Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taycan Takedown

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing I think they kind of hide in the testing parameters is that while they were conducted back to back, They state (we used the entire 2.3Mile runway on every run) if the math is correct that's under .5 mile of hard accel then coasting for almost 2 miles before turning around and doing it again. I think even a model X could do that.

You can see him costing after the pulls for a while before turning around.
Obviously he had to slow down from 200+ km/h. What else was he supposed to do, handbrake turns?

The point of this exercise was that it is much closer to what's required of a car on a real race course than some drag race. I suspect we'll soon hear the actual numbers they got at the Nürburgring. We'll see if any Tesla can compete or not.

There are little to no real world scenarios off track where one would run 0-60+ back to back to back so this test, if measured the same for both cars, is about nothing more then bragging rights. Alternatively, it helps the general public understand that power doesn’t drop off after a spirited pull.

Surprised no one has posted about the "other" test of the Taycan driving 2129 miles/3425km in 24 hours. That is a great testament to endurance and DC charging and is more applicable to real world usage. This almost an average of 90MPH including charging. As of now the Model 3 is 1728 miles/2781km for 24 hours.

Of course the Taycan is still prototype and will have to wait for actual production model in independent hands for true test but so for it looks like a compelling EV.

UPDATE: Porsche Taycan Impresses Us With 2,129 Mile, 24-Hour Endurance Test

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: juanmedina
Surprised no one has posted about the "other" test of the Taycan driving 2129 miles/3425km in 24 hours. That is a great testament to endurance and DC charging and is more applicable to real world usage. This almost an average of 90MPH including charging. As of now the Model 3 is 1728 miles/2781km for 24 hours.

Of course the Taycan is still prototype and will have to wait for actual production model in independent hands for true test but so for it looks like a compelling EV.

UPDATE: Porsche Taycan Impresses Us With 2,129 Mile, 24-Hour Endurance Test

And it did it on a closed course, not in regular traffic. I'm sure that would be absolutely obliterated if they tested a model 3 LR in that scenario. Charging speed & range both are hugely in favour of the Model 3. Heck, I bet the Model X Raven could outdo it.

And it did it on a closed course, not in regular traffic. I'm sure that would be absolutely obliterated if they tested a model 3 LR in that scenario. Charging speed & range both are hugely in favour of the Model 3. Heck, I bet the Model X Raven could outdo it.
You’re going to have to show your work on that. There is absolutely no way any existing Tesla could do that.

• Disagree
Reactions: Jaguar and wenkan