Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Woodburn, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you Woodburn & Tesla !
I'll be stopping to charge within the next few weeks on my 2,200 mile road trip from Alberta, Canada to Southern California.

The leg from Woodburn to Folsom is quite a distance, so it looks like I'll be making at lease one overnight stop. (probably in Yreka, CA)
Hoping TESLA gets a SC on that stretch of road soon.
Call ahead, get a room, tell them you need the charger overnight, thank them profusely. :)

If you have the Roadster adapter...

Did call... very nice person at the front desk.
She offered to ICE the spot just before we arrive.

I was lucky enough to get the adapter, so time ago.
Thanks to Chad's Telsa Highway Map, we'll be able to use some of the other HPC's if necessary.

Thanks to Chad's Telsa Highway Map, we'll be able to use some of the other HPC's if necessary.
If you can manage it, arrive at Yreka before the sun goes down. A 20 minute swim in the pool was a great way to spend charging time.

Yes, I stayed overnight there on the return trip to Seattle this past February. Very nice people, and a nice motel. Black Bear diner across the street is a good place for a meal.

Getting from Woodburn to Folsom, you will probably want to stop at Canyonville (7 Feathers), Yreka, and the Berry Patch restaurant in Orland. I will be doing that same trip next month, and I'm trying to figure out how long to stay at the Woodburn SC. I want to charge up as much as possible in order to reach Yreka (with a dinner stop in Canyonville). However, when the SC charge rate drops to around 50 mph, I will probably travel on and then just make a longer dinner stop in Canyonville.

Woot - Woodburn is finally on the Tesla map:

The image clearly shows how close we are to covering the whole West Coast... (but actually, I think the radius around Woodburn is a wee bit optimistic... The OR/CA border is 270 miles from Woodburn, so the red circle should be not nearly this far South...)

PacificNorthWestSuperChargers.png

Back to school shoppers

The mall parking lot was full. People park in our parking lot and walk over to the mall. It happens 3 weekends a year. This was one of them. Normally I am there to help police the lot.

Visited the supercharger at Woodburn today, about 11:15 AM - the parking lot was completely full, but all of the supercharging stations were empty. Plugged in, went and had brunch with a friend. Came back out, found someone munching on their Arby's in a supercharger spot underneath some shade.

It's a good and bad thing - most people are respecting the Tesla spots, but someone did park there not in a Tesla. The interesting thing about this was that Elmer's wasn't that full - the cars in his lot aren't all customers'. Arby's customers and others seem be parking there.

- - - Updated - - -

FYI, I-5 was a parking lot from 217 South - I ended up using Waze to find a sideroad path past most of it.

Well based on their execution of the Supercharger plan they announce last Spring, I'd say the email was right on time.

On the other hand, the Woodburn SC came in well ahead of schedule (it was supposed to be in the Fall 2013 group).

When I charged at Woodburn today I noticed that stall 3A wasn't producing great charging rates. When I got there 1A and 4A were in use. I pulled into 3A and plugged in, SoC was 10%. After about a minute it was only up to 86kW. I unplugged and moved over to 2A. Plugged in and it jumped to over 100kW almost immediately. We were driving the P90D Model X.

I'll send an email to the Supercharger team but I'd like to know if anyone else has had any issues with that station.

Starting a new thread for this old supercharger.

If you use this supercharger in the next few days, please provide information such as number of stalls in use, length of line, time of day and/or wait time. This supercharger will likely get extremely busy with eclipse traffic and any information would be helpful.

Personally I am trying to just act as if this supercharger doesn't even exist since I think it will be such a chokepoint for the eclipse. But I may use it on the way home if it's not too busy. I would encourage everyone to avoid this one if possible to help alleviate charger congestion.

I haven't been there in almost a year. I would check in personally if I was close by (I'm about 40 miles north). According to the supercharger app for iOS, there have been 2 check ins today. At 11:57AM someone said there was a line. There was a check in a couple of hours ago with no comment.

On PlugShare.com there have been three check ins today. The most recent said "All full, but small line".