Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Survey: is the model Y the “perfect” all around EV?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
sounds about right, that’s 83% of 80 (66.4 kWh). /200 and your looking at 332 whr/mile. Def expected when going 90. When on the highway, with my MYP, I tend to keep it at 75 and draft (not too close) when I can find a semi going 75+, it keeps my average around 280-290whr/m. Also, I have the 21” wheels fyi.
yeah, if you're going to drive like a maniac and go 90 MPH with kids in the car don't expect your battery (or gasoline) to last long.
As a street race car driver
😎
, 0-60 performance is all that matters.
This quote is rather telling, too.

yeah, if you're going to drive like a maniac and go 90 MPH with kids in the car don't expect your battery (or gasoline) to last long.

This quote is rather telling, too.
When everyone else is going around 90 or more around you on the straight interstate with less than 2-3 cars around you, I don't think that will make you "maniac".
If you are going 25-30 mph and weaving through the traffic around you, that will make you the "maniac".

Reactions: dino007
Just charged my MYP (5,000 miles) to max in anticipation of the hurricane. Not sure why it only charges to a max of 289, when it should be 303. Are they counting the past zero miles in the battery. Anyone else with similar experience?

Had my Model Y Performance for a few months now and it is not perfect but is very very good. It is our primary vehicle and we love it, but if I could only have one vehicle then it would probably be my Toyota 4Runner. The 4Runner is very old school, but has more storage capacity and way more versatility. Downsides are it handles like a truck and gets mediocre gas mileage. Since getting the Model Y the 4Runner mostly stays parked. I installed a front camera on my 2021 4Runner which integrated very nicely into the system. That makes it easier than the Model Y for seeing obstacles in front of the vehicle. Strange that with all the sensors and cameras on the Y, in that one way my 4Runner is better. I really wish that Tesla would do a 360 view, but still might not be precise for front proximity. Not really a Y issue there. Other than that the Y is vastly superior with all the cameras, and the auto pilot is nice. I also got the FSD and that is still very very beta and kind of scary at times. So the Y is close to perfect but not quite.