TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Superchargers in Southern California (location speculation)

Discussion in 'California Supercharger locations' started by lg_golfs, May 23, 2015.

1. Doug Martoccia

The Fess Parker (Doubletree) at 633 E Cabrillo Blvd would be a great location!

2. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Active Member

Fess Parker resort would be a fantastic place, however they have secured controlled entrance/exit gates for their parking lot. Maybe they will place the Superchargers outside the gates.

3. WalterB

WalterB Member

found this on Santa Monica website:
    address is: 1401 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90404

Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 12.44.07 AM.png

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 2
  4. DJung

DJung Member

Project Description: Tesla Restaurant? Is this the location of the Old-School Tesla Drive-In / Roller Skates and Rock restaurant that Elon mentioned a few months ago?

If so, I'm excited!

5. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

• Like x 2
  6. WalterB

WalterB Member

Started new thread about new Glendale location
    Spoiler alert: it's at Americana at Brand as was speculated before

7. smilepak

smilepak Active Member

8. JasonA-EV

JasonA-EV Member

Anybody know what's the deal with the Northridge spot or location? No way it's in the heart of CSUN :eek:

• Funny x 1
  9. charlie755

charlie755 Member

Don't know if these will be superchargers but the plan for Vineyards at Porter Ranch off 118 & Porter Ranch Dr includes EV chargers. Was supposed to be completed by end of 2018 but says coming in 2019 on the developer's website now.

• Informative x 2
  10. BlackS

BlackS Member

I have no idea...purely my opinion....It wouldnt make sense to place it in the heart of CSUN, too much traffic and students. I would guess maybe the top floor of the Northridge mall or maybe somewhere up in Porter Ranch? Whatever location they choose....it'll sure be a lot closer than burbank....just pull the permit already ELON!

11. Lump

Lump Active Member

Vineyards at Porter Ranch is just down the street from me, I will keep my eyes out for a shipment of Tesla crates.

• Like x 1
  12. parthvader23

parthvader23 Member

Any updates on the Corona Ca location? would love to see one pop up off McKinley at Costco. Or Gateway town center

13. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

• Like x 1
  14. Axtrader

Axtrader Member

15. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

I would take this with a massive grain of salt. He is probably (misleadingly) referring to the number of new supercharger stalls in the whole world. Even then "thousands" is a stretch. Maybe there are 2,000 stalls currently under construction or in permitting phase if there are a lot of them in China that we don't know about.

The reality is that despite many promises of increased supercharger construction, the rate has been fairly constant. Here is the number of new superchargers in North America by year:

2015- 113
    2016- 99
    2017- 142
    2018 (so far)- 71 (on pace for about 188)

As you can see, there has been a modest increase in supercharger construction over the last year or year and a half, but it has been anything but a dramatic increase. I think at one point they promised to double the number of superchargers in 2017 alone and they fail way short. So I'm not holding my breath on thousands of new ones "coming soon."

16. bxr140

bxr140 Active Member

I’m certainly not one that turns a blind eye to the litany of broken promises and fudged statistics from Elon/Tesla, but if your numbers don’t include existing site buildouts, they should. And, especially since new/expanded buildouts can be significantly larger than the originals, I think stall count is an appropriate metric.

Back in the day 6 stalls was a big location. 10 was amazing. Now we have KC and Baker...

17. ecarfan

• Like x 2
  18. bxr140

bxr140 Active Member

So then, more broken promises to look forward to?

;)

19. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

20. ecarfan

Fred Lambert at Electrek is interpreting Musk’s use of the word “locations” to mean a Supercharger location, which can contain 4 to 40 or more Supercharger stalls or “charge points”.

We will see if Fred is correct or not...