Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension Problem on Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I give up and I am wrong. Tesla doesn't need to grow up. Just stay as is. Perfect and flawless.
Without checking on the facts, none of those are happening and true in fact. Even when I know I have a double vision windshield, I am wrong and I am dreaming.
If anyone can show me how to delete the thread, I will.
If anyone can show me how to un-purchase a Tesla, even better. Indeed, I am wrong.
Have a great weekend!
Peace and out!

There is an entire thread that discusses the issues on the suspension and NDA: Suspension Problem on Model S

It's already up to 38 pages, a few more posts won't hurt a bit.

As for Tesla, they are working very hard on growing up. It's not easy, especially under this much scrutiny and with the whole trying to disrupt/change the world thing too.

They definitely have issues, but in this particular case, there is definitely more to the story. Tesla is pretty much in the right on the suspension/NDA thing if they really didn't mean to block reporting to NHTSA. And they fixed it.

As for the Model X, well, hopefully they are making it right with everyone now.

However, I don't think the OP is really the thing Tesla took exception with, but rather the Daily Kanban article as a whole and the accusation that Tesla was doing a cover-up. Not seeing the point in trying to over-analyze the OP's situation.

At this point, I think you cannot separate the two, since the DK article is a distillation of the liberties the OP took from the circumstances of the car repair to the goodwill agreement to his communication with the NHTSA. A bit more truthiness and there would be no DK article.

How long to think it will take to go from the NTSHA website to here?
A few months at least (and only if it pertains to an issue that hits the media), if ever. No one here monitors NHTSA complaints regularly and then posts here. I browsed the complaints a bit, and other than the spam complaints that the "loose wheel"/lucille guy posted, there are plenty of complaints there I have never seen discussed in this forum (and probably will never be discussed).

Heck, even for OP's complaint, no one here knew about it for 2 weeks and we only found out after the OP said he posted a complaint.

The X has some real QC and software issues. Even Mr. Musk acknowledged them. As for the S, my (cursory) understanding is that the car was out of warranty, had a serious breakdown from a failed component that should have been caught at the Service Center but wasn't, and the company agreed to take care of the gentleman anyway. In return, no doubt to avoid an avalanche of "me toos!" on out-of-warranty freebies, they asked him to keep his mouth shut.
Which he did not.
Since then, Tesla has amended its policies to explicitly allow, even encourage, reporting safety issues to the appropriate agencies.
IMHO, the only thing the Model S owner should have said after his car was fixed was "Thank you."
Robin

Reactions: roblab
It creates a conflict balancing the desire for an individual to save money at the expense of withholding information that can effect public safety.
Well, Tesla disputed that the previous NDA had owners withhold information from the NHTSA, and with the added clarification about NHTSA complaints, that concern should be gone (not that it was even a factor in the first place given the OP's complaint to NHTSA). It's pretty clear Tesla will continue to use NDAs for goodwill fixes to protect themselves from liability.

Well, Tesla disputed that the previous NDA had owners withhold information from the NHTSA, and with the added clarification about NHTSA complaints, that concern should be gone (not that it was even a factor in the first place given the OP's complaint to NHTSA). It's pretty clear Tesla will continue to use NDAs for goodwill fixes to protect themselves from liability.

Agreed, I was just responding to the previous poster as to why it shouldn't be allowed, not that Tesla had actually done so.

• Love
Reactions: CatB
I would LOVE to see pictures of where the car was picked up by the tow trucks. I'm imaging the Op driving on a jeep path deep into the bush with his mushrooming gear.

I would also like to know more about why it took TWO tow trucks? Did the first one pull up and just say no f'ng way and call in his buddy with the winch and off road gear? If that is the case it is borderline comedic to try and claim this under warranty.

maddmax.jpg

I would LOVE to see pictures of where the car was picked up by the tow trucks. I'm imaging the Op driving on a jeep path deep into the bush with his mushrooming gear.

I would also like to know more about why it took TWO tow trucks? Did the first one pull up and just say no f'ng way and call in his buddy with the winch and off road gear? If that is the case it is borderline comedic to try and claim this under warranty.
I think the most logical is a truck to pull him out into the paved road and then the car was loaded onto a flatbed truck.

Not if Tesla determined the car was at fault, replaced the car with an NDA. Who'd know? Not saying it has happened, let's wait for the investigation

They would never be stupid enough to even attempt to do this. It's obviously illegal: you pay for the repair in return for the customer promising not to tell the authorities. That's withholding critical safety information from the authorities. If they tried this I'd think at least 10% if not 50% of Tesla owners (smart people in general) would see this and react by reporting it to the authorities.

Edit: after going back reading I could see that @bonnie already posted more or less this exact opinion/post earlier in the thread, so: what she said.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: TaoJones
Via @elonmusk:

NHTSA confirmed today that they found no safety concern with the Model S suspension and have no further need for data from us on this matter.

AND

Of greater concern: 37 of 40 suspension complaints to NHTSA were fraudulent, i.e. false location or vehicle identification numbers were used

Well, geeWhiz...imagine that. *rolls eyes*

I think a number of posters in this thread should acknowledge this new information, and also their attempts at subverting the truth. You know who you are...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.