Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
News today: government will require Tesla to open up its SC network for sales subsidies to continue. Chargers will get more full.
I don't think that's quite right. Tesla does not receive any subsidies ATM for its charging infrastructure. The infrastructure law has provisions to help charging providers build out their networks, but they must be open for all vehicles to use (i.e. CCS) and they must be within certain distances of the highway, or, I believe, support disadvantaged communities. Tesla doesn't meet any of those criteria today, so I don't think they'd qualify at all. Each state will determine who gets the funds within their states.

My understanding of the meeting was that the Administration was asking Tesla to open the network to get funds, but I think that it just reinforced the existing law. It also seems Tesla was very non-commital in response. I the phrase i saw in the article I read was: "we're open to the idea but can't make any commitments."

The existing public CCS network is an abject failure, and I don't see a path to it being fixed for years. Tesla is the only hope for the near term. It is such a powerful moat that I don't know if Tesla will follow through and open it up, despite doing so advancing their stated mission.

There are several variations of the story out there regarding pressure for Tesla to open up its network. Originates from Reuters. I can't vouch for accuracy of any of this.

Last edited:
Reactions: theflyer
Check-in: Brantford ON (1st to check-in)

Brantford is where Wayne Gretzky grew up and learned to skate on the backyard rink built by Canada's hockey dad, Walter Gretzky.

Road in background is Wayne Gretzky Parkway. Pretty cool, eh?

IMG_2211.jpg

Also couldn’t they open them with outrageous rates such that the practical impact on existing owners will be minimal? Then use those rates to expand sites and build new ones.

Making the cost prohibitive or undesirably high seems like it would defeat the purpose of opening the network to other EVs. Tesla is already flush with cash, so I have a hard time believing that more charging revenue will accelerate the buildout.

Reactions: NKYTA
Also couldn’t they open them with outrageous rates such that the practical impact on existing owners will be minimal? Then use those rates to expand sites and build new ones.

I think that would be a legal question that would hinge on the statute or regulations implementing the statute. All things being equal (and we all know they seldom are), a modest difference, say 20% likely would be OK. After all, we owners more or less have subsidized the infrastructure through our purchases. Tesla probably has a pretty good idea that for every X vehicles sold, that they need to build Y Superchargers throughout the country.

But to charge others double the Tesla rate might be considered to be outside the spirit and parameters of the law. I would think that a sensible approach in selected locations would be to have Tesla augment existing sites with all connectors. Perhaps taking a 12-stall set up and adding 8 stalls with both connectors if it is possible with the landlord and utility. EVGO now has stalls that have the Tesla connector. The design would have to change, but if EVGO can do it, so can Tesla.

News today: government will require Tesla to open up its SC network for sales subsidies to continue. Chargers will get more full.
You said Sales Subsidies, not Construction Subsidies, totally made me think they were taking away the $7500 from each Tesla sale. The linked article above makes it clear it's talking about Tesla having to provide CCS at stations covered by Construction Subsidies, although many have pointed out that they could simply provide 4 Charge Point machines and still get enough subsidies to build a 12 point Supercharger as well.

And if they use the model the rest of the charging networks are followed they could simply allow those chargers to break and never receive any further support.

I think [...] to charge others double the Tesla rate might be considered to be outside the spirit and parameters of the law.
If they are opening the Supercharger network to other cars they can charge them whatever they want. Rivian has proved that you can open chargers and NOT provide equal access. If they are opening the network because the government is paying the bill than no, that would be wrong. But if they just used some ChargePoint stalls (as above) they could at least keep the riffraff away from the Superchargers.

Didn't the Supreme Court say Separate but Equal is OK?

Reactions: lensovet
I finally got on a road trip and figured out how to use the supercharging.life feature to check-in based on my GPS location on my iPhone.

