Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can’t imagine having to plug in with this going on around you. Not to mention the drive.

There was some crazy stuff on Bay Area roads yesterday. My car stayed firmly parked in the driveway (can’t wait for my garage door to get fixed but that’s another story).

I-880 near Fremont was (is?) flooded this morning…hope they don’t try to drive the Tesla car carriers through that!

Bruce.

Has there been a decision on the temporary chargers? It doesn't impact me now, but there were a lot of good points made and I think the admins can hopefully make a quick decision for clarity. here is my $0.04

Count if:
1. Persisted in Tesla NAV with a pin and unique name for at least one month
- applies to even superchargers that are no longer open to the public

Do not count if:
1. Never appears in Tesla NAV, or appears as a second pin but with the same name as a nearby charger

Recommend a vote:
1. If the NAV states the supercharger is "Temporary" for any reason (construction, special event, etc)
---> my vote is no, but @Bighorn's points are good (in the NAV, regular schedule, he planned the visit) and I am totally fine if we count the temporary sites if they persist in the NAV for at least a month straight

Has there been a decision on the temporary chargers?
Based on feedback we have decided not to change the rules:
- fixed superchargers open to the public, including pallets, count
- portable superchargers, like trailers, do not count

Well rats, another Tableau reversion...
Happens sometimes. Usually fixes itself the next day.

East Coasters can fly to California, rent a Hertz, and pick off a bunch of SCs. West Coasters can fly to NJ and do the same.
Should we have a distinction for competitors who have only logged supercharger visits in their vehicle - not a borrowed or rented vehicle?

Should we have a distinction for competitors who have only logged supercharger visits in their vehicle - not a borrowed or rented vehicle?

Rules on Page 1 already covered this case? Seems it would make the spreadsheet fairly complicated to track rentals vs owned

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged, whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).

Yes, rentals are allowed in the rules. Just seeing if there was interest in indicating who has done all their charging in their own vehicle, and who has used rentals/borrowed vehicles. Just like we count superchargers worldwide, but indicate how many US/Canada superchargers have been visited.

A5010A9E-C823-463E-ADEF-872F98358C68.jpeg
I’m on the road again….

First check in - literally and figuratively at Madison, WI, Whitney Way.

Quite out of the way of the interstate most will be on, which is a bit frustrating, as these are the only 250kW in the area. *sigh* I’m sure Tesla will decommission the 120kW chargers here soon.

Attachments

• 2E4B9503-220C-4EED-942E-DC401F2187D8.jpeg
    2E4B9503-220C-4EED-942E-DC401F2187D8.jpeg
    718.9 KB · Views: 38
Grats on the leaf-peeping trip! Looking forward to doing the same on our visit to VT next week, then heading down upstate NY to MD the week after.

Congrats on the firsts! Two in one trip is pretty great!

Added these to the spreadsheet:
09/25/2021Wheatland, WY
09/25/2021Lusk, WY
09/25/2021Custer, SD
09/25/2021Spearfish, SD
09/26/2021Rapid City, SD
09/26/2021Wall, SD
09/26/2021Murdo, SD
09/26/2021Oacoma, SD
09/26/2021Mitchell, SD
09/26/2021Sioux Falls, SD

Got all but Watertown in South Dakota, would have added too much time to the trip and we already got in pretty late to our hotel after visiting Crazy Horse, Mt Rushmore, and the Badlands. Will have to come back and hit it on the way to North Dakota at some point...
Let me know when you’re through western ND. 😎

Reactions: Darren S
View attachment 725676I’m on the road again….

First check in - literally and figuratively at Madison, WI, Whitney Way.

Quite out of the way of the interstate most will be on, which is a bit frustrating, as these are the only 250kW in the area. *sigh* I’m sure Tesla will decommission the 120kW chargers here soon.
Awesome to get a 1st visit there after it's been open a month, @701SpeedDemon! I've updated the spreadsheet for you. Can't wait to see where you go on your trip. Enjoy!

Reactions: 701SpeedDemon
No! Don't do that! Save them for the Nissans and whatever come to use the Superchargers once they are open to the general public
Hah! Save them for me. My car maxes out at about 75 kW at 5% and tapers rapidly down from that. Anyway, my experience here in the mountain west is that when Tesla adds V3 Superchargers they tend to leave the V2 ones in place, to keep the stall numbers up and the lines down. Not sure about supercharger dense parts of the country.

Reactions: 701SpeedDemon
You timed it well. The drive from Montrose to Durango (Red Mountain Pass) is supposed to be winter conditions tomorrow. I'm working tomorrow as an election judge at the Ouray County Courthouse (built in 1888 during the mining days) and hoping it is mostly rain at that relatively low altitude (7700 feet).

Yes, that drive is spectacular, which is why I chose to move to little Ouray County, population now about 4800, more than two decades ago.

I didn't get a chance to post any pictures in my reply to GHammer above, about the scenic journey from Montrose to Durango, via US 550, the "Million Dollar Highway" over Red Mountain, Molas, and Coal Bank passes. I have many from this area, as you might expect, but this one gives an idea of what the the road looks like:

Model S on US550 2292-93sf 6-24-19.jpg

^ US 550 northbound, heading from Red Mountain Pass (11,016 feet, 3358 meters) toward Ouray.

Based on feedback we have decided not to change the rules:
- fixed superchargers open to the public, including pallets, count
- portable superchargers, like trailers, do not count
No wheels allowed.

Not in my opinion. It makes it more difficult to track - for example, the ones I visited in a rental but then later charged at in my own car. It could also be seen as devaluing a competitor’s travels and accomplishments - I don’t care if someone flies to Alaska, takes the ferry or drives their own car the whole way.

It could also be seen as devaluing a competitor’s travels and accomplishments
I see your point; that was not the intent. There has never been anything wrong with getting a new car, renting a car, or borrowing a car - it has always been about the driver. Turo has been around for a while - Hertz is not something new.

I typically don't chime in on these debates because being at or near the top of the leaderboard I obviously have a vested interest. Ideally, any rules modifications would be made by knowledgeable competitors who are not near the top. Of course the problem is if you go too far down the leaderboard, you end up with people who haven't experienced all the nuances of the various superchargers and they may not be able to make very informed decisions.

I will say that any major rule change at this point (such as disallowing rentals or borrowed cars) would be patently unfair as many people have planned and made trips according to the rules that have been in place for years now. At the very least, there would have to be a very strong reason for altering those rules, and while there may still be a debate to be had on what the rules should be, I don't see any strong or obvious reason why any of those rules should be changed after the fact.

Also, driving other Teslas and supercharging in other countries or areas is fun! The main problem is that it tends to be very expensive whether on Turo or from a traditional car rental company. I think the expense will likely come down quite a bit in the future so that issue should go away.

I don't have much of an opinion on the temporary superchargers. When in doubt, I would stick with the rule people agreed on a couple months ago. Another idea is to not count the ones labeled "Temporary" in the Nav unless they stick around for at least one year. There would be some ambiguity during that year, but everyone would know they were taking a gamble if they decided to drive out of their way to charge at it or decided to bypass it.