Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tell me what's great about your car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't received my Model 3 LR 2021 yet, but I'm reading more negativity around the forums than positively. Especially one thread where someone decided not to buy because of what was written here.

So let's change his mind. Tell me everything great about your Tesla :)

On Sandy Munro's roadtrip he came across a Model 3 that he said was just perfect; far better than the one they had bought that came off the line in December of last year. Elon confirmed in an interview with Sandy that they had made a lot of adjustments at the start of 2021 to improve quality.

Waking up with a "full tank" whenever I want.
The car improving over time at no additional charge (got mine in 2019, had a performance increase, YouTube, Netflix, improved reversing cameras etc..)
The performance
The lack of noise / fumes from the exhaust, to get this level of performance in another car it generally makes a boat load of noise and dirty exhaust fumes (almost turning into Dave Angel, eco warrior :D )
Warming the car up / cooling the car down remotely
Scheduled departure when I was in the office was fantastic, free electric and a warm/cool car at leaving time
Cost to run, so cheap with someone like Octopus

Waking up with a "full tank" whenever I want.
The car improving over time at no additional charge (got mine in 2019, had a performance increase, YouTube, Netflix, improved reversing cameras etc..)
The performance
The lack of noise / fumes from the exhaust, to get this level of performance in another car it generally makes a boat load of noise and dirty exhaust fumes (almost turning into Dave Angel, eco warrior :D )
Warming the car up / cooling the car down remotely
Scheduled departure when I was in the office was fantastic, free electric and a warm/cool car at leaving time
Cost to run, so cheap with someone like Octopus
I don't want to bring the thread down but we really shouldn't be telling new owners the car "improves over time". The update thing might have been a selling point in the past but since I've owned the car the "updates " have either been pointless tinkering or have actually made the car worse.

I don't want to bring the thread down but we really shouldn't be telling new owners the car "improves over time". The update thing might have been a selling point in the past but since I've owned the car the "updates " have either been pointless tinkering or have actually made the car worse.

I disagree to be honest, we don't know what's round the corner. When (OK, it feels like an if at the moment) we get updated autopilot to take advantage of the FSD rewrite that'll be a huge leap forward.

It's certainly been true for my car anyway.

Acceleration. OH YES!
Fuel costs - bugger all in my case. I reported elsewhere on the forum that 2000 miles had cost under £4. To my shame, My spreadsheet was adrift. Having put it right the correct figure is just over a tenner! That’s very much thanks to solar panels and a bit of Octopus Go.
Even my Ioniq Electric did 5000 miles for £71.
Remote heating. Cabin’s warm in ten minutes
Some people don’t like the seats. I find them super comfy.
Pin to drive. It’s going nowhere without me.
Did I mention the acceleration... :p

I disagree to be honest, we don't know what's round the corner. When (OK, it feels like an if at the moment) we get updated autopilot to take advantage of the FSD rewrite that'll be a huge leap forward.

It's certainly been true for my car anyway.
Its just the way I see it. Every update I've had hasn't done anything or introduced more problems. I liked the one that made the map smaller and more difficult to read. And they haven't fixed the known problems like the auto main beam, auto wipers or phantom braking.

I just don't think we should be saying it is a positive to new owners. I was told it was a positive and its left me feeling worse about the car than I would have otherwise, given it hasn't actually improved anything.

To be completely fair and open, since buying my car in November 2019 there have been two practical improvements via a software update, the 5% performance increase that rolled out around December 2019 and the fix for the failure to charge from a timed charge point fixed in June 2020. Nothing else seems to have improved at all from my perspective, as someone that pretty much never uses either TACC or AP.

Things only seem to have got worse with most updates, like the 30% reduction in size and changed position of the speed display, so it's now hidden behind my left hand, the loss of the ability to save driver profiles and the rearrangement of the screen such that it's now dominated by wheelie bins.

I guess if you like computer games then all the changes to those may be seen as improvements, but they aren't things I've ever even bothered to look at.

