Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging.Life database

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was suggesting (assuming you are asking me) that the app be re-wrote a bit to work with Fastchargers.info for the Rate My Charge hashtag that is gaining ground. Currently it's a Twitter thing where you send a video talking about any challenges or successes, but they are trying to gather info and are consequently looking to write an app.

I would think if you are looking to collect info you will avoid things like videos and comments and simply have a check in, probably kinda like Plugshare, but outside corporate auspices. Click here to check in Yes I charged, or No I failed to charge

Not that I am associated with Rate My Charge, but I use it and this app and saw the synergy.
There is definitely synergy, but I don't think it is feasible for the reasons listed above by @aNullValue and @Big Earl. I'd be hesitant to advocate just give the code to Kyle and Branden as I think they will try to make a business out of RateMyCharge, so they should cover those costs themselves.

Reactions: israndy
We are working on updating "badges" on the Leaderboard view and should have it completed in the next week or so.

We have eliminated a few that were redundant to stats easily attainable from the website:
Global Leader
US/Canada Leader
Most Current Quarter
Top Charger XXXX where XXXX is the current year. We will continue to award Top Charger YYYY for prior years.

Here are the badges being awarded - if we missed some, let us know!

NKYTAAll Lower 48 States Visited
NKYTAMost in Calendar Quarter: 412
GHammerAll Lower 48 States Visited
David99Most in Calendar Year: 787
ThinkjeJames Place Inn

We are working on updating "badges" on the Leaderboard view and should have it completed in the next week or so.

We have eliminated a few that were redundant to stats easily attainable from the website:
Global Leader
US/Canada Leader
Most Current Quarter
Top Charger XXXX where XXXX is the current year. We will continue to award Top Charger YYYY for prior years.

Here are the badges being awarded - if we missed some, let us know!

NKYTAAll Lower 48 States Visited
NKYTAMost in Calendar Quarter: 412
GHammerAll Lower 48 States Visited
David99Most in Calendar Year: 787
ThinkjeJames Place Inn
James Place for me also, October of 2022.

Any thoughts on automating at least some of them?
Yes, but low on the priority list. The "region" and "period" tables are pretty good at getting any type of ranking you are interested in, and the counts in the leaderboard are automated (YTD, QTD, states visited, etc).

Will probably give admins ability to edit badges first - the supercharging.life site automates most of what the admins used to do, so they have plenty of time now. :)

• Funny
Reactions: NKYTA and KJD
Quick question from the Chamber of Ignorance:

Why is it that once I login either on my laptop or on my phone or in the car that a day or two later my info is dead. I have to logout then login again. That seems peculiar to a charter resident in the C of I.

:)

Quick question from the Chamber of Ignorance:

Why is it that once I login either on my laptop or on my phone or in the car that a day or two later my info is dead. I have to logout then login again. That seems peculiar to a charter resident in the C of I.

:)
It intentionally times out after one week. It's a security thing. Have you had this happen in less than a week between uses?

• Informative
Reactions: Bighorn
Even the Tesla login doesn't time out this fast. I am on a road trip using it several times an hour and it STILL timed out between stops. That seems a lot over the top.

Although if you are using Google to log you in I guess you don't have control over it, hate those guys

It intentionally times out after one week. It's a security thing. Have you had this happen in less than a week between uses?
I cannot say honestly. I think so. If my addled brain remembers, generally it is good for 2-4 days before I have to do the log out dance and then log back in.

Does it matter if I switch from my home wireless internet to using my cell phone carrier's access when I am not at home?

Even the Tesla login doesn't time out this fast. I am on a road trip using it several times an hour and it STILL timed out between stops. That seems a lot over the top.

Although if you are using Google to log you in I guess you don't have control over it, hate those guys
Are you by chance using Safari on macOS/iOS/iPadOS? In recent versions of their OS, Apple has added some pretty strict timeouts for cookies to reduce ad tracking. I thought it was more along the lines of two days when I would have to login again on supercharging.life though. Definitely not multiple times in an hour.

I reached out to the maintainers of Supercharging.life because I was interested in building out a native mobile app for it. I feel like some of these issues could be overcome with something native, and it could benefit from things like location services, native maps, etc.

I reached out to the maintainers of Supercharging.life because I was interested in building out a native mobile app for it. I feel like some of these issues could be overcome with something native, and it could benefit from things like location services, native maps, etc.
I too desired to make a Flutter-based frontend to SC.life (in my copious amounts of free time around a newborn... \s), but sadly there is no API layer to hook into last I knew. The website is written in PHP with direct calls to the database.