Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
This would have been a lot easier if I started doing it two years ago, but being a little OCD I went through my travel notes and found that my 100th SC was West Springfield MA in September '17. In the process I found a bunch of errors -- four I listed in error and four I visited but didn't list, so still at 148 visited.

Haven't finished my trip yet, but the rest is going through already-visited SCs on the way home, but I'm up to 112 now. At your convenience, please add:

Columbus TX, Flatonia TX, San Marcos TX, Junction TX, Ozona TX, Midland TX, Van Horn TX, El Paso TX, Deming NM, Willcox AZ, Tucson AZ, Casa Grande AZ

Back to California in a month....

Thousand mile days are pretty sick in a Tesla. Averaging 900 miles/day for over a week is even sicker. I take it you were just napping at the superchargers? I can't even imagine how tired you were.

Thanks and it's always nice to hear from the top dogs on the list. :)

I always wanted to hit the 1,000 EV-miles-in-a-day mark and barely hit that on a previous road trip from Seattle to the East coast last year so this time I made sure to reach that a few times. I was surprised with the long mileage days that they were NOT across the 80-mph wide open spaces of SD, WY, MT, TX, UT, etc. AND were visiting 10-15 superchargers. I'm now wondering what is easily possible when you don't need to stop at every single supercharger along a 1,000-mile route. I guess it is just 1 step below a Cannonball style drive.

As it turns out, Alex Roy and Daniel Zorrilla recently set the EV Cannonball record in a Tesla Model 3 of 2,860 miles in ~50.25 hrs and I see that I did ~2,300 miles in 48 hrs but wasn't even trying for any type of record. They also had 2 drivers. I doubt they took the time to check into each location on PlugShare. lol​

The first 1,000+ mile day was actually on Day #1 when I hit an amazing 1,145 miles in 23.5 hrs through WV, VA, and NC all in the same timezone (easier to tell the miles-per-day) so I had a great start to the trip. I was not expecting to hit more than 900 miles in the zig-zag and mountains and a few big towns so I couldn't wait to hit the wide open spaces out West on this trip.

A week later it was 1,075 miles between Three Rivers, TX and Willcox, AZ and I gained a timezone but the Teslafi time stamps, for me, all get listed in Eastern time which saves me the headache of trying to remember what timezone pesky Arizona was on at the time.

Then the 2 main days returning were a good bit of fun. 1,230 miles in 17.5 hrs so just over 70 mph avg speed and 5.25 hrs of charging time that day or 22.75 hrs of driving + charging. That was followed by 1,170 miles but I arrived at 1:30 am so I'd subtract ~90 miles from that but it still makes it 1,080 miles in 15.75 hrs of driving so 68.5 mph avg speed and 6.75 hrs of charging or 22.5 hrs driving + charging.

upload_2018-3-20_0-27-1.png

You can see that some of the days were the low 700-mile days and others were 950- and 1,100-mile days. I took advantage of napping at a charger a few times and I can tell which ones when the charging stop was 2-4 hrs. Since I had plenty of wiggle room on the schedule, there was no need to drive beyond the point of being unsafe and too tired as I'd stop at a Destination charger if I needed a stop between superchargers. One or two nights of solid sleep made it possible to drive quite far the next day then a night or two to get caught up on rest and another long day on the road.

I got to visit Sweet Union Brewing and Rock Store BBQ outside of Charlotte, Georgia Southern University outside Savannah (which was an unplanned Destination charger stop but the Information Desk at the Savannah Airport supercharger isn't open until 8 am to validate the ticket so I delayed by arrival at the Airport until ~7:30 am by getting a few hours nap while charging at GSU), and arrived at the charger down in the Florida Keys at 2 am and got a solid couple of hours of sleep and could see the Keys in the morning light and there is basically zero traffic heading North on the Keys at 7 am on a Monday so that was a bonus.

I enjoyed most of the trip and kept thinking if I should have gone across southern TX on the way back instead of the way out but the locals down there reminded me that the week after I was there was going to be Spring Break and would be total mayhem down by South Padre Island so I was fortuitous to time my trip when I did.

Now I'm looking forward to the May trip out to Long Beach and what route I'll explore.

Darren: You shouldn't need to go via Midland unless the wind is against you. I did Ozona to Van Horn last September in an S90D, starting with 99% charge and arrived with 11% or 33 miles of rated range left.

To follow up on this, I did give a thought to heading straight from Ozona to Van Horn but ended up driving up to Midland first and then over to Van Horn. I don't think the direct Ozona - Van Horn route of 228 miles and 2,400 ft elevation gain is possible at near posted speed limits and with only 265 miles of max range so I didn't attempt it (as there is very little for backup charging locations along that route). I needed to hit Midland anyway but would have headed that way regardless.

