Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taptes new wireless charging pad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you didn’t see I mentioned it earlier, just flip the Tesla pad back to back with the TapTes and you can easily align where the pads should go.
I ended up putting the pads into the holes (with a small piece of paper in each hole to raise them a little) and placed the taptes in place. they all stuck to the bottom and it sits in there securely now. I'm thinking of tapering the top of the pad a bit and securing the cables behind the tray with a cable tie to completely secure it though.

Reactions: whatthe2
I ended up putting the pads into the holes (with a small piece of paper in each hole to raise them a little) and placed the taptes in place. they all stuck to the bottom and it sits in there securely now. I'm thinking of tapering the top of the pad a bit and securing the cables behind the tray with a cable tie to completely secure it though.
What are you going to use to taper it?

I scrounged up a Pop Socket from my daughter. Just tried it on the TapTes and it would charge, the light kept flashing, instead of staying solid and charging didn’t engage.

I don’t know a lot about Pop Sockets since I’m not a 14 year-old girl;), but I have seen some that appear to be thinner so maybe the one I tried is a little too thick because of the design.

View attachment 364683

So did the Tap Tes charge with the pop socket?

Thanks.

I just got my TapTes pad after ordering it in December, and plugged it in last night. Works (and fits) great with my iPhone XR and basic clear case. Only issue I have, which is not really Taptes related, is that any time I have a phone in the phone holder area, the weight makes the tray rattle unless I put finger pressure on it. Other than taping it down, anyone know if a good way to stop that?

I just got my TapTes pad after ordering it in December, and plugged it in last night. Works (and fits) great with my iPhone XR and basic clear case. Only issue I have, which is not really Taptes related, is that any time I have a phone in the phone holder area, the weight makes the tray rattle unless I put finger pressure on it. Other than taping it down, anyone know if a good way to stop that?

The Nomad doesn't do that. Can you lay the Taptes pad on a flat table and see if it's bowed and not straight? You might be able to shim it with some foam tape wherever it is furthest away from being straight and get the rattle to stop.

The Nomad doesn't do that. Can you lay the Taptes pad on a flat table and see if it's bowed and not straight? You might be able to shim it with some foam tape wherever it is furthest away from being straight and get the rattle to stop.

This also happened before my Taptes pad. I would sometimes get a rattle anytime I put a phone in there. It was more of a general question on how best to resolve phone tray rattle issues

Small piece of double sided tape may help.

I ordered my Taptes on December 24th and it came in the mail today. Mine came with two pieces of double sided tape but it seems others got pads. The double sided tape was easy to install but I’m not sure how long it will hold.
Have you tried contacting them about it? Seems easy to resolve on their end. I’m still waiting for mine, but I only just got my shipping confirmation today.