Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
So my count now shows 65+1 for some reason…even though all my visits are in the US. What’s that about?

Also I see some people (while being correctly ordered) are missing their rank in the first column.

@theflyer any ideas?
To your second question. I believe you are referring to the spreadsheet leaderboard table. Any entry that is a blank in that table means they are tied for that order. For instance sperrysburg and cpa both have 34 visits.

upload_2020-10-24_12-43-0.png

Subtract all time spent charging from the total time. That eliminates any advantage due to charging times. And eliminate minimum charging times at any given station.

Can a participant run the course from East to West instead, using the same end points?

Good suggestion! I don't see why not--west to east or east to west shouldn't make for a problem unless the contestants wanted to meet up when they've completed their trek.

I’m seeing under construction sites being marked as “not visited” now. Is that the same thing?
Yes, trying to get that fixed. We may have a solution...will try to implement it later tonight. We do lots of "creative" things with our spreadsheet and tableau to make everything work. That makes it all pretty fragile and is one of the best reasons to move everything to a database with appropriate tables.

• Informative
Reactions: YYZ-IAD
Hi all, just caught up on my favorite thread in these forums. Might be the long day, but I swear there was something about an excommunicated nun and a chainsaw somewhere in there.

Anyway, doubled my count since last time:

Basking Ridge NJ - Oct 10
Tannersville PA - Oct 18

Sorry to hear about your software woes. I'm a pretty high end software guy who's been stuck in a codeless managerial role for three years while my teams have all the fun. Longest time I've gone without coding for 30+ years. Miss it badly.

Anyway, I'm open to a string of weekends worth of work to do the full deal ... custom iOS/Android apps (React Native) and web app (React) with real-time integration with whatever you all want (gmaps, supercharger.info, this forum, etc). I have some underused AWS instances lying around which could scale to 100s/1000s of users, with basically the same power as ... Netflix? ;)

Best of all, you could all design the app you want... custom everything. Keep it lean and build out fun goals, filters, social stuff, etc.

And just for fun, no money, no advertising, no patreon or anything. Legally I can't do that anyway. Open source is only option.

Anyway, just a thought. Don't want to steal anyone's thunder. It's just really very easy for me to do this stuff. I make name-brand highly scalesble/configurable apps all the time and it's not much fun. But having a reason to obsess more about my Tesla. That's a win.

Again, don't want to diminish anyone's efforts or wade in and make noise.

This would be amazing. The guys who administer this competition invest a lot of time. I feel that it will start getting more difficult to keep up as Tesla continues to expand, particularly if build-outs increase exponentially as Elon suggests. I think a fully developed phone app would also make data entry much easier for competitors. As it is now, entering data on the spreadsheet can really only be done on a computer, as the mobile Sheets app crashes frequently due to the large dataset.

Not knocking anything we have now; I’m extremely grateful for all of the time and effort invested in our system. The functionality provided is outstanding. I remember when I started playing this game, keeping track of my visits on my own google map.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shesmyne2"
I have the visualizations working again but updating Tableau will now require running a macro within the spreadsheet as I had to create two new tabs within the spreadsheet that Tableau will use. Any spreadsheet admin will be able to run the macro and we can run it whenever we want. I'll set a calendar item to do it at least once a week and am working on a way to automate it.

Please try your visualization to see if it looks correct.

This would be amazing. The guys who administer this competition invest a lot of time. I feel that it will start getting more difficult to keep up as Tesla continues to expand, particularly if build-outs increase exponentially as Elon suggests. I think a fully developed phone app would also make data entry much easier for competitors. As it is now, entering data on the spreadsheet can really only be done on a computer, as the mobile Sheets app crashes frequently due to the large dataset.

Not knocking anything we have now; I’m extremely grateful for all of the time and effort invested in our system. The functionality provided is outstanding. I remember when I started playing this game, keeping track of my visits on my own google map.
It's only getting more difficult because we're doing more creative things with the data. Still, a database would be a better approach. I came up with a solution today that simplifies the data for tableau at the cost of a little less dynamicism in updates. This new structure is much less fragile.

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
I have the visualizations working again but updating Tableau will now require running a macro within the spreadsheet as I had to create two new tabs within the spreadsheet that Tableau will use. Any spreadsheet admin will be able to run the macro and we can run it whenever we want. I'll set a calendar item to do it at least once a week and am working on a way to automate it.

Please try your visualization to see if it looks correct.
Construction/permit sites are no longer there and a spot check looks good on my end. Thanks!

October 21st

California

Paso Robles
Pismo Beach
Goleta
Simi Valley
Palmdale
Los Angeles-Alameda St.
Hawthorne-W 120th St.
Hawthorne-El Segunda Blvd.
Hermosa Beach
Cerritos
Buena Park-Beach Blvd.
Anaheim-E Katella Ave.
Mission Viejo
San Clemente-Avenida Vista Hermosa
Beaumont
As you can see in the quoted post, I did visit Goleta a few days ago. It's still showing up as Not Yet Visited on my map. Not sure if it was a data entry error or something else going on with the new Tableau maps.

As you can see in the quoted post, I did visit Goleta a few days ago. It's still showing up as Not Yet Visited on my map. Not sure if it was a data entry error or something else going on with the new Tableau maps.
I can't figure out what is going on with Goleta. A calculated field I use to filter the map is not working correctly for that location. I cannot find any other location where that is the case. If you switch to your visited view, you'll notice that map is correctly showing that you visited the location.

I'll keep poking around to see if I can figure out why the calculation isn't working as expected for Goleta.

We show it as open. As soon as someone charges there, we mark it as open. Go there at your own risk before it is officially open by Tesla.

Supercharger - Stockton, CA (awaiting final inspection 18 Oct 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

Yeah, Stockton is kind of a corner case. It soft-opened for a couple days last weekend, during which many people thought "hey it's up!" (and both TMC and supercharge.info marked it as "live"). But then they shut it down, presumably until final inspections are done (which according to the local Supercharger paparazzi :) are supposed to be tomorrow, or Real Soon Now at any rate).

Bruce.

PS. Selection of "not visited" and "construction" and "permit" works great now (modulo some already-discussed corner cases), thanks!