Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of unattainable superchargers, the two stall at the Tesla store in Chicago should probably be removed from the game. I’ve attempted to charge there on five occasions and it’s always blocked with cars. Maybe I have to visit on the last day of a quarter after they’ve sold all of the cars?
18 have visited - 3 in 2021: @GHammer @pdxrajiv and @benswing.

18 have visited - 3 in 2021: @GHammer @pdxrajiv and @benswing.
True, but it seems like it's fairly unattainable for the last couple years. I'd be interested to know when the most recent visit was. Big Earl has a point about the idea of removing currently unattainable superchargers from the map (for the purposes of clearing a state and avoiding OCD twitching). Of course the people who visited it back when it was attainable should still receive credit for the visit just like they do with any legacy supercharger that gets shut down.

EDIT: just noticed that 3 had visited in 2021. That really surprises me given Big Earl's trials and travails there!

Last edited:
I have changed "Houston - Westheimer RD, TX" back to "Construction" from "Open". While we usually don't do this (once opened we leave it opened), this is a special case. It opened briefly and then has been closed for an extended period of time, and does not seem to be opening any time soon. Nobody in the game has visited it.

Another factor is our brave competitors who have cleared TX except for this one supercharger which is unattainable. Seems fair to show the state as cleared for them.
Thank you. Seems especially appropriate if it was put out of commission by damage that requires construction. That and it’s never been visited.

Speaking of unattainable superchargers, the two stall at the Tesla store in Chicago should probably be removed from the game. I’ve attempted to charge there on five occasions and it’s always blocked with cars. Maybe I have to visit on the last day of a quarter after they’ve sold all of the cars?
I've lobbied unsuccessfully in the past that locations at service centers that used to be public but have now been removed from the nav as nearby standalone locations have been built be removed from the game. The one at the Alpharetta GA service center was removed under this criteria but Chicago Grand ave., Cincinnati Blue Ash and Burbank SvC are all still in play even though they no longer appear on the nav and in the case of Cincinnati it is clearly marked service center only. I got lucky with Grand Ave. by going at 6am on a Sunday. It took three tries for me to get Burbank because it was always full with service cars. I had to sneak in and move cones to get Cincinnati, I did not feel good about that one.

Edit: Nashville-Brentwood SvC also falls under this.

Last edited:
Sorry for the long post...but it is complicated.

I'd be interested to know when the most recent visit was.
@pdxrajiv 9/29/2021
@benswing 7/29/2021
@GHammer 5/21/1021

removing currently unattainable superchargers from the map...people who visited it back when it was attainable should still receive credit

The one at the Alpharetta GA service center was removed under this criteria but Chicago Grand ave., Cincinnati Blue Ash and Burbank SvC are all still in play even though they no longer appear on the nav and in the case of Cincinnati it is clearly marked service center only.

Just trying to balance the challenge of visiting, with those that want to add it to their count. Tesla is very inconsistent with superchargers at service centers - some have signs saying off limits or off limits during business hours, some block them, some are on the nav, some are on their website findus, some are on plugshare....For example, Cincinnati shows on the website as "8 superchargers, available 24/7, up to 150kW" but apparently the service center says no public charging.

Right now the mechanism we have in the spreadsheet is to mark it closed. It would no longer be on the "not yet visited" maps for competitors, but would still count for those that have visited and show up on their "visited" maps. If someone visits and puts an entry in the spreadsheet with a date after the closed date, we still count the visit - the only thing that happens is the background of the visit date in the spreadsheet shows up as red to indicate the supercharger was visited outside the open dates. The admins use the red background to contact the person to get the date corrected.

Some possibilities of what we could do:
1. Leave it "as-is". Perhaps update the TMC thread we link to with an explanation of the difficulty in visiting.
2. Mark it "closed" and not allow more visits
3. Mark it "closed" and ignore the red background*
4. Mark it "closed" with a date of 12/31/2050 so it shows as a closed supercharger on our maps, but visits are not flagged*. Would not show up on "unvisited" maps.
5. Do something more complicated, like add a new status, or flag whether it counts in the "cleared" maps, etc.

* I have not tried this but I'm pretty sure it will work. I don't think Tableau will care.
If we do #3 or #4, how will competitors know about the supercharger?
If we mark it as closed, would we ask supercharge.info to mark it closed too? They may or may not do so. We are not directly tied to what they do.

I have changed "Houston - Westheimer RD, TX" back to "Construction" from "Open". While we usually don't do this (once opened we leave it opened), this is a special case. It opened briefly and then has been closed for an extended period of time, and does not seem to be opening any time soon. Nobody in the game has visited it.

Another factor is our brave competitors who have cleared TX except for this one supercharger which is unattainable. Seems fair to show the state as cleared for them.
Thanks - wasn't aware this site was "challenged". It's currently on a planned route for a trip west in February for me and will monitor the site for status.

@Tdreamer

Nav shows Temporary closure. Another reason to drop it. Bad itinerary creation
Bad itinerary creation? I use tableau + ABRP to pre-plan extended trip routes based on current available info, one to two months in advance of a trip. I then tweak over time, and adjust as needed both prior to departure and along the way (based on TMC, supercharge.info and in-car nav info).

For those of us with more than 10 unvisited superchargers a little preplanning can help optimize the trip. :) ;)

Hope this one is back by mid Feb - but if not, wont' be the first city to have a red dot left in the rearview mirror.

A few more today... I have a 3 year old to catch.
Don't feel too pressured, he had an early start:

(This was the Grand Opening of the Cherry Hill NJ sales/service center. He was 4 weeks old.)

Attachments

• IMG_7734.jpg
    IMG_7734.jpg
    482 KB · Views: 76
Texas

Round Rock
Austin
Johnson City US-281

@tes-s The Austin garage was closed when I checked at 4 am and 5 am. Went back at 7 am when a validating coffee shop opened. (Manana). Total PITA getting out when their QR code read as invalid. Took 10 minutes and a hotel employee swiping me out. Fortunately, it wasn’t busy.
I don't feel so bad getting charged $4.33 for a quick in and out (no grace period). At least I didn't have to wait for the garage to open, or for an attendant to get me out. Surprised a hotel garage is not open 24/7 - guess Tesla is surprised too.

1639153942394.png

Reactions: Tdreamer
I noticed that some of the Superchargers I visited From Asheville, NC to Columbus OH Polaris are missing from my map, and this matches the difference between my count and that shown on the leaderboard, so I'm re-posting those visits.

I had forgotten Rockledge FL, and posted it earlier this evening. That one is #106 in my list.

On to the ones previously posted, but missing from the map (and therefore, probably the database)

12/1 Asheville NC -Tunnel Rd
12/2 Pigeon Forge TN
12/2 London KY
12/3 Lexington KY
12/3 Florence KY
12/3 Columbus OH - Polaris

There, that will soothe my obsessive/compulsive nature for a while.

Reactions: JSergeant and bmah