Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fairfax, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I caught the work crews at South Riding Royal farms. First the building going up is the strip center. Duncan Doughnut is the only store named so far. That is where all the electrical pipes were stubbed up

No site plans to see what Royal Farms will do. The will be on the corner.

Keep hoping but not likely.

I caught the work crews at South Riding Royal farms. First the building going up is the strip center. Duncan Doughnut is the only store named so far. That is where all the electrical pipes were stubbed up

No site plans to see what Royal Farms will do. The will be on the corner.

Keep hoping but not likely.
Yeah, especially when we don’t have any Superchargers on the map (yes, I know they appear like magic :D).

Auto correct needs to know Dunkin’. :)

• Funny
Reactions: jthompson
I found a semi-plan which shows Royal Farm at the inner corner (Tall Cedar and East Gate) but nothing else. And, this is getting really OT since I think they have enough business sense to not install privately paid Superchargers (see the Loudoun thread!) and there is nothing to indicate a SuC is coming here except the presence of an RF.

Yeah, especially when we don’t have any Superchargers on the map (yes, I know they appear like magic :D).

Auto correct needs to know Dunkin’. :)

Yes I know but I was on my phone and didn't catch it.

I found a semi-plan which shows Royal Farm at the inner corner (Tall Cedar and East Gate) but nothing else. And, this is getting really OT since I think they have enough business sense to not install privately paid Superchargers (see the Loudoun thread!) and there is nothing to indicate a SuC is coming here except the presence of an RF.

I've looked around and can't find a thread on "Loudoun" thread. can you bump it? It must be pretty far down.

Reactions: boaterva
I guess Khol's got there two chargers. Not Tesla but look to be something larger? Not familiar with the type of charger, A friend sent a Screen shot.

IMG_2655.jpeg

Also another bad location for chargers (this Kohls location). Note it is right by the store (first row parking)...much like the charging spots at Dulles Airport in the parking garage. Result is that people with EVs will park there even if they don't need to charge (taking up space). I wish charging spots would be installed at the far end of the parking lot/garage so it is not a convenient spot...then only people needing a charge would take up the space vice all the EV-ICErs (EV's blocking a charging spot while not charging)...

Also another bad location for chargers (this Kohls location). Note it is right by the store (first row parking)...much like the charging spots at Dulles Airport in the parking garage. Result is that people with EVs will park there even if they don't need to charge (taking up space). I wish charging spots would be installed at the far end of the parking lot/garage so it is not a convenient spot...then only people needing a charge would take up the space vice all the EV-ICErs (EV's blocking a charging spot while not charging)...

While I agree that it's better to have chargers far away from the entrance to prevent ICEing and unnecessary use, it makes for a much more expensive installation. Most installers want to place EV charging stations as close to the building's electrical room as possible to minimize wire length and installation costs.

While I agree that it's better to have chargers far away from the entrance to prevent ICEing and unnecessary use, it makes for a much more expensive installation. Most installers want to place EV charging stations as close to the building's electrical room as possible to minimize wire length and installation costs.
Yes I will agree the cost of directional boring is pretty high also. Copper prices are way down now compared to a couple years ago.

But with Kohl's site it made to much sense to build out by the road where Dominion VA is right there. Tap the feeder and go with new site. Plus Kohl's is not far at all from I-66, for a somewhat simple on and off.

Tyson B deck is the same there is gobbs of power sitting right next to the garage, just hope they really go for 40 stalls.

Yes I will agree the cost of directional boring is pretty high also. Copper prices are way down now compared to a couple years ago.

But with Kohl's site it made to much sense to build out by the road where Dominion VA is right there. Tap the feeder and go with new site. Plus Kohl's is not far at all from I-66, for a somewhat simple on and off.

Tyson B deck is the same there is gobbs of power sitting right next to the garage, just hope they really go for 40 stalls.

Is Volta interested in setting up their own utility service with Dominion or do they just tap into the existing building's power?