Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers - Tesla's Alone and Unafraid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats to all the Tesla early adopters out there. As more and more Tesla's are produced and on the road, current Supercharger Stations will become increasingly crowded. Imagine having a Tesla Supercharger Station all to yourself. This occurrence is becoming less frequent out west. This thread is dedicated to all those times you were at a Supercharger Station Alone and Unafraid. Post solo shots of your car along with the Supercharger location and description if you dare. These are my favorite pics of our MS and MX!

IMG_1958.jpeg
Kettleman, CA

Last edited:
Pretty much still a California thing. Most of my non-west coast charging pictures we are the only car.:)

Impressive being the only car with 50 Superchargers available. That must be eerie.
When traveling in Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho it would be easier to post those times when I actually saw another Tesla. Supercharging can still be a social occasion here. :)
Exactly. The theme of this thread is funny to me, because it's unusual to not be the only car. I get excited when I do see another car at the station when I'm there, and that's about 50-60 different sites I've been to. I drive by the one in Boise a couple times a week or so, and always look over to see if anyone is there.

OK, this was a fun trip through my photo archive. I'm actually surprised I have so many solo charging photos that fit this thread. :) I agree with the thread's premise, that charging alone will be increasingly rare. Indeed, on my Nov/Dec 2018 trips from DC to NJ, nearly everywhere I stopped was full or nearly full.

August 2016 was part of a 1300-mile trip to Hershey PA, Cooperstown NY, Hartford CT, Boston MA, and Barnegat NJ.
August 2014 was part of a 2500-mile trip to Myrtle Beach SC, Savannah GA, Ft Lauderdale FL, and Charleston SC.

Grasonville MD, Nov 26, 2017:
IMG_8175.JPG

North East MD (Chesapeake House), Nov 22, 2017 -- not a full view but pretty sure we were the only one charging, despite the Thanksgiving rush:
IMG_8026.JPG

Binghamton, NY, Aug 21, 12016:
IMG_6319.JPG

Harrisburg, PA, Aug 19, 2016 -- our first supercharge of the 1300-mile road trip:
IMG_6284.JPG

Tinton Falls, NJ, Aug 31, 2015 -- heading to visit my sister in Barnegat NJ -- EDIT: oops, this one hadn't even opened yet, no wonder I was the only one there!
IMG_5030.JPG

Hagerstown, MD, Apr 16, 2015 -- heading to Pittsburgh for CMU Spring Carnival:
IMG_4692.JPG

Glen Allen, VA, Aug 5, 2014 -- our first supercharge of the 2500-mile road trip:
IMG_4043.JPG