Also, the time to get a 100% charge in Ozona would have taken 2 hrs for me to get 265 miles and then at least 3.5 hrs at 65 mph so 5.5 hrs total but the possibility of not being able to make it without some serious 30-40 mph hypermiling on side roads or a charge for 2 hrs along the way meant it might have taken 6-7 hrs.

Below is this segment and my detour route took a total of just over 6 hrs but had zero range anxiety and I'd do that again as well as it should never take more than 6 hrs. The direct route is possible if you have ~280 miles or more of max range or if the winds are not against you. Your 90% is 256 miles and 99% was probably ~281 miles so yes I would have attempted it with that range but not with just 265 miles for 100% charge -- my 90% is 241 miles and that ~20 mile difference was enough to force me up to Midland. Darn this range loss but it shouldn't drop too much more so I just get to get used to driving with 75D range and 90D badges.

The charging would have been quicker if the superchargers hadn't been hitting a max of 70-80 kW so that probably cost me 15-20 minutes as a guess so the trip should have been a bit closer to 5:45 hrs which is not enough slower than the sketchy direct route to make the direct route worth the chance (in my car). This example from Midland shows that it was no higher than ~70 kW until the normal tapering at ~55%. Ugh. Just when I wanted it to charge at full power too.

Here was the Wind Map at the time and the winds were coming up from Mexico due to the winter storm that was hitting the Atlantic coast (Philly, NYC, Boston, etc.) so the route in the southwestern direction from Midland had winds hitting the front left of the car and no tail wind until about the last 50 miles so I didn't try the direct route but only because some factors were against me (s-l-o-w chargers as well as the wind).

The Midland run was still a little close and the 180-mile trip consumed 241 miles of range and I only started with 242 miles or 90% range so 180 miles at +5 mph speed and up some elevation was the max range of the car which confirmed the original direct route of 228 miles was definitely not possible without going ~15-20 mph below the posted speed limit which I felt was going to be unsafe on the Interstate so I didn't attempt it.

upload_2018-3-20_1-8-19.png

upload_2018-3-20_0-59-6.png

upload_2018-3-20_1-21-59.png

Reactions: JSergeant
Haven't finished my trip yet, but the rest is going through already-visited SCs on the way home, but I'm up to 112 now. At your convenience, please add:

Columbus TX, Flatonia TX, San Marcos TX, Junction TX, Ozona TX, Midland TX, Van Horn TX, El Paso TX, Deming NM, Willcox AZ, Tucson AZ, Casa Grande AZ

Back to California in a month....
Updated.

Reactions: ThisIsTrue
;)@JSergeant thanks for the update to the maps!!

I’m looking to do trip in May to see if I can hold onto fourth place a bit longer. Should finish most of the Southwest SCs, get all of Texas and Midwest, and finally get Little Rock. Maybe even dip my toe in ND just so my lowly 2012 P85 can have been in all of the lower 48.

@Darren S impressive!

@Half Dollar Bill heads up. ;)

Reactions: Darren S
I’m looking to do trip in May to see if I can hold onto fourth place a bit longer. Should finish most of the Southwest SCs, get all of Texas and Midwest, and finally get Little Rock. Maybe even dip my toe in ND just so my lowly 2012 P85 can have been in all of the lower 48.

@Darren S impressive!

Thanks, but crap, now I'm going to definitely have to plan my trip wisely in late-May and not just an off-the-cuff drive out to Cali. It will be interesting how close we are in location as well as charger count during our trips.

I keep trying to find a spare weekend to tackle Michigan or eastern Canada but don't know if that will happen before the trip in late May.

I believe I also just need ND to be in all of the lower 48. Game on!

I just had the 75,000 mile maintenance performed (after only 23 months on the road). The Service Center kept referring to it as the "6 yr maintenance" but I have a 90D which isn't 6 yrs old so I keep using the mileage instead of the maintenance year. I'm going to really confuse them when they refer to it as the "8 yr maintenance" but not even a 2012 S is 8 yrs old yet. Ha.

Reactions: JSergeant
Now, all I need to do is double my current total to just barely not catch up with the leaders. Time's a wastin'.

Is there any way that we can combine forces and add our numbers together (209 + 268)? Almost like an acquisition or take-over? We would barely be in 1st place that way although I'm sure it wouldn't last more than a month.

I just updated my map with the "to be visited" locations (US only) and it now helps me plan on what routes to take on any trip across the states or some shorter trips a good number of states away, Tesla superchargers visited by Darren S - Google My Maps.

Last edited:
Is there any way that we can combine forces and add our numbers together (209 + 268)? Almost like an acquisition or take-over? We would barely be in 1st place that way although I'm sure it wouldn't last more than a month.
Maybe if 2 owners on the leaderboard got married?
But you'd have to look for an owner that hasn't been to the same ones you have......
One more requirement for the forthcoming app - dating profile - owner from the east seeks owner from the west....... :)