Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Southern California (location speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any news on that?
Just got around to stopping by the Santa Barbara service center tonight. I talked to an employee there and he said he had no update on when the Santa Barbara Supercharger would be constructed. He said he expects early 2018 though. He also mentioned that they hoped it would be in La Cumbre Plaza which makes me think there might have been talks of putting it there before (or it might just be because that is close to the service center). La Cumbre Plaza is where I would expect the Supercharger to go anyway since there is always so much parking and a mall with plenty of stores.

Yesterday went to check Americana and Glendale Galleria parking. Glendale Galleria covered almost whole top floor of their parking with solar canopies, but there was no sign of any additional construction that might indicate possible Tesla location.
No sign of any construction in Americana parking

Thanks @apacheguy. I'm traveling to Socal in the last week of December and will be staying in Glendale. I go to Burbank SC but it's always very busy and wait time is too long. I was hoping at least either Glendale or Pasadena would be online.
Since all we know about the future Glendale and Pasadena Superchargers is a grey “Target opening by end of 2017” icon on the Tesla website “Find Us” page, Tesla does not always meet their timeframe goals, and no one on TMC has posted that they have determined their actual location or sighted any signs of construction, there is simply no way to know when those locations will be operational since Tesla never announces opening dates in advance.

Even when someone posts that they have found a new Supercharger site under construction, there is still no way to know with certainty when it will be open for use. Sometimes it happens very fast (a few weeks)k and sometimes it takes many months. So you should never plan a trip assuming a site under construction will be open when you need to use it.

575E1054-9039-49B4-A3C6-8171D04A3803.jpeg Hi all,

Just saw the location of the Pasadena supercharger on the teslarati app today.

• Funny
Reactions: gaswalla
View attachment 268050 Hi all,

Just saw the location of the Pasadena supercharger on the teslarati app today.

I'm not sure what you're looking at here, the red T is the location of their store, and the grey lightning bolt is a generic "coming soon" icon which points to the entire region (zoom out a bit it will be right over the word "Pasadena"), not that exact address.

Awesome! I didn't realize Burbank has a 20 stall location. I used to go to the Service Center with 6 stalls before. Thanks everyone for the info. You all are great!

The SC list in my Tesla nav doesn't even show the old 6 stall location anymore. It's still there and I drove past it on my way to the new 20 stall location, so I suppose it would still be available in a pinch. The new Burbank spot is great!

rrosenbl had a tantalizing post today regarding a conversation with a mall executive and relayed the intent to put in superchargers at the following locations:

Expansion of SCs at The Grove and Glendale Americana shopping centers
Installation at the Palisades Village off Sunset in West LA
and of course The Commons at Calabasas (in a seperate TMC thread)
ALL OPPERATIONAL BY SEPTEMBER
Discusset this all on Talking Tesla episode 120 (recorded yesterday)

I checked building permits at the Americana shopping center in Glendale and found building and electrical permits which are very suggestive but not definitive:

Building permit BB1724432 applied for 10/10/2017, issued 12/6/2017:
INSTALLATION OF EV CHARGER STATIONS AND ANCILLIARY EQUIPMENT
Electrical permit BE1724436 applied for 10/10/2017, issued 12/6/2017:
10 BRANCH CIRCUITS, 4 SWITCHBOARD

The two permits are obviously for the same construction, and 10 branch circuits and 4 switchboards sounds like it could be 4 distribution centers and 10 supercharger cabinets. The address is the parking garage at 889 Americana Way in Glendale. Anyone local who can check it out? Construction should be well underway if the permits were issued a month ago.