Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla’s FSD Beta 10.3 Coming This Friday 10-22-2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sitting at 99 and going to Big Bear tomorrow, YIKES! I'll be driving grandma speed up the mountain, hopefully will be getting the beta before coming back home.
Yup, watch that aggressive turning going up the mountain. I’m at 99 also and got dinged for it just driving around Palm Desert. Driving my wife’s Toyota tomorrow, it’s too close to screw it up now.

Reactions: pitabun
Any idea if it will be based on last 7 days 100/100 or all time? I'm trying to decide if I should to the opt-out/opt-in again to reset my score and game it to 100/100 like most people have done. Easy to do 50 miles of highway driving for 2 days straight at 100.
I opted out yesterday and back in this morning.

Once you go down it's super hard to get back to 99/100. I opted out at 92, which was clawed for since late Sep.

Now I'm sitting at back at 100 and hoping to keep it till Fri and REALLY hoping that 3 days of 100 gets me in this time.

I mean REALLY I've been trying for almost a month now.

Any idea if it will be based on last 7 days 100/100 or all time? I'm trying to decide if I should to the opt-out/opt-in again to reset my score and game it to 100/100 like most people have done. Easy to do 50 miles of highway driving for 2 days straight at 100.

Do it... I did the opt out / opt in on Monday night. - I had a 98, and a few bogus FCW's that I couldn't overcome.
I got my 100 miles @ 100% on Wednesday, and they pushed 10.2 beta to my car around 9pm on the same night.

For those of you with 100 scores and no beta, consider this. Using 10.2 is like riding a rodeo bull. It constantly does things to throw you off and the ride is far from smooth. There must have been issues with 10.2 and older Teslas that are preventing wider release. You probably should be happy that Tesla is concerned about your safety.
Find it so funny that the ones who got it now suggesting we don’t want it. If possible and tesla allowed, I’d be happy to take the risk from you while you wait.

You and everyone else know, this is what we all want, we want it now, and want to be involved since we paid.

For the ones who like to be all Mighty and say you don’t want it yet, remember your excitement right before you were the chosen one.

Just hit 99. Wanted to know if anyone else found they got better safety score performance after turning off tesla features? I turned off the regenerative breaking and have reduced ‘hard breaking‘. Stopped using navigate on autopilot and got reduced ‘Unsafe following %’.

Thoughts?

Find it so funny that the ones who got it now suggesting we don’t want it. If possible and tesla allowed, I’d be happy to take the risk from you while you wait.

You and everyone else know, this is what we all want, we want it now, and want to be involved since we paid.

For the ones who like to be all Mighty and say you don’t want it yet, remember your excitement right before you were the chosen one.
Who said that you didn't want FSD beta? Further, you apparently want it even though your risk of using it with 2021.32.25 might be higher than mine. I trust Tesla to offer the beta to those that Tesla feels can safely use it.

Reactions: K5TRX
I am guessing, that by the time 10.3 rolls out, all the peope with 100/100 will have already gotten 10.2. beforehand.

Then, 10.3, which is hopefully a bit safer to use, will be the first FSD software that the 99/100 people will be allowed to use. If this trend continues, each improved revision will allow another group with lesser scores to get in on driving, because each new FSD should becomes a bit less risky to use.

Yes, I received 10.2 with a 100 score on Thursday 10/20 around 5:30pm.

Yes, I received 10.2 with a 100 score on Thursday 10/20 around 5:30pm.
However, the question remains for those who already have 10.2, how quickly will they be given 10.3 once it becomes available. Will they be given it simultaneously with the new group of testers (99/100)? Or will the rollout take a couple of days to get to everyone with perhaps the new testers getting 10.3 first?

please don't drive like grandma. Especially not grandma speed. No part of safety score is related to your speed. Just don't be an asshole on the road. There IS a middle ground, and it's how I got 100 without driving like grandma. Still passing traffic jams like a madman in the carpool lane. Use Autopilot. Go the speed limit (or a little over), not 20 over. Remember, AP masks everything, and now includes the 3 seconds after disengaging in the mask as well.
Not exactly true. If you stay below 50mph you won't get dinged for close following.

Reset. Didn't power off. Waited til it left the app about an hour and a half. Now back at 100. In the Early S100D camp with the whole FSD/MCU swap done. Waiting. Car won't move now till I get it. Which is sad. I am sucked down the Tesla rabbit hole again.
I just hit 100 on my 2017 Model S 90D. Similar story with the FSD/MCU swap. I have been watching this car steadily become a better driver since I picked it up in 2017 and I want to watch the next phase of learning. Here’s hoping for Friday!

Just hit 99. Wanted to know if anyone else found they got better safety score performance after turning off tesla features? I turned off the regenerative breaking and have reduced ‘hard breaking‘. Stopped using navigate on autopilot and got reduced ‘Unsafe following %’.

Thoughts?
Unsafe following is not counted when on autopilot. And only above 50 mph.

Reactions: K5TRX