Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
One other question here, on what counts: Are there purists here that don't count going to the SC unless there was a primary purpose to the trip other than visiting the SC? I wouldn't feel like I truly earned the SC unless I was in the area for something else. I must admit there were one or two SC in california that I visited, that I could have skipped, but wanted to stop by so I knew where it was and what attractions were nearby. So definitely on my route, and I'll gladly count it as I didn't go there just to add it to the list. But everyone has their own motivation - like visiting every major league ball park in the country. I have nothing against that, to each their own.

@tmoz
Like you said, to each their own.
Some folks on the list never get the car out beyond their local charging radius and others are cross-country trailblazers. There's never a bad reason to visit a supercharger when you're driving a Tesla. Count what makes you happy.
The "purist" discussion of late has been around whether to count the newer urban chargers. There doesn't seem to be a lot of support for the idea, especially since most have parking fees attached. The community is firm that non-public chargers, like those inside service centers, should not be counted.

• Helpful
Reactions: tmoz
I'm now in favor of counting the urban chargers as there are just so many of them and some of them aren't even very urban. Perhaps there could be a distinction between ones with mandatory parking fees, but I could also see it becoming to tiresome to categorize each one and then you'd have cases where they change the rules on parking fees etc.

Reactions: Darren S
I'm now in favor of counting the urban chargers as there are just so many of them and some of them aren't even very urban. Perhaps there could be a distinction between ones with mandatory parking fees, but I could also see it becoming to tiresome to categorize each one and then you'd have cases where they change the rules on parking fees etc.

Or, maybe we establish a new category dedicated solely to urban chargers. Sorta like championship season statistics and post season statistics are not combined for a player's achievements.

I recently visited the Scottsdale, AZ urban charger (in the Kierland Commons shopping area / parking garage) and it was free to park / charge but yes at some point in the future they could make that a mandatory pay fee such as Boston or NYC. I'm also in favor of counting urban chargers whether they are in a pay-to-park area or not. If the "pay-to-get-to-it" discussion ever comes up then it should include anything along a Turnpike since you are required to pay a fee to reach them and we all know those locations have long-been included so that should extend to parking locations that require a fee.

Scottsdale was also not terribly urban imho and was far easier to get to than some supercharger locations that are buried in a shopping mall such as Gaithersburg, MD. To me, these two locations are identical and I don't know why Gaithersburg is a full supercharger location when it seems as though it should have been an urban charger location.

I also visited Miami (Brickell City Centre) urban charger location back in March but was 2 weeks too early there and it was after hours so there wasn't much traffic in town. I was only there for ~10 minutes so maybe that was quick enough to avoid the $3 minimum fee as it would have been a pain to pay $3 AND not be able to grab a charge.

Or, maybe we establish a new category dedicated solely to urban chargers. Sorta like championship season statistics and post season statistics are not combined for a player's achievements.

I think just total combined is THE stat to go by. IF someone wants to separate theirs into supercharger or urban charger then so be it but in the same breath shouldn't they also split them into US, Canada, and Mexico? And if that person takes a trip to Europe and is able to rent a Tesla or get a loaner and adds some in France, Germany, and Belgium then they'd have yet another category?

Ugh, no thanks. Just keep it a total count. Once you reach 100, you need to list out the locations you've visited so it will be noted if someone visited an Urban or foreign country ... no need to start splitting out the stats such as 278 visited (2 US urban, 3 Canada, 0 Mexico) -- just 278 would be fine with me.

For those like us with the MS75D it does not take long for us to start at 90+ kw but be below 72 kw fairly quickly, so using an urban SC may be better for us so we are not limited to 25 kw because a MS100 is getting 120 kw on the other side of the pair. I say count them all!!!

For those like us with the MS75D it does not take long for us to start at 90+ kw but be below 72 kw fairly quickly, so using an urban SC may be better for us so we are not limited to 25 kw because a MS100 is getting 120 kw on the other side of the pair. I say count them all!!!

My S 90D is down to 265 miles max range so it is basically like driving an S 75D. Add to that the throttling of 95 kW max at a supercharger and it makes multi-charger visits a little more intriguing to plan.

On a recent trip through west Texas and then the urban charger in Scottsdale, the URBAN charger ended up having a faster average kW rate than many of the full supercharger sites in west Texas. I don't know what the issue was with those superchargers in west Texas.

Wait until they start adding the super SCs that charge at 300 KW peak or so. What category would they fall under?
Did people track how many gas stations they filled up at, back when cars became more popular (1920s, 1930?)?
I hope tracking SC locations becomes ridiculous someday. 500 is countable. What happens when there are 2500 or 5000?
At some point, I would think this exercise goes away?

Except no car manufacturer has offered their cars with Unlimited Free fill-ups for Long-Distance travel. If they did, then I think those Forums would also have a thread like this where the posters competed for the most "Free" Gas full-ups. Just my thought.

I had a productive day - 6 more added: Greensboro, NC; Raleigh, NC; Fayetteville, NC; Warsaw, NC; Wilmington, NC; Myrtle Beach, SC
Total is now 429.
I almost hit Greensboro today but changed plans after Hickory was up and running. Had no idea we were "working the same territory" :D

And yes, you read that right. Hickory is open so you might want to work that into your plans!

• Informative
Reactions: Darren S
I almost hit Greensboro today but changed plans after Hickory was up and running. Had no idea we were "working the same territory" :D

And yes, you read that right. Hickory is open so you might want to work that into your plans!

Nice time traveling into the future as supercharge.info indicates Hickory opens tomorrow (or technically, in 7 minutes from now).

upload_2018-4-3_23-53-33.png

Let's see I should start my own since you guys are my idols:
16 and counting.... I see this can become addictive.
Austin
Waco
Columbus
Flatonia
North Houston/Spring
Sulfur Springs
Italy
Corsicana
Lindale
San Marcos
Juncttion
Sweetwater