Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Northern California (location speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Costco/ would be a good location for space availability and also shares parking with a Target from a partnership perspective, but as pointed out the getting on/off there can be tough. The most accessible location from 101 might be the Khols/Applebees parking (after they rebuild), but i still think Coddingtown is the most likely.

It would have to be in the cluster of 4 restaurants, a market, and a gas station on Woodside Road southwest of 280 or (theoretically anyway) Alice's Restaurant on Skyline. The only other commercial properties I can find are a golf course, a horse park, and 4 horse riding schools. I will bust a gut laughing if Tesla puts in "urban" superchargers here - while the area is thick with Teslas I'm pretty sure the locals can charge at home.

It would have to be in the cluster of 4 restaurants, a market, and a gas station on Woodside Road southwest of 280 or (theoretically anyway) Alice's Restaurant on Skyline.
There is a parking lot behind Roberts Hardware & Tack (behind Buck’s Restaurant) but it’s crowded, just like the parking areas around the establishments you mention.

Here is my guess as to the location; they could slightly expand this paved area behind the Woodside city hall and add some spaces by pushing out the curb at these GPS coordinates 37.4278982,-122.2512259

Tesla won’t be putting a Supercharger at the Skylonda intersection where Alice’s is. Much too far from a major travel route, no space, and certainly inadequate power supplies.

Here is my guess as to the location; they could slightly expand this paved area behind the Woodside city hall and add some spaces by pushing out the curb at these GPS coordinates 37.4278982,-122.2512259

Tesla won’t be putting a Supercharger at the Skylonda intersection where Alice’s is. Much too far from a major travel route, no space, and certainly inadequate power supplies.

That's where I was thinking too... somewhere near the city hall buildings.

Alice's doesn't even have enough parking during the week...

The Tesla supercharger map has been updated so feel free to check it out!

I'm just going from memory, but I think the route through Susanville in NE CA is new. I was just hoping for a single supercharger in Susanville so I could drive the fast way to Reno/Tahoe but they show like 4 superchargers to be built in 2019 (read: 2021). Lol at putting superchargers in Adin and Newell. Those towns are tiny to non-existent. And I've never even heard of Greenville even though I'm sure I've driven through it a few times.

EDIT: I think Woodland and Williams are new as well. I've been suggesting Woodland for quite a while so that's good.

Last edited:
Finally getting Mariposa and Bishop!!!!! Both target 2019!

(still waiting for Lee Vining)
Didn't they have a hell of time trying Bishop before? Bishop would be really welcome when I have my camper. I love that section of 395.

We'll have to see how realistic these are. I always view them as "aspirational."

Bishop would be really welcome when I have my camper. I love that section of 395.
Yes, when towing on the 395 a Supercharger in Bishop will be welcome! I’m anxious to take my trailer to the east side of the Sierras.

Right now, getting from the Bay Area to that part of 395 when towing is very difficult unless you go through South Lake Tahoe. The most direct route over Tioga Pass requires managing the 120 miles between the Groveland and Mammoth Superchargers, and given the up and down nature of the terrain that may not be possible when towing a camper trailer of any signficant size even at the low speeds that Hwy 120 demands. There is a Tesla HPC at Evergreen Lodge off Hwy 120 just before the Yosemite Park entrance, but parking there is a crowded and it would be challenging finding a place to unhitch and leave the trailer while charging there. But you have to be a guest to use that charger and there are no trailer campsites there.

In the past on TMC there has been hope that a Supercharger would go in at Lee Vining but that location has never been on the map. And PlugShare shows no EV charging in Lee Vining. Frustrating. Fish Camp to Mammoth is slightly farther, so no advantage starting from there to get over the mountains to the east side. You would need to stop in Yosemite Valley and take your chances with slow charging there. In the summer that would be a real hassle with all the traffic.