TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Superchargers in Normal, IL

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by greencharge, May 7, 2013.

1. Liz G

Liz G P03056

Thanks for the update.

2. greencharge

greencharge Member

So true, the task to network the country is not very easy, good luck to Tesla and patience tesla owners
    Now how do I lobby my council to solicit a supercharger, need stats about how superchargers improve business!!

3. montgom626

montgom626 Active Member

4. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX;S90D;XP100D;3LR

Regular parking rates apply.

5. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

There are plenty of free times (1st hour, after business hours, etc.)

6. Luder94

Luder94 Member

#26 Luder94, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2013
    Northern Illinois Supercharging Station???

(Mod note: merged a separate thread with a few posts into this existing Normal, IL supercharger thread - lots of info here to answer the OP 's question!)

I was on MyTesla page on the Tesla site and navigated to the supercharger location (and upcoming locations) page. http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger

If you move the slider control on the map to Summer 2013 (this summer), you see a red supercharging station pinpoint somewhere on Northern IL. I've scoured this site as well as Tesla's site for more information. All I could find is information about the Normal, IL location.

Anyone here know anything more about the Summer 2013 location in Northern IL?

7. zerompg

zerompg Member

Station Progress 6-9-13

Charger locations have been marked out. I will try to update weekly as the station progresses.

Attached Files:

8. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts

I wonder why Tesla didn't choose the upper deck for the location where they would have been able to install a solar array at some point in time?

Larry

9. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I'm curious about that one too. I have family in Cary and am looking forward to SC infrastructure between there and Toronto.

I also believe that's a Fall 2013 location. I was in the Toronto store over the weekend, and the sales guy said the stations are not active until the dot is red. The grey dots show what's upcoming, so essentially there is no difference between "Now" and "Summer 2013" on the slider position. I thought the Toronto to Chicago infrastructure was going to be there this fall, but the guy said no, the dots are grey so those stations won't be open until "Winter".

10. timf

timf Active Member

The dots that are red for Winter 2013 mean those stations should open by December 21 (i.e. the start of winter). They are grey for Fall 2013 because it's undetermined exactly when during Fall 2013 they will open. They could open on September 22 in which case they would be open the entirety of Fall 2013, or they may not open until December 20, in which case they were upcoming for all of Fall 2013. They aren't going to wait and not activate until Winter 2013 starts, they will open as they're ready.

11. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I hope so. I'm just telling you what the Tesla rep in the Toronto store told me. I probably wouldn't do a Toronto - Chicago trip in the winter anyway (wouldn't do it in an ICE either - you never know what weather can come up and bite you in the ass!).

12. rabar10

rabar10 Model 3 >> Focus Electric

Nice, thanks for the updates & pics! That outline looks like the base for the Supercharger cable stand...

13. FlasherZ

Headed to Normal (ISU) for the Special Olympics state games this weekend, too bad the SuperCharger isn't up and running yet!

14. sp4rk

sp4rk Banned

#34 sp4rk, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
    See if you see any signs of construction?

elecblue and I ventured to Rockford last weekend ... HAS to be the pin on the map ... were hoping to come back with a "report" but we found nothing.

Except 35 miles one way of I-90 torn up!

15. zerompg

zerompg Member

Lots of choices to chg with J1772, the best is the one next to the Marriott sign. Give me a shout if you have any free time

16. FlasherZ

Taking our ICE unfortunately... but I'll PM you if I get free time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

17. FlasherZ

Progress... hardware installed, bases poured... couple of weeks more...

uploadfromtaptalk1371174011245.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1371174026518.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1371174041794.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1371174054661.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1371174068554.jpg

18. Liz G

Liz G P03056

We are heading to Upper Michigan June 30th. Fingers crossed these are up and running by then.

19. greencharge

greencharge Member

This is our only supercharger route, from this area, can't wait to hit the road, great info on progress

20. elecblue

elecblue Member

Singapore (for next 2 years) previously Chicago, I
    Liz - where do you plan on charging in Northern IL, WI, or MI? I would like to go to Upper Peninsula (Yooper!) MI this summer but even RV parks are scarce north of WI Dells.

Thanks!