To catch up from my last posting, and to record a first at Lamont FL today (02/13/2023 and BTW my wife's and my 52nd wedding anniversary today):

Feb 3rd:
569: Johnson City TX
570: Austin - Brodie TX
571: Austin - S Lamar TX
572: Round Rock TX
573: Hutto TX

Feb 4th:
574: Cedar Park TX

Feb 5th:
575: Austin - S Congress TX (parking here is $10/hr or fraction - plus tax!)

Feb 6th:
576: Austin - Century Oaks TX
577: Austin - FM969 TX (entrance to Texas Gigafactory is here)
578: Del Valle TX
579: Bastrop TX
580: Katy - Freeway TX
581: Houston - Piping Rock TX
582: Houston - 9633 Westheimer TX
583: Houston - Westheimer TX
584: Houston - W Alabama St TX
585: Baytown TX
586: Beaumont TX
587: Iowa - Henry's LA

Feb 7th:
588: Baton Rouge - Airline Hwy LA (Is this a first?)
589: Covington LA
590: D'Iberville MS
591: Robertsdale LA
592: Crestview FL
593: Marianna FL

Feb 13th:
594: Perry FL
595: Madison FL
596: Lamont FL (I believe this is a first)

Whew! Staying at Alligator Point and hoping the Crawfordsville FL Supercharger will be complete by next Monday when we start for home (Tucson).

Interesting driving day, rain all morning in Phoenix (first time I've ever seen that) and then periods of snow all the way from Tucson to Demming NM (sure wasn't expecting that and wasn't in the forecast). Also had my longest wait for a spot because of all the Hertz rental cars from Sky Harbor Airport at the Tempe Supercharger.

Check-ins for 2023-02-13
- Yuma - S Fortuna Rd, AZ (#1251)
- Glendale, AZ (#1252)
- Phoenix - N 19th Ave, AZ (#1253)
- Phoenix - E Mayo Blvd, AZ (#1254)
- Scottsdale - E Shea Blvd, AZ (#1255)
- Mesa, AZ (#1256)
- Tempe, AZ (#1257)
- Tucson - W River Rd, AZ (#1258)

On my way home with a new-to-me battery. First in Frisco - 22 hours left for anyone interested. On to Houston later today hoping to get a new 12v battery. Things come in threes - might pick up an extra fob battery just in case.

Check-ins for 2023-02-13
- San Antonio - N Loop 1604 E, TX (#947)
- New Braunfels, TX (#948)
- Austin - Frontage Rd, TX (#949)
- Austin - S Lamar Blvd, TX (#950)
- West Lake Hills, TX (#951)
- Bee Cave, TX (#952)
- Austin - 5601 Brodie Ln, TX (#953)
- Bastrop, TX (#954)
- Del Valle, TX (#955)
- Austin - FM 969, TX (#956)
- Hutto, TX (#957)
- Cedar Park, TX (#958)
- Temple, TX (#959)
- Red Oak, TX (#960)

Check-ins for 2023-02-14
- North Richland Hills, TX (#961)
- Frisco - Preston Road, TX (#962) (First to check-in)

I've created a new Tableau site focused on the supercharger network
Looks good, first comment is, do you have the data on board to break out the month by month increases? The year by year charger totals are great but it's hard to compare LAST February to this one. If you don't have the data, obvs, don't put any work into it, just thought it might be an interest visualization. See how the cold months slow construction or at least in the cold states.

BTW my wife's and my 52nd wedding anniversary today
The day before Valentine's Day? You'll not have any energy left to celebrate VD.

My wife was smart, she wanted to make sure I never forgot ours so we are two days after VD so I can see everyone being romantic and then run out and buy flowers for our anniversary at a steep discount. That last bit was my genius comment. I'm a catch!

Looks good, first comment is, do you have the data on board to break out the month by month increases? The year by year charger totals are great but it's hard to compare LAST February to this one. If you don't have the data, obvs, don't put any work into it, just thought it might be an interest visualization. See how the cold months slow construction or at least in the cold states.
Yep, down to the day level. I'll take a stab at coming up with an interesting viz in the coming days.

Reactions: NKYTA