Reactions: Neilio
Its just the way I see it. Every update I've had hasn't done anything or introduced more problems. I liked the one that made the map smaller and more difficult to read. And they haven't fixed the known problems like the auto main beam, auto wipers or phantom braking.

I just don't think we should be saying it is a positive to new owners. I was told it was a positive and its left me feeling worse about the car than I would have otherwise, given it hasn't actually improved anything.
I think the experience will be different dependent on when you received your car.

2019 and the first half of 2020 was really exciting, end of 2020 not so much.

No other car I have owned (and there have been many!) gave me quite the sense of delight whenever I got behind the wheel, some came close, but none made me smile or laugh out loud like the Tesla.

Difficult to define exactly why or what it was...... Acceleration, low running costs, OTA updates, comfort, perfectly acceptable quality :)oops:), the tech, being part of something bigger.

IDK, but deffo the best car I've owned, and soooo looking forward to getting the next one :rolleyes:

I had 2 young ladies on separate occasions say what a nice car as they walked by. I’ve never had that before and I’ve had some nice cars, last one was a R231 Mercedes SL. Just wish Tesla was around when I was younger lol
I had similar with 5 twenty-something girls who work at the local farm store. They all piled out to have a look. Oh to be 40 years younger

• Funny
Reactions: Godsense
As far as the software updates are concerned maybe one sees them as beneficial, maybe one doesn't.

The main factor for me is that they are available remotely for free to all of us whatever model. That is IMHO currently unique and has almost limitless potential.

Other cars also now get free OTA updates, and although Tesla were probably the first, others are now catching up, much as they are with some other aspects. Even the ID.3 will shortly have an OTA update capability, I believe, and the I-Pace I've just bought has had it since last year. Not sure about other makes, but it seems that it may well be something that becomes fairly standard before long.

Reactions: Neilio
So let's change his mind. Tell me everything great about your Tesla :)

Smooth drive, quick, feels really planted on the road, comfortable, it's as enjoyable to drive slowly as it is to drive fast and is a breeze in traffic, traction control that doesn't get in the way, immediate throttle response, relaxing uncluttered bright interior, no rattles, loads of storage space back and front, is toasty warm on a winter morning before I even get in, it doesn't poison people with its fumes or disturb others with its engine noise, it looks good, it feels like the future, it makes children nudge their parents to point it out, it's always fuelled up in the morning so I don't have to divert my journey to go to a petrol station.

It has tech that is evolving over time. Via "over the air updates" my car has specifically improved in many areas since I bought it in September 2019.
These improvements include: 5% increase in power, increase in peak DC charging rate, introduction of full one pedal driving, speed limit sign reading, improved cruise control speed setting options, auto closing of windows, control windows from app, notification to app if car left unlocked, recording of dash cam from multiple cameras, ability to manually save dash cam and sentry mode, auto save dash cam on horn honk, ability to view dash cam and sentry mode footage on the car's own screen, camp mode, "Joe mode" (for slightly quieter bing bong notifications), improved auto wipers, shows Supercharger availability and if out of order, watch Youtube or Netflix etc in car, increase in range of onscreen visualisations that show vehicles bikes pedestrians traffic lights road markings wheelie bins traffic cones, increased range of voice commands, several new onscreen games (that I haven't even looked at!)

Acceleration - But even better, being able to do that without the compromises you'd have got in an ICE car. Find an ICE that accelerates the same that doesn't cost twice as much, doesn't drink fuel like it's going out of fashion (all the time, not just when going quickly), doesn't cost a fortune to run (maintenance), and seats 5 comfortably. There's really nothing quite like it.

I'd even go as far as saying it removes a lot of the guilt. In previous ICE cars, I'd have been wary of putting them in sport as it'd increase wear and fuel use... whereas in the Tesla it's always in sport and it doesn't increase usage or wear until the moment you boot it.

What else do I like? The keyless/remote stuff. I know you can get keyless entry on cars, but keyless locking when you walk away? And I know you can often get remote cooling now, but heating and cooling?

And then there's the API. the way you can gather data to TeslaMate or TeslaFi for analysis, or control it via the API, even write your own programs to do that.