorthWest and he confirmed that that corresponds to the pairing. I also mentioned that Centralia is missing the labels and he promised to get that taken care of.
Great! Thank you. No sense selecting a paired slot if others are open.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, they are clearly labeled. Troy said he will make sure that Centralia, and Burlington will be labeled too.
Again, thanks. Good to hear Centralia will be labeled.