Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Tesla’s FSD Beta 10.2 Coming This Friday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

The next update to Tesla’s FSD Beta will be available to qualifying drivers on Friday, Chief Executive Elon Musk said.

Version 10.2 will be rolled out to about 1,000 Tesla owners who have requested access and achieved a perfect Safety Score. Version 10.1 offered an option to request access to the FSD Beta software. The beta was previously only available to a limited number of testers.

By requesting access, owners give Tesla permission to evaluate their driving to create a Safety Score. The Safety Score is an assessment of driving behavior based on five metrics called Safety Factors. These are combined to estimate the likelihood that driving could result in a future collision.

Musk said on Twitter that the update will include a “long list of mostly little items” and that the “driving experience is significantly better.”

However, Musk also noted that Tesla’s neural networks have more data for certain areas of the U.S., so the FSD experience will likely vary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can somebody publish the email with the instructions for using FSD beta 10.2
We will be pushing FSD Beta Version 10.2 (2021.32.25) to your vehicle shortly!

Full Self-Driving is in limited early access Beta and must be used with additional caution. It may do the wrong thing at the worst time, so you must always keep your hands on the wheel and pay extra attention to the road. Do not become complacent. When Full Self-Driving Beta is enabled, your vehicle will make lane changes off highway, select forks to follow your navigation route, navigate around other vehicles and objects, and make left and right turns. Use Full Self-Driving Betaonly if you will pay constant attention to the road, and be prepared to act immediately, especially around blind corners, crossing intersections, and in narrow driving situations. Every driver is responsible for remaining alert and active when using Autopilot and must be prepared to take action at any time.

As part of receiving FSD Beta, your vehicle has automatically opted into VINassociated telemetry sharing with Tesla, including Autopilot usage data, images and/or video. If you wish to be removed from the limited early access FSD Beta please email ******

Your vehicle is running on Tesla Vision! Note that Tesla Vision also includes some temporary limitations, as noted below:

• Follow distance is limited to 2-7.
  • Autopilot top speed is 80 mph.
How to provide feedback:

• Press the "Video Record" button on the top bar UI to send an Autopilot Snapshot video clip.
    • Clips are automatically sent to the engineering team. You will not be able to view the clip.
  • You can email your feedback to *********
    • In your email please include date, time, location, and if you took an Autopilot Snapshot. This helps us investigate issues, and better understand your feedback.
Thank,
The Tesla Team

Interestingly... I had a 100 going into yesterday, braked a little hard at a yellow light yesterday evening and ultimately registered a daily score of 99 for the day which dropped my average to 99 (I must have been right on the edge) - but I still got the update waiting for me when I woke up this morning. Of course, they may have based it on a perfect score of 100 at an earlier point in time.

• Informative
Reactions: DavidZemon
Interestingly... I had a 100 going into yesterday, braked a little hard at a yellow light yesterday evening and ultimately registered a daily score of 99 for the day which dropped my average to 99 (I must have been right on the edge) - but I still got the update waiting for me when I woke up this morning. Of course, they may have based it on a perfect score of 100 at an earlier point in time.
Oh that's a real bummer for me. If they took the final score at some random point in time, there's a strong possibility I won't get it until they roll it out to the 99's.

Thanks for the data point at least.

Got the update and just took the car for a spin on FSD. Really a crazy experience - the car drives itself, which is obvious, but experiencing it in action is incredible. It mostly did fantastic on some tricky suburban streets. You absolutely have to pay full attention, but it is worth the wait. Had to jump on a zoom at home, but will take it out more later today.

Just curious to see if any "refreshed" MS owners received the beta FSD software? I would guess not, as it appears Tesla/Elon silently decided to exclude any refreshed cars, with its mandatory yoke, from receiving the beta FSD release -, along with all yoke improvements found in the 2021.36 release that only non-FSD yoke cars received. It appears the only thing these cars got was a "request button, via the 2021.32.22 release.

So, as of now, if you are a yoker, who paid for FSD, you not only are excluded from the yoke improvements found in 2021.36, but also the FSD beta software (assuming you had a score of 100). Looking for someone to pronounce I am wrong on this, by showing proof they either received the FSD beta, or the yoke improvements found in 2021.36 - for refreshed MSs with FSD. Anyone want to step forward? Anyone? No?

Looks like another confirmation that score snapshot on Friday was used.

I have wondered, if I can bring my score up to 100 whether they would suddenly give me the FSD beta. But I doubt it.
Seems like no, or else I'd have it by now me thinks. I think they took the score at some point between Saturday 9:30am CDT and Sunday 8:30pm CDT. I had a 100 starting at 4pm Friday and ending 9:30am Saturday, then I was back to 100 again by 8:30pm Sunday. And yet... here I am without an email still.

Oh well. Bummed, for sure. But I'll try to put on my big boy pants and wait another "few [Musk] days."
I've been checking my email, this thread, and Musk's twitter constantly, all day today. So far nothing from Musk indicating any more details than have already been shared here in this thread.