Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

T Sportline 19s on a P3D+ rattling like crazy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my modified 20" wheels back today from Tsportline, will get them mounted next week heres the before and after picsView attachment 335027View attachment 335028

Glad you received your modified wheels... I find it appalling that Tsportline did not provide the correct wheels originally.
A few on this forum received the wrong wheels and they damaged the hub and studs when they tried to mount them.

Reactions: pow216
Got my modified 20" wheels back today from Tsportline, will get them mounted next week heres the before and after pics

interesting, my 19s look slightly different. (silver center = old/didn't fit, black center = new/hopefully fits :) )

IMG_0514.jpg
IMG_0515.jpg
IMG_0516.jpg
IMG_0518.jpg

Another difference is in the channels/grooves that help any water to drain out. The 19’s have channels that aren’t as deep and don’t extend all the way to the center. I’ve circled them in red. It seems like all OEM rims have these, but not all aftermarket rims have them. Whenever I’ve removed wheels that don’t have the grooves.....I’ve noticed they tend to collect water and moisture in the center hub...and over time caused rusty hubs. With the 19’s, this would probably be the case. Might not be that big a deal....but It’s a small detail I’ve noticed. It also seems like the tst wheels have these grooves but the M3115’s don’t at all.

0DDA5826-08E9-4A9A-B674-44B0CCF90B9C.jpeg
1D9202EF-5BE1-4900-AAF2-582BA5542238.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
I got my glossy black 19” TST wheels today for my P3D+. See photos. Wheels have been modified to accommodate the lip. This is for winter and bought ‘em with the tires. Can’t wait to put them in a couple of months.

Attachments

• 7B28F378-43CD-4AE0-AE8D-F143913C9A60.jpeg
    7B28F378-43CD-4AE0-AE8D-F143913C9A60.jpeg
    493.2 KB · Views: 158
  • 232B89F8-F839-4E7C-9D88-09468AA0BD54.jpeg
    232B89F8-F839-4E7C-9D88-09468AA0BD54.jpeg
    375.3 KB · Views: 161
  • 9A42F9DA-75A9-42BB-BB8C-7CC7540C187B.jpeg
    9A42F9DA-75A9-42BB-BB8C-7CC7540C187B.jpeg
    514.2 KB · Views: 157
Reactions: hoang51
Hmmm... My 18" TST wheels for P3D+ has the 3mm lip but not those grooves.... Will it be an issue? See video here:

It’s Interesting that between the 18”-20” that there are differences in the grooves...with the 18” not even having them at all. Some people wouldn’t even pick up on it when choosing/going aftermarket. It won’t affect fitment. But I’ve always ran an aftermarket wheel on all my cars the past 20yrs. In my experience the ones that didn’t have that groove ALWAYS had moisture built up in the hub whenever I took the wheel off before rotating, doing work, switching to winters etc.. Whenever running oem or aftermarket wheels that had the grooves....I didn’t notice the same buildup of water/moisture...probably because there is space for it to escape? Some cars where more resistant to rust than others.

Maybe @Tsportline can comment on the variability between the wheels being posted?

• Informative
Reactions: hoang51
Hello, first time poster here. I came across this page as I have a problem with newly-mounted TSportline 20" rims, on a standard-everything Model 3. There was a rattling / vibration immediately after install, and I don't know what the problem is. I sent the below email to TSportline. Any advice / recommendations as to (1) the source of the problem, and (2) the best resolution would be much appreciated. Unfortunately I sold my stock rims / tires as soon as I swapped them, but on the other

I purchased a set of 4 TSS flow forged tesla wheels, ORDER #106427. I purchased these before I actually took delivery of my new car, and finally had these mounted (with a set of new Toyo brand tires) just 1.5 weeks ago, on Monday July 8th.

I immediately noticed a minor friction / shaking-like sensation on the way home. I do not drive to work, barely drive in general, but drove it on the freeway last weekend, and at the higher speed I noticed much more pronounced this vibration / shaking sensation. I brought it back to the tire shop (NTB national tire & battery), and their expert reported a bent in two of the four wheels. They reported the bents are noticeable when the wheels are on the balancing machine. Please see attached notes / receipt from the NTB national tire shop describing the issue, they emphasized their willingness to explain their observations to the manufacturer regarding the bent, if need be.

