Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Stockton is kind of a corner case. It soft-opened for a couple days last weekend, during which many people thought "hey it's up!" (and both TMC and supercharge.info marked it as "live"). But then they shut it down, presumably until final inspections are done (which according to the local Supercharger paparazzi :) are supposed to be tomorrow, or Real Soon Now at any rate).

Bruce.

PS. Selection of "not visited" and "construction" and "permit" works great now (modulo some already-discussed corner cases), thanks!
As far as I can tell from that thread, it was only working for a few hours. And I don't think it ever updated to Open at supercharge.info. Still shows under construction for 321 days there. For some reason, I thought the Tableau got its information from supercharge.info but apparently that isn't the case.

As far as I can tell from that thread, it was only working for a few hours. And I don't think it ever updated to Open at supercharge.info. Still shows under construction for 321 days there. For some reason, I thought the Tableau got its information from supercharge.info but apparently that isn't the case.
It was updated to open in supercharge.info when someone reporting charging there. When it is shutoff, sometimes they mark it as Temporary Closed and sometimes they put it back to Construction.

As soon as someone charges there, we mark it as open. We do not update with temporary closures or if it set back to construction, because we validate the date someone charges to make sure it is on or after the open date.

upload_2020-10-25_18-52-40.png

• Helpful
Reactions: israndy
October 20th

California

Lincoln...
Dang, missed crossing paths again:

October 21st

California

Lincoln

Nevada

Lovelock

October 22nd

Nevada

Winnemucca

Idaho

Boise

Oregon

Ontario
Baker City
Pendleton

Washington

Kennewick
Ritzville
Moses Lake
Ellensburg
Leavenworth (A bunch of rowdy kids in pickups partying in the Supercharger spaces, geez)
Cle Elem (A keycode for the restroom?? Cool!)

October 23rd

Washington

North Bend
Auburn
Seattle - Union St.
Bellevue (Dam, still not open, why is it showing on the map?)
Bothell

Spreadsheet updated

Last edited:
Hi! Been a bit since I've posted and I've added a few around Maine and between Maine and Atlanta, where I am now for about a week before I head to Fort Worth for November. Included a few pics of offroading and exploring and visiting Lubec, ME - the easternmost point of the US. I have a couple new videos on YouTube too:
  1. Baileyville, ME 10/10/20
  2. Medway, ME 10/22/20
  3. Jackman, ME 10/22/20
  4. Skowhegan, ME 10/22/20
  5. Kennebunk, ME - SB 10/24/20
  6. Hooksett, NH - NB 10/24/20
  7. Brattleboro, VT 10/24/20
  8. Hadley, MA 10/24/20
  9. Meriden, CT (V3) 10/24/20
  10. Greenwich, CT - SB 10/24/20
  11. Cranbury, NJ (V3 - new setup) - 10/24/20
  12. Baltimore, MD - Boston St (V3) - 10/24/20
  13. Chester, VA 10/25/20
  14. South Hill, VA 10/25/20
  15. Henderson, NC 10/25/20
  16. Charlotte, NC 10/25/20
  17. Greenville, SC 10/25/20
  18. Buford, GA 10/25/20
IMG_1472.jpg

IMG_1839.JPG

IMG_1977.JPG

DJI_0163.JPG

IMG_1688.JPG

IMG_1225.JPG
IMG_1417.JPG

Hi! Been a bit since I've posted and I've added a few around Maine and between Maine and Atlanta, where I am now for about a week before I head to Fort Worth for November. Included a few pics of offroading and exploring and visiting Lubec, ME - the easternmost point of the US. I have a couple new videos on YouTube too:
  2. Medway, ME 10/22/20
  3. Jackman, ME 10/22/20
  8. Hadley, MA 10/24/20
  13. Chester, VA 10/25/20
  18. Buford, GA 10/25/20
View attachment 602555
View attachment 602556
View attachment 602557
View attachment 602558
View attachment 602559
View attachment 602560 View attachment 602561
Hi Branden:

Just one clarification. There are actually two SpC's in Charlotte, NC. I have assumed that the one you visited was the Church Rd location. Let me know if that is incorrect.

Charlotte - Toringdon Way, NC
Charlotte, NC (Mallard Creek Church RD)

Reactions: branden
  2. Medway, ME 10/22/20
  3. Jackman, ME 10/22/20
  8. Hadley, MA 10/24/20
  13. Chester, VA 10/25/20
  18. Buford, GA 10/25/20
View attachment 602555
View attachment 602556
View attachment 602557
View attachment 602558
View attachment 602559
View attachment 602560 View attachment 602561
LOL your drone pic of the Jackman supercharger makes it almost look presentable. Also, it's nice to see another Model S that looks as dusty as mine. I always feel like the ugly duckling at the superchargers, but there's no time for car washes on my 700 miles/day weeks long road trips :)

October 25th

Arizona

White Hills

Go Seahawks!!
Well this trip could have gone better :) Not only the game, but my car crapped out again at a low state of charge. This time it read 8 Rated Miles remaining when it shut down a little less than a mile to the Tucson-Rita Rd. off-ramp. I was able to coast as far as the off-ramp but no further. Super maddening to be stuck less than a half mile from a supercharger with the Nav still telling me I would arrive with 3% remaining.

