Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Northern California (location speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will go with the museum in Mt View. Makes the most sense for parking. As far as Tesla HQ...ever been there? Its off the beaten path and there is no parking available. You can drive around the lot looking forever. And no street parking.

For that one down by 85... They are putting in a Bass Pro Shop at 85 and Almaden expwy. That's where Manteca is so maybe???

In the "Today" map of superchargers on Tesla's official SC website, it looks like there's a "coming soon" pin in gray west of Fremont:

View attachment 71179

The gray pin I'm referring to is hard to see since it's hidden by the red Fremont pin. The gray pin east of Fremont is Manteca, and the two to the north are Petaluma and Napa (also somewhat hidden).

Does anyone have an idea where exactly this peninsula/south bay SC may be located?
My guess would be near Cushing and Auto Mall Parkway.

I just stopped by to supercharge at Petaluma this early evening and noticed the pairing is a little odd.

Since there are 10 stalls laid out in 2 rows of 5, I was expecting that each column would be on a shared cabinet.
Meaning each column would have the same number and the two A & B letters, such as 1A and 1B, 2A and 2B, etc.

Therefore one of the rows would be 1A through 5A, and the second 1B through 5B:
1A 2A 3A 4A 5A
1B 2B 3B 4B 5B

Instead, the rows are arranged as follows:
3B 4A 4B 5A 5B
1A 1B 2A 2B 3A

Which seems really goofy to me.

Also, I noticed the spaces weren't very long and prone to a car in the "back" space pulling in too far and block the forward space - which I actually saw happen after I started charging.

I'm posting this from my phone, so apologies in advance if the photos are rotated the wrong way.

View attachment 72278

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
I just stopped by to supercharge at Petaluma this early evening and noticed the pairing is a little odd.

Since there are 10 stalls laid out in 2 rows of 5, I was expecting that each column would be on a shared cabinet.
Meaning each column would have the same number and the two A & B letters, such as 1A and 1B, 2A and 2B, etc.

Therefore one of the rows would be 1A through 5A, and the second 1B through 5B:
1A 2A 3A 4A 5A
1B 2B 3B 4B 5B

Instead, the rows are arranged as follows:
3B 4A 4B 5A 5B
1A 1B 2A 2B 3A

Which seems really goofy to me.

Also, I noticed the spaces weren't very long and prone to a car in the "back" space pulling in too far and block the forward space - which I actually saw happen after I started charging.

I'm posting this from my phone, so apologies in advance if the photos are rotated the wrong way.

View attachment 72278

View attachment 72279

View attachment 72280

View attachment 72281

View attachment 72282

Exactly as I feared / suspected in my earlier post to this thread. Tesla needs to install blocks to prevent pull through, and prevent people who don't know how to park from getting a nastygram (when they are preventing another Tesla owner from SuperCharging on an otherwise available charger.)

NorCal Supercharger locations?

If you've pulled so far forward that the stall in front of you is too far for that car, I think yours would be too far as well. Thus a self-correcting issue.
[edit upon closer exam] But no, the "front row" cables are mounted in the opposite orientation from back row so less reach for front row. Interesting.

I think this will be extremely rare. How can the driver not see he has parked that far ahead encroaching another spot! If someone does it often, they must already be in trouble in regular parking lots.

That was my thought exactly. Wonder how many other dents this white MS has on its bumpers and has caused for other cars? Driver clearly has no spatial perception to park that far over. You'd also think that the driver would have realized his car wasn't parked properly by having to stretch the Supercharger cable that far to get to the port??

- - - Updated - - -

Was just there yesterday afternoon and 9 cars charging with everyone lined up perfectly. Hopefully everyone will realize when they are to far forward and correct that action.

Wow. I'm going to be up there in a few hours and hope I don't have to wait.

I think this will be extremely rare. How can the driver not see he has parked that far ahead encroaching another spot! If someone does it often, they must already be in trouble in regular parking lots.

Sure, rare, but the fact that this thread has pictures of 2 cars doing just that on 2 different occasions in the short couple weeks that this Petaluma SC has been open doesn't bode well for the future. Plus the fix on Tesla's part is simple to remove the problem.

News on Fresno Supercharger? You could say coming soon ?

Dear Mr. Waterson,

Thank you for your email and feedback. We are actively working to bring a Supercharger to the Fresno area. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site but we are working hard to open as many sites as quickly as we can. We understand the need for more Superchargers and we are excited to announce new sites on our website and in your Model S.

We appreciate your enthusiasm and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology.

Best regards,
The Tesla Supercharger Team

My wife and I took a trip to So Cal via I-5 last weekend. (No Tesla here - yet... So driving one of our ICE cars.) On the way home on Monday, I glanced over at the Tejon s/c station. It is adjacent to I-5 so very visible to highway travelers. Looked like every stall was full. We then stopped at Harris Ranch for lunch. Again every stall was full and there was a line of 4-5 cars waiting. Though by the time we finished lunch, the line had gone down and there was even one open stall.

Granted it was the long Presidents Day weekend, so there may have been an abnormally high number of users. But it certainly indicates that more stalls might already be needed. They should really build more stalls away from the Harris parking lot. The place was a zoo! Or maybe new sites at, say Kettleman and Santa Nella?

My wife and I took a trip to So Cal via I-5 last weekend. (No Tesla here - yet... So driving one of our ICE cars.) On the way home on Monday, I glanced over at the Tejon s/c station. It is adjacent to I-5 so very visible to highway travelers. Looked like every stall was full. We then stopped at Harris Ranch for lunch. Again every stall was full and there was a line of 4-5 cars waiting. Though by the time we finished lunch, the line had gone down and there was even one open stall.

Granted it was the long Presidents Day weekend, so there may have been an abnormally high number of users. But it certainly indicates that more stalls might already be needed. They should really build more stalls away from the Harris parking lot. The place was a zoo! Or maybe new sites at, say Kettleman and Santa Nella?

In order for more spread out sites to work, we need to be able to see how many spaces are occupied before skipping one charging station and continuing on to another. If you don't have that information, you could be skipping one line for a longer one up the road and less charge in your battery and fewer options for charging! Tesla has the data as shown in the Hawthorne lobby. They just need to affect a software change to present the data to us in the car.