Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
We added six new ones on our trip to Arroyo Grande, CA and back. Frustratingly, that list does not include Arroyo Grande itself. I was sure it'd come online while we were visiting. Sigh. It looks ready, but no electrons by the time we left for home yesterday morning.
  • San Jose, East Capitol
  • Greenfield
  • Pismo
  • Paso Robles
  • Salinas
  • San Jose, Coleman
PS: Has anyone had good luck editing the spreadsheet on an iPad? I entered my three outbound newbies while I was in AG using my iPad. When I opened the sheet on my computer today to enter the other three, I discovered that only one of the three earlier entries "stuck". I know it's a huge document, so maybe more than a poor little iPad can handle.
No, unfortunately. It was one of the reasons I ceded control to the Admins early on during this project.

Opening up my work computer on the road is antithetical to a "vacation". And that is what traveling x-country for new SCs is all about, amiright?

Has anyone had good luck editing the spreadsheet on an iPad? I entered my three outbound newbies while I was in AG using my iPad. When I opened the sheet on my computer today to enter the other three, I discovered that only one of the three earlier entries "stuck". I know it's a huge document, so maybe more than a poor little iPad can handle.
I use the Sheets app, even works on my phone to edit Google Docs spreadsheets

View attachment 670533

THAT'S a LOT of no construction going on. Easy to lose site of them with the cone colors being extremely similar to the highway and background colors. Perhaps a different icon would make them pop
Randy's observation leads me to ask the question as to whether to stay with this map layer or revert to the tableau map layer? My vote would be to revert for the following reasons:
  • it loads slowly. sometimes very slowly. This is the number one reason to revert in my book.
  • I find it incredibly hard to read when zoomed in.
  • The heavy use of orange and red make adding any points of interest very hard to discern. Zoomed-out it is very orange heavy. Zoomed in, red heavy. The red not-yet-visited dots get lost when zooming in to state or lower levels.
  • I have zero control over what features are displayed
The big advantage for us is that roadways are emphasized.

I propose switching back. How do others feel?

I hadn't used my CHadeMO adapter in ages but it came in useful again on the Custer trip as I was able to use a fast charger not terribly far from my dad's house in Minnesota. Resharing Randy's link for finding it in the Tesla store.

View attachment 670332
Incidentally, Tesla's CHAdeMO adapter can get flashed with new software at Tesla Service Centers. I'm not certain how often the software gets upgrades.

Well...it's been a long time. A long time since I've read these forums, a long time since I've made a post, a long time since I've even read anything about Tesla, and a long time since I've visited a new charger. But yesterday I did take a long drive in order to make a short bike ride around Mackinac Island...thus getting Mackinaw City in the process.

1623115195812.png

It does look like the charging speed on my car got un-nerfed while I was in hibernation though. I don't ever recall seeing these speeds before... Not bad for a battery with almost 100k miles on it...though I'm still envious of the M3 that got there after me and left before me.

1623115502137.png

Not sure if this one charger means that I'm getting back into the full swing of things....nor how much time I'm going to invest trying to catch up on over a year's worth of posts that I missed. I am happy for all those who took advantage of my absence to jump ahead of me in the standings. Well done in that regard. Though I must say, I really don't like being in 13th place. Never been a big fan of that number...so someone else hurry up and pass me, or I might have to seriously consider my other options to get out of that spot. :)

Incidentally, Tesla's CHAdeMO adapter can get flashed with new software at Tesla Service Centers. I'm not certain how often the software gets upgrades.
It ALSO gets updated when plugged into your Tesla, like if you are charging using the adapter. If it BREAKS you can also take it to a service center and they can FORCE an update, but no need to take it in of there are no problems, it will get updated thru use.

• Informative
Reactions: Tdreamer and DavidB
It ALSO gets updated when plugged into your Tesla, like if you are charging using the adapter. If it BREAKS you can also take it to a service center and they can FORCE an update, but no need to take it in of there are no problems, it will get updated thru use.
Interesting. I bought Tesla's CHAdeMO adapter the first week it was offered. Since then, twice I've had to go to a Tesla Service Center to force an update because the charger wouldn't work with a "new" CHAdeMO charging station. Perhaps newer Tesla CHAdeMO adapters get updates more easily than my old adapter. Like @theflyer , I haven't used the adapter in ages; the Supercharger network is so much easier!

Reactions: Tdreamer
I managed to squeeze in two more Pittsburgh Superchargers this evening, June 7:

Cranberry Township
Franklin Park

Had a great dinner with Darren S and his dad followed by a pleasant time at his folks’ home with his mom joining the party. 🥃
It was great to finally meet you and your son in person, @cpa, and thanks so much for the entertaining stories and knowledge.

I forgot to get a picture but I can affirm to the group that you drove to and plugged in at the Cranberry charger. 😁 Thanks for embracing the tradition of enjoying a Primanti's sammich (for newcomers to town).

After dinner, I was able to do a tire rotation for cpa at my parents' place and then we enjoyed a few nightcaps.

Hopefully the rain holds off long enough tomorrow to let us catch some sights of town but looking forward to the day.

Attachments

• IMG_20210607_180614_Bokeh_copy_800x600.jpg
    IMG_20210607_180614_Bokeh_copy_800x600.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20210607_193740_copy_921x691.jpg
    IMG_20210607_193740_copy_921x691.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20210607_203424_copy_800x600.jpg
    IMG_20210607_203424_copy_800x600.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 50
Madness is taking its toll... way behind schedule today due to sleeping in, breakfast at a restaurant and a diversion to Mushroom Rock state park in Kansas. I almost skipped Wichita in favor of a more direct route... almost.

6/7:

887. Conifer, CO - Conifer Rd
888. Monument, CO
889. Wichita, KS

B2F080F2-5FDB-4984-B6ED-8066409AA5DD.jpeg
F114DD29-918B-4481-96D2-005A0A6C5E5C.jpeg
D5E8ADFD-6AAA-47AE-8782-4C3AEA370D1B.jpeg

Spent some time on I-70 traveling with the new owner of Tesla Inventory’s and @MorrisonHiker ’s gorgeous Model 3. Sunset in Salina.

Last edited:
SoS Trip resumed - Day 26

(after a week in Seattle).

977. Lacey, WA
978. Tumwater, WA
979. Kelso, WA
980. Vancouver - NE Vancouver Mall Dr, WA
981. Hillsboro, OR
982. Salem, OR

View attachment 670790View attachment 670791
You didn't hit the garage in downtown Seattle on your way out of town?

Also, how hard do you plan on going in CA. Looks like you have nearly a hundred unvisited there!

6/6:

775 miles today and we ended up near the Lakewood, CO Supercharger. We head across Kansas tomorrow.

878. Tremonton, UT
879. Salt Lake City, UT - South 300 West
880. Draper, UT
881. Evanston, WY
882. Rock Springs, WY
883. Rawlings, WY
884. Laramie, WY
885. Superior, CO - South Marshall Road
886. Brighton, CO
Tremonton still showing as unvisited on your map for some reason.

At least the newer cars have a watertight frunk. My 2013 Model S frunk always got damp when driving in rain.
When I finally got home from Custer I noted that when I opened my frunk to unpack the next morning, water came down from what appeared to be inside hood when I popped it. I think I opened the frunk once in that 14k mile trip - to get my winter jacket out on day one in Custer while at the CoC.

Direct links to your maps are back!!! If you've saved a bookmark, you need to update it as the URL structure changed. Parameters won't survive the redirect.

The easiest way to update your URL is to go to the Leaderboard view and click on your bar. That will spawn a new window directly to your map and the URL line will be your specific URL. Save (i.e. bookmark that URL)

Documentation:
The new base URL is: https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/don.burke/viz/MostSuperchargersVisited/Competitormaps
Append the parameter for your specific user id to this url: In my case, that would be: ?TMC%20Handle=theflyer
The result would be: https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/don.burke/viz/MostSuperchargersVisited/Competitormaps?TMC Handle=theflyer

You can still append other parameters, like to show locations under construction. Personally, I like to see locations that are under construction. After your handle, you'd add the following to see both Not Yet Visited and Construction: &Not%20visited%20status=Not%20Yet%20Visited,Construction

The result for my handle would be: https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/don.burke/viz/MostSuperchargersVisited/Competitormaps?TMC Handle=theflyer&Not visited status=Not Yet Visited,Construction

Happy hunting
As always, thanks is not enough to show our appreciation for the work put into supporting the game with these visualizations. I particularly appreciate this post and the reference to including under construction cones in the map via a default URL. VERY handy.

Thank U!

One at the Walt Whitman service area on the NJTP, the other a little closer to Philadelphia off Route 70.

Thanks! The one on 70 I've been to at least 3 times before it was powered on but I was somehow completely unaware of the NJTP being under construction and then opening.

I forgot to get a picture but I can affirm to the group that you drove to and plugged in at the Cranberry charger. 😁 Thanks for embracing the tradition of enjoying a Primanti's sammich (for newcomers to town).

On the final day of my return trip from Custer I texted a friend... "pain is stopping at this supercharger but not needing lunch" along with a photo that showed a Primanti's visible through the supercharger. (Grove City) I was so dang disappointed.

• Funny
Reactions: NKYTA
Quick long weekend trip from Tucson to Reno for grandkid graduations. Left a bit late so had to skip two I wanted in the L.A. area due to obscene traffic.

Beaumont, Hesperia and Bishop CA on June 3rd.
Las Vegas - Grand Central Parkway on June 7th.

49,000 miles on late 2019 Model X at this point. Some V3 charging stops peaked near 190 kW - but only for a few seconds...