I realize many will say/think it's my own fault for cutting it close, but I never hear about stories like this from other Tesla owners with the car shutting down with the battery showing miles to spare. It's now put me on a tow truck twice, but there have been 3-4 other times where I was getting massive warnings in the instrument cluster as I was pulling into a supercharger with 5-15 Rated Miles still on the dial. I definitely think there's some underlying issue with this car, but I've had no luck getting any answers from Tesla. It's always just the company line of "you shouldn't have run the battery down so low." Obviously it would be very nice to know what the actual zero-point is on my battery lol.

So this time was worse than last. Last time I ended up on the tow truck I was able to charge when I got to the supercharger. This time the car would not take a charge. There's just one hotel near that supercharger, a Hampton Inn a quarter mile away, and I felt fortunate that they had a room. I checked in (this all happened around midnight), slept a like 4 hours, then started spamming every Tesla email address, phone number, phone app, etc. that I could. There's no way to call the Tucson service center directly, which was super frustrating. You didn't even get the menu where you could "check on car in for service" or whatever. It just sent you straight to a call center which then put me on hold for 20 minutes before I eventually gave up and hung up.

I did eventually get a text response from what seemed like a human telling me to tow the car to the service center and that they would let them know to expect it. I arranged that and then just as the tow truck arrived, I got a call from a guy at the service center. He advised that I not tow it because he wanted to send a ranger out to work on it. By this point the car was so dead that I couldn't open the doors, trunk, frunk, chargeport, etc. so I couldn't even put it in tow mode. I agreed that I didn't really want it dragged up onto a tow truck, so I sheepishly canceled with the tow truck driver and gave him 20 bucks for his trouble.

A ranger did come out and change out my 12V battery rather quickly and seemingly competently. With the new 12V I was able to supercharge and eventually get back on the road. So far my supercharging seems slightly slower than it had been before (already throttled to 108kW max, but now it's tapering much more violently), and it's also making a lot of noise when it superchargers at rates above 60kW. The whole process did not take too long once it got going, but the initial part of not being able to get a hold of anyone to figure out what to do is just maddening. Also the late night people on the Roadside Assistance number were not very helpful. Apparently, I should have asked the tow truck driver to jump my 12V battery after dropping me off at the supercharger and I probably could have supercharged and at least been able to drive it in to a service center and avoided some of the stress and confusion. But I had no real way of knowing that and no one on the Roadside Assistance line suggested that I try it, in fact they never even mentioned the 12V battery (I did, but didn't get any response).

At this point, I'm waiting to hear back on some "remote diagnostics," but I'm pessimistic that I'll get any real answers. It looks like the new 12V will be enough to get me home (I decided to just cut my trip short and head back after this), but I'm not convinced that it has solved the long term issues with this car/battery pack. Probably the only way I can find out is to run it down very low again and see what happens! But I won't be doing that on this trip. I've had enough of the tow truck scene for now.

• Informative
Reactions: BM3B and NKYTA
I suspect your 12 volt battery was getting weak. Anecdotal evidence (posts from others, not verified by myself) suggests the car turns off the DC-DC converter below a certain state of charge, so you end up depleting the 12 volt battery. If it’s weak, the car can shut down unexpectedly.

Was your 12 volt battery original?

Glad you’re back on the road.

I suspect your 12 volt battery was getting weak. Anecdotal evidence (posts from others, not verified by myself) suggests the car turns off the DC-DC converter below a certain state of charge, so you end up depleting the 12 volt battery. If it’s weak, the car can shut down unexpectedly.

Was your 12 volt battery original?

Glad you’re back on the road.
Original but it had been exhibiting this type of behavior for quite a while. I'm currently at 135k miles on this March 2018 S100D, and my first tow truck ride was July or August 2019 when I was at about 70k miles I think. Just seems weird that it would continue this sketchy behavior for so long without completely crapping out (until now of course).

Isn't moving to one of those aftermarket Tesla batteries the solution? Instead of getting just another crappy lead-acid battery, get a lithium battery that will survive thousands of charge cycles and put that in when the original battery dies. Done and done. I'm thinking of this as my car is also a 2018, although so far the Model 3 doesn't seem to eat 12v batteries the way the Model S historically did.