Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Northern California (location speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On another thread, it is reported that Stoneridge Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge is leaving as of June 1. Their address is 6701 Amador Plaza Road in Dublin so that looks likely although I don't see any connection to "Willys". It would be a very good spot for a supercharger since it is in the shadow of the 580/680 interchange.

You got the location, but come on, don't you folks know some vehicle history? The Willys MB was the ancestor of the modern Jeep.

OK, the picture on the Bay Area superchargers is coming into focus. Given the recent sightings of the Mountain View and San Mateo superchargers and assuming the info about the Dublin one is correct that leaves just one dot on the 2015 supercharger map unaccounted for. The dot looks almost exactly half way between the San Mateo and Petaluma dots, which would place it around Mill Valley. Any guesses?

Superchargermap2.jpg

My guess is not Mill Valley or Corte Madera, since the Petaluma SC is so close. I guess San Francisco, inside city limits somewhere. I'm sure there are a lot of potential Tesla owners in the city who live in apartments or condos and can't get adequate power to their parking space to charge. They need a local Supercharger.

The Mill Valley, Corte Madera, San Rafael area is primarily single family houses. They can likely figure out how to make home charging work. San Francisco city apartment dwellers are a large potential market.

Yes... This IS where the permit is addressed in Dublin CA for a Tesla Supercharger. Info from the City of Dublin CA permit department.
View attachment 82483

This is where the new Service Center is going (into the 'dearly departed' Chrysler dealership). Not sure if we will get public superchargers, but for sure they need a robust electrical infrastructure. What did the permit explicitly state??

So both now we have three new one in Southern California this month or next month opening, Burbank, fou twin valley, and Buena Park.

nice.....time to guess next location..

irwindale or san dimas for one off 210 between Burbank and Rancho Cucamunga

diamond bar bar or city of industry for one off 60?

corona or Anaheim hills for 91 freeway?

Brea or orange block for 57? I think 12 stalls at Orange block would be nice location. 5 freeway, 22 freeway and 57 free meet....

maybe on cerritos for 105/605 route?

lake Elsinore for 15/215 route

So both now we have three new one in Southern California this month or next month opening, Burbank, fou twin valley, and Buena Park.

nice.....time to guess next location..

irwindale or san dimas for one off 210 between Burbank and Rancho Cucamunga

diamond bar bar or city of industry for one off 60?

corona or Anaheim hills for 91 freeway?

Brea or orange block for 57? I think 12 stalls at Orange block would be nice location. 5 freeway, 22 freeway and 57 free meet....

maybe on cerritos for 105/605 route?

lake Elsinore for 15/215 route

None of these are in Northern CA, stay on topic... ;)