Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tax payer funded ABC TV now advertising Tesla cars.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fair go, team.
Yes, they spent a lot of energy making the program, but it might have such marked effects on people's awareness and behaviour that it DRAMATICALLY outweighs that energy.
Given the effects of "Chaser's War on Waste", I expect this to be a very large net positive for the environment.
(I hated the Chaser, not a fan of Reucastle, but these programs are important and helpful, I think).

It must be very irritating for the remaining members of our society that dislike electric vehicles to see their tax payer money funding a free 4 minute commercial for Tesla, personally I love how my 19 cents per day is being spent-
ABC TV + iview
Please enlighten me why you think ABC TV is taxpayer funded. It's not PBS.

Fair go, team.
Yes, they spent a lot of energy making the program, but it might have such marked effects on people's awareness and behaviour that it DRAMATICALLY outweighs that energy.
Given the effects of "Chaser's War on Waste", I expect this to be a very large net positive for the environment.
(I hated the Chaser, not a fan of Reucastle, but these programs are important and helpful, I think).

I only watched the Tesla part out of interest - the first program put me right off, seemingly being aimed at nine year olds.
Watching an overgrown teen running around with black balloons tied to himself isn't helping thinking adults find out about climate change.

I only watched the Tesla part out of interest - the first program put me right off, seemingly being aimed at nine year olds.
Watching an overgrown teen running around with black balloons tied to himself isn't helping thinking adults find out about climate change.

The program is partly aimed at the adults with low attention spans that still don't get it, an energetic man running around with balloons is the bait needed to get them over from desperate housewives of Sorrento.

• Funny
Reactions: rioli33
The impartiality is questionable.
The ABC is Australia’s most trusted source of news, so I don’t think its impartiality is substantively in question:

ABC, SBS lead most trusted news. | TV Tonight

The ABC is regularly served with formal complaints of political bias, mostly from politicians, although a large number of complaints are about other matters, and among the thousands of complaints they receive, relatively few are upheld complaints about political bias:

Upheld complaints | About the ABC

The comparable public record for the commercial press is the Press Council of Australia. Seems News Ltd has been busted a few times for telling porkies or not providing evidence-based substantiation for claims:

Adjudications and other outcomes - Australian Press Council

And for commercial radio and TV the relevant body is ACMA:

Complain about a program on TV or radio | ACMA

Although the record of adjudications seems MIA. ACMA is notoriously slow in making adjudications.

I know this is not on-topic, but when people post a claim here it should be permitted to provide an evidence-based rebuttal. I will say no more and let the above speak for itself. Let’s get back to Tesla!

Nice the way they drove 30 or 40 cars to line them up and get onto the bus. On a saving the planet doco..........
That was to demonstrate the point of how much pollution and road space an electric bus saves us all from.

I’ve been on the trial electric buses in the inner west of Sydney a few times and they are truly awesome. Apart from the fact they are so quiet, the most pleasant things include the complete lack of vibration (I’m sure that of itself has a positive effect on people’s mood), the complete lack of horrible braking noise and hydraulic compression valve releases, complete lack of disgusting diesel fumes, and that they can take off from the lights just as quickly as cars can.

NSW plans to change all 8000 buses across the network to electric, but no end date has been committed:

NSW unveils plan to switch Sydney's 8,000 buses to all-electric

Reactions: pts260
Fair go, team. Yes, they spent a lot of energy making the program, but it might have such marked effects on people's awareness and behaviour that it DRAMATICALLY outweighs that energy. Given the effects of "Chaser's War on Waste", I expect this to be a very large net positive for the environment. (I hated the Chaser, not a fan of Reucastle, but these programs are important and helpful, I think).
The “War on Waste” was incredibly successful in raising awareness and materially changing behaviours. I hope this series is just as successful. The fact that Scott Morrison literally ran away from Craig Reucassel to avoid having to potentially answer a question speaks volumes to the influence Craig has.

The style might not appeal to the type of people that inhabit this board, but we’re not the target market.

In any event, Craig Reucassel did point out that all the flights they took were carbon offset. He drives a Toyota Prius.

The ABC is Australia’s most trusted source of news, so I don’t think its impartiality is substantively in question:

ABC, SBS lead most trusted news. | TV Tonight

The ABC is regularly served with formal complaints of political bias, mostly from politicians, although a large number of complaints are about other matters, and among the thousands of complaints they receive, relatively few are upheld complaints about political bias:

Upheld complaints | About the ABC

The comparable public record for the commercial press is the Press Council of Australia. Seems News Ltd has been busted a few times for telling porkies or not providing evidence-based substantiation for claims:

Adjudications and other outcomes - Australian Press Council

And for commercial radio and TV the relevant body is ACMA:

Complain about a program on TV or radio | ACMA

Although the record of adjudications seems MIA. ACMA is notoriously slow in making adjudications.

I know this is not on-topic, but when people post a claim here it should be permitted to provide an evidence-based rebuttal. I will say no more and let the above speak for itself. Let’s get back to Tesla!

My apologies for expressing my opinion, or even having one.
Please refrain from quoting 4 words that I have written and taking them out of context to suit whatever point you are trying to demonstrate.

Last edited:
A little different, the ABC in the US gets a little more freedom - doesn't have its budget cut when Jimmy Kimmel makes a joke about the government.
Non-sequitur. ABC in Australia is slightly less absurd than PBS, but it's still PBS-ish.

I'm not thrilled at having to watch ABC programming, but my Uber riders (in my Model 3 SR+) mentioned it a few times, so I suppose I had to reinstall the iView app.

Last edited: