Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The linked article speaks volumes to the difficulties Tesla is undoubtedly encountering as they try to convince local officials to provide space and access to Superchargers, with their proprietary hardware!
So true, the task to network the country is not very easy, good luck to Tesla and patience tesla owners
Now how do I lobby my council to solicit a supercharger, need stats about how superchargers improve business!!

Northern Illinois Supercharging Station???

(Mod note: merged a separate thread with a few posts into this existing Normal, IL supercharger thread - lots of info here to answer the OP 's question!)

I was on MyTesla page on the Tesla site and navigated to the supercharger location (and upcoming locations) page. http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger

If you move the slider control on the map to Summer 2013 (this summer), you see a red supercharging station pinpoint somewhere on Northern IL. I've scoured this site as well as Tesla's site for more information. All I could find is information about the Normal, IL location.

Anyone here know anything more about the Summer 2013 location in Northern IL?

Last edited by a moderator:
Station Progress 6-9-13

Charger locations have been marked out. I will try to update weekly as the station progresses.

Attachments

• IMG_0925.jpg
    IMG_0925.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 454
  • IMG_0922.jpg
    IMG_0922.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 423
Anyone here know anything more about the Summer 2013 location in Northern IL?

I'm curious about that one too. I have family in Cary and am looking forward to SC infrastructure between there and Toronto.

I also believe that's a Fall 2013 location. I was in the Toronto store over the weekend, and the sales guy said the stations are not active until the dot is red. The grey dots show what's upcoming, so essentially there is no difference between "Now" and "Summer 2013" on the slider position. I thought the Toronto to Chicago infrastructure was going to be there this fall, but the guy said no, the dots are grey so those stations won't be open until "Winter".

I also believe that's a Fall 2013 location. I was in the Toronto store over the weekend, and the sales guy said the stations are not active until the dot is red. The grey dots show what's upcoming, so essentially there is no difference between "Now" and "Summer 2013" on the slider position. I thought the Toronto to Chicago infrastructure was going to be there this fall, but the guy said no, the dots are grey so those stations won't be open until "Winter".

The dots that are red for Winter 2013 mean those stations should open by December 21 (i.e. the start of winter). They are grey for Fall 2013 because it's undetermined exactly when during Fall 2013 they will open. They could open on September 22 in which case they would be open the entirety of Fall 2013, or they may not open until December 20, in which case they were upcoming for all of Fall 2013. They aren't going to wait and not activate until Winter 2013 starts, they will open as they're ready.

The dots that are red for Winter 2013 mean those stations should open by December 21 (i.e. the start of winter). They are grey for Fall 2013 because it's undetermined exactly when during Fall 2013 they will open. They could open on September 22 in which case they would be open the entirety of Fall 2013, or they may not open until December 20, in which case they were upcoming for all of Fall 2013. They aren't going to wait and not activate until Winter 2013 starts, they will open as they're ready.

I hope so. I'm just telling you what the Tesla rep in the Toronto store told me. I probably wouldn't do a Toronto - Chicago trip in the winter anyway (wouldn't do it in an ICE either - you never know what weather can come up and bite you in the ass!).

See if you see any signs of construction?

elecblue and I ventured to Rockford last weekend ... HAS to be the pin on the map ... were hoping to come back with a "report" but we found nothing.

Except 35 miles one way of I-90 torn up!

Last edited: