Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the help of Tesla roadside assistance, I was able to get the car towed to the Eden Prairie Service Center yesterday morning. They were fortunately open, because they told me that the service center is normally closed on Saturday. Anyway, they set me up with a loaner, so I'm temporarily back in business.

My car was completely dead, neither the key fob or remote access would unlock it. They pulled the nosecone and provided external power, and were able to unlock the car so that I could transfer my stuff to the loaner. They'll look at it Monday.

@PLUS EV, @YYZ-IAD
I'm pretty sure that the drive unit failed. I was at about 15% SOC when it shutdown, and I don't think that had anything to do with it. The motor (2014 RWD Model S) had started the "whine" in July, and I had a service appointment scheduled before I left Portland. Unfortunately, despite scheduling the appointment in early September (for mid October), they did not receive the parts before I needed to leave on my trip. I never expected it to fail, obviously, but the noise was not subtle. About 4 miles before the car shutdown, I started hearing an extremely loud rumbling noise, like driving on grooved pavement. I was actually hoping that was all it was, even though I knew better. I was very lucky to make it to an exit before the car completely shutdown. I actually lost power about 1/2 mile from the exit, but momentum and gravity were my friends.

New ones with the loaner:

#243, 11/06/21, St Louis Park, MN
#244, 11/06/21, Minnetonka, MN
#245, 11/06/21, Robbinsdale, MN
#246, 11/06/21, Minneapolis, MN
#247, 11/06/21, Oakdale, MN

6 November 2021, continued:

286. Manteca, CA - Spreckles Avenue
287. Manteca, CA - Perimeter Drive
288. Dublin, CA - Dublin Boulevard
289. Dublin, CA - Amador Plaza
290. Pleasanton, CA - Johnson Drive
291. Livermore, CA

7 November 2021:

292. Fremont, CA - 39201 Fremont Blvd

More adventure than I'd like last night when I hit a piece of furniture (?) that had fallen off a vehicle on I-205 near I-5. At freeway speed. In the dark. Not sure what it was, just that it was big, light blue and bouncing. Thought I had destroyed my nose cone but the only damage I can see is that my clear license plate cover is shattered. Later I had to brake for a deer in Livermore. I was fortunate that I was going slowly and there were no other cars blinding me with headlights, so I was able to stop in time. Are all the deer here fawns or are they just small? Haven't seen a normal sized one yet.

This is a dangerous game!

291. Livermore, CA

7 November 2021:

More adventure than I'd like last night when I hit a piece of furniture (?) that had fallen off a vehicle on I-205 near I-5. At freeway speed. In the dark. Not sure what it was, just that it was big, light blue and bouncing. Thought I had destroyed my nose cone but the only damage I can see is that my clear license plate cover is shattered. Later I had to brake for a deer in Livermore. I was fortunate that I was going slowly and there were no other cars blinding me with headlights, so I was able to stop in time. Are all the deer here fawns or are they just small? Haven't seen a normal sized one yet.

Damn, Out of nowhere you're going to slide right into that #30 to 300 position. Stay safe up there!

291. Livermore, CA

7 November 2021:

@dgpcolorado : You already had visited Manteca, CA - Perimeter Drive back in 2018 according to the spreadsheet, so your count is one less than you thought.

Anyway, congratulations on having a very productive trip - you're gorging on Superchargers!

@Polly Wog
Did you get a warning that the car was shutting down? Could be a bad module. DU shouldn’t have killed the 12V.
12 volt could have been weak when the car killed the high voltage due to the drive unit failure. The 12 volt batteries are pretty small for all of the electronics the need to run and they won't keep things running for very long.

@Polly Wog
Did you get a warning that the car was shutting down? Could be a bad module. DU shouldn’t have killed the 12V.
I agree that the DU shouldn't have killed the 12V, but that rumbling noise was definitely not the battery. I was secretly hoping that the battery would fail before my warranty expires in March, but not on this trip! I guess I'll know more next week. I'll be sure to post an update. :)

@dgpcolorado : You already had visited Manteca, CA - Perimeter Drive back in 2018 according to the spreadsheet, so your count is one less than you thought.

Anyway, congratulations on having a very productive trip - you're gorging on Superchargers!
I thought I had visited that one years ago but it showed on my Tableau map as unvisited so I hit it anyway. Thanks for the update.

7 November 2021, continued:
(modified numbers)

292. Newark, CA
293. Fremont, CA - Pacific Commons Boulevard
294. Fremont, CA

20211107_090328~2.jpg

295. Milpitas, CA
296. Milpitas, CA - Great Mall
297. San Jose, CA - Holger Way
298. Santa Clara, CA
299. San Jose, CA - Coleman Avenue
300. San Jose, CA - Santana Row

20211107_105534~2.jpg

^ My number 300: San Jose, CA - Santana Row. As before with 100 and 200, I presume that I am the only short range, very slow Supercharging S-60 driver who has managed it!

^ My number 300: San Jose, CA - Santana Row. As before with 100 and 200, I presume that I am the only short range, very slow Supercharging S-60 driver who has managed it!

Wow congrats! That’s quite amazing. If you’re still at Santana Row remember to go downstairs and hit up the Superchargers in the valet lot, that counts as another site. There’s a driveway entrance (no access control I know of) from one of the streets (Tatum Ln.?).

Bruce.

Wow congrats! That’s quite amazing. If you’re still at Santana Row remember to go downstairs and hit up the Superchargers in the valet lot, that counts as another site. There’s a driveway entrance (no access control I know of) from one of the streets (Tatum Ln.?).

Bruce.

There are two Supercharges on that system that are in the garage immediately above the valet lot ... makes it possible to claim this location without hassling with the valet.

• Informative
Reactions: bmah
I thought I had visited that one years ago but it showed on my Tableau map as unvisited so I hit it anyway. Thanks for the update.

7 November 2021, continued:
(modified numbers)

292. Newark, CA
293. Fremont, CA - Pacific Commons Boulevard
294. Fremont, CA

View attachment 730383

295. Milpitas, CA
296. Milpitas, CA - Great Mall
297. San Jose, CA - Holger Way
298. Santa Clara, CA
299. San Jose, CA - Coleman Avenue
300. San Jose, CA - Santana Row

View attachment 730384

Congrats! Big accomplishment in an S-60. :cool:

After this weekend trip to Brugge, a small nice town in Belgium, my wife said to me: I always thought you were crazy, now I know for sure.
On the way to Brugge I just stopped at Meerkerk for a quick check if there were other cars charging but no and I stopped at Oosterhout so I could park in Brugge with a decent SOC for the weekend.
Today we drove back, so I charged a little to get to Middelburg. We had lunch there so it was a 66 kWh charge and then did 2 stops at Rijswijk and Sassenheim (these 3 were the last new Suc's in The Netherlands for this competition). I wanted to stop at Badhoevedorp but the looks off my wife stopped that. 🤔

I didn't see any other brand cars charging at Tesla Suc's yet.

With the help of Tesla roadside assistance, I was able to get the car towed to the Eden Prairie Service Center yesterday morning. They were fortunately open, because they told me that the service center is normally closed on Saturday. Anyway, they set me up with a loaner, so I'm temporarily back in business.

My car was completely dead, neither the key fob or remote access would unlock it. They pulled the nosecone and provided external power, and were able to unlock the car so that I could transfer my stuff to the loaner. They'll look at it Monday.