In any event, they re-balanced all four wheels. I drove off this afternoon, and immediately notice this shaking / vibration problem is persisting. The tires are brand new Toyo brand tires, and I confirmed with NTB tire that they mounted the wheels with the recommended higher ft-lb torque (they said 129 ft-lb torque was used in mounting). Based on the above, I am of the belief these two of the four wheels are defective. To reiterate, (1) I observed the vibration immediately after the wheels were mounted, (2) I can document if need be the very limited number of miles driven between the 7/8 (original mounting) and 7/19 (re-balancing / inspection of wheel bent), and (3) the inspection of the wheels (if needed) will verify there are no cosmetic damage to the exterior of the wheels.

• Informative
Hello, first time poster here. I came across this page as I have a problem with newly-mounted TSportline 20" rims, on a standard-everything Model 3. There was a rattling / vibration immediately after install, and I don't know what the problem is. I sent the below email to TSportline. Any advice / recommendations as to (1) the source of the problem, and (2) the best resolution would be much appreciated. Unfortunately I sold my stock rims / tires as soon as I swapped them, but on the other

I purchased a set of 4 TSS flow forged tesla wheels, ORDER #106427. I purchased these before I actually took delivery of my new car, and finally had these mounted (with a set of new Toyo brand tires) just 1.5 weeks ago, on Monday July 8th.

I immediately noticed a minor friction / shaking-like sensation on the way home. I do not drive to work, barely drive in general, but drove it on the freeway last weekend, and at the higher speed I noticed much more pronounced this vibration / shaking sensation. I brought it back to the tire shop (NTB national tire & battery), and their expert reported a bent in two of the four wheels. They reported the bents are noticeable when the wheels are on the balancing machine. Please see attached notes / receipt from the NTB national tire shop describing the issue, they emphasized their willingness to explain their observations to the manufacturer regarding the bent, if need be.

In any event, they re-balanced all four wheels. I drove off this afternoon, and immediately notice this shaking / vibration problem is persisting. The tires are brand new Toyo brand tires, and I confirmed with NTB tire that they mounted the wheels with the recommended higher ft-lb torque (they said 129 ft-lb torque was used in mounting). Based on the above, I am of the belief these two of the four wheels are defective. To reiterate, (1) I observed the vibration immediately after the wheels were mounted, (2) I can document if need be the very limited number of miles driven between the 7/8 (original mounting) and 7/19 (re-balancing / inspection of wheel bent), and (3) the inspection of the wheels (if needed) will verify there are no cosmetic damage to the exterior of the wheels.

contact Tsport immediately, they may tell you the wheels you bought are for Performance models only. standard/SR+/DM are different than performance wheel hub fitment.

• Funny
contact Tsport immediately, they may tell you the wheels you bought are for Performance models only. standard/SR+/DM are different than performance wheel hub fitment.

While it may be true that they were made for the performance hub, they should still work with the non-performance hub. It's when the situation is reversed that there's likely to be a problem (non-performance compatible wheel going on a performance hub).

Reactions: pow216 and Watts_Up
Thanks all. I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with the President of TSportline (Elie?). It was very frustrating because his objective was to impress upon me that it is impossible that a bent rim would have been shipped to me. He alternated between stating a willingness to inspect the rims (shipping cost to me) or photos / evidence showing the condition to determine they are covered under warranty, and also stating that if they are bent I would have to pay for new wheels plus the shipping cost for them to sent back the damaged wheels.

The bent(s) issue is troubling, but I'm wondering whether this may be the source of the vibration problem. His recommendation was to bring it to another tire shop to get a second opinion as to the source of the vibration. My foremost concern is to resolve the problem. Does anyone have a recommendation as to where I could get a second opinion (mounting, balancing, testing) in Washington DC, preferably close to downtown?

For additional context -- What I purchased was here (the single-motor RWD version) Tesla Model 3 20