@PLUS EV, @YYZ-IAD
I'm pretty sure that the drive unit failed. I was at about 15% SOC when it shutdown, and I don't think that had anything to do with it. The motor (2014 RWD Model S) had started the "whine" in July, and I had a service appointment scheduled before I left Portland. Unfortunately, despite scheduling the appointment in early September (for mid October), they did not receive the parts before I needed to leave on my trip. I never expected it to fail, obviously, but the noise was not subtle. About 4 miles before the car shutdown, I started hearing an extremely loud rumbling noise, like driving on grooved pavement. I was actually hoping that was all it was, even though I knew better. I was very lucky to make it to an exit before the car completely shutdown. I actually lost power about 1/2 mile from the exit, but momentum and gravity were my friends.

New ones with the loaner:

#243, 11/06/21, St Louis Park, MN
#244, 11/06/21, Minnetonka, MN
#245, 11/06/21, Robbinsdale, MN
#246, 11/06/21, Minneapolis, MN
#247, 11/06/21, Oakdale, MN
That all sounds like a giant bummer. Hopefully they can fix it while you pick up area superchargers in the loaner :)

Thanks for the detailed report. One more question though... when did the car brick? It would be difficult to tow a bricked car, but maybe it didn't brick until you got to the service center? With 15% SOC, I'm surprised it bricked (assuming it wasn't actually a battery problem).

Reactions: NKYTA

291. Livermore, CA

7 November 2021:

I've never seen a deer on the interstate that close into the Bay Area, so that is pretty strange. I can imagine how there would probably be some up near Altamont Pass, but I've never seen them.

In my ICE days I once had a very large saw horse "jump" out of the pickup truck in front of me in southern Idaho going 85mph. I was able to avoid it, but obviously wasn't happy about it. Also suffered a blowout in rural Montana in my first Model S when I hit a 2x4 at 90mph. That wasn't fun either.

That all sounds like a giant bummer. Hopefully they can fix it while you pick up area superchargers in the loaner :)

Thanks for the detailed report. One more question though... when did the car brick? It would be difficult to tow a bricked car, but maybe it didn't brick until you got to the service center? With 15% SOC, I'm surprised it bricked (assuming it wasn't actually a battery problem).

Depending on the method of failure of the drive unit, the car will isolate HV for safety, leaving you with just the 12 volt, which doesn’t last long. Even if your HV battery is fully charged, a drive unit failure can put it into HV protection mode.

Last edited:

The car broke down around 3:30 pm local time. My Uber (another long story) arrived at 6:30 pm. The IC and MCU shut off around 4 pm, but the key fob still worked when the Uber arrived. The tow truck driver (awesome young man, by the way) expected it to be dead, and used skates to put it on the flatbed. He actually called me ahead of time and said that I didn’t need to be there, and picked me up at the hotel after he had it on the flatbed. I tried the key fob at the time he arrived at the hotel, and that’s when I knew it was completely dead. Although a very unpleasant thing to have happen, the people who helped me through it were all AMAZING, and I feel very fortunate.

291. Livermore, CA

7 November 2021:

More adventure than I'd like last night when I hit a piece of furniture (?) that had fallen off a vehicle on I-205 near I-5. At freeway speed. In the dark. Not sure what it was, just that it was big, light blue and bouncing. Thought I had destroyed my nose cone but the only damage I can see is that my clear license plate cover is shattered. Later I had to brake for a deer in Livermore. I was fortunate that I was going slowly and there were no other cars blinding me with headlights, so I was able to stop in time. Are
The car broke down around 3:30 pm local time. My Uber (another long story) arrived at 6:30 pm. The IC and MCU shut off around 4 pm, but the key fob still worked when the Uber arrived. The tow truck driver (awesome young man, by the way) expected it to be dead, and used skates to put it on the flatbed. He actually called me ahead of time and said that I didn’t need to be there, and picked me up at the hotel after he had it on the flatbed. I tried the key fob at the time he arrived at the hotel, and that’s when I knew it was completely dead. Although a very unpleasant thing to have happen, the people who helped me through it were all AMAZING, and I feel very fortunate.
im
@Polly Wog ouch.
ll the deer here fawns or are they just small? Haven't seen a normal sized one yet.