Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla’s FSD Beta 10.3 Coming This Friday 10-22-2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Driving in West Hollywood and North Hollywood with no traffic on 10.2 makes me never want to use it again after the amount of issues I had just trying to approach and turn at an intersection, I hope 10.3 does better 😬
And this is in example of why -- for me personally -- I don't mind waiting a little longer for a cleaner version of the beta! Hahah.

Yeah, yeah, I know others would be thrilled to have the experience mentioned by Acisplat. 🙃

248359692_10226876850297099_3119409359273396410_n.jpg

- HW4 will inevitably exist, offering improved performance and more features (than what FSD buyers were promised).

The problem with this is FSD buyers were promised L5 autonomous driving way back in late 2016 when it was released. Tesla would be in a completely different situation if Elon promised L3 driving or limited ODD L4 driving.

With either of those they could have reached feature complete much sooner by greatly limiting the scope of it.

The other issue is they promised something they ultimately don't have any control over. It's not up to them to decide when their cars are ready for autonomous operation, but the regulatory bodies in the region the owner is in.

At some point Tesla will be forced to acknowledge that HW3 (and maybe HW4 as well) don't meet the requirements set forth for autonomous driving, and they will always be L2 systems.

It's my belief that Tesla always intended on using the regulatory get out of jail free card. How can they design something for regulations not even written at the time they released the HW?

They're going to pull that card, and its only a matter of when. They don't really need to right now, and they might not need to even for HW4. They don't need to pull the card as long as the upgrades are straight forwards (MCU Computer, AP Computer, Cameras, etc).

Odds are that by the time anything really changes the FSD vehicles will have switched hands so many times the new owner has no idea about the original promise.

HW3 will go out with a whimper and it won't be a massive fleetwide upgrade or owners getting refunded. Maybe just a few sprinkles of lawsuits where only the lawyers win.

Can anyone confirm the 30 day rolling average? My first day was an 84, but nothing under 97 since so I am at 98. Easy 99 30 day average with real driving so I would rather not cheat the system.

Found it. The Safety Score Beta is the first release of the Safety Score which is an assessment of your driving behavior based on five metrics called Safety Factors. These are combined to estimate the likelihood that your driving could result in a future collision. We combine your daily Safety Scores (up to 30 days) to calculate the aggregated Safety Score, displayed on the main ‘Safety Score’ screen of the Tesla app. You can find details around your daily Safety Score by selecting ‘Daily Details’ at the bottom of the screen.

Do you suppose that is 30 calendar days or 30 driving days it combines?

I doubt their servers can handle a release to everyone all at once. They will probably prioritize those with 10.2 first. I don't expect to get it for at least another week.
Why not?

Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 5.35.18 PM.png

We're looking at over 800 software installs for different firmwares today, and that's just from people who have TeslaFi. Which is a tiny fraction of all Tesla owners. Their servers would have no issues

There will always be a "safer" version ahead. When will you know it us safe enough?

With FSD the hope is functionality will improve significantly while at the same time the human driver remains vigilant.

There is probably room for this in 10.2, 10.3, and probably 11 where overall safety increases. But, there will be a point where improvements will start to actually diminish safety as the average driver starts to subconsciously trust it.

It has to make it though that phase though to reach autonomous driving so its really unavoidable.

Only autonomous driving can truly offer increasing safety with increased functionality.

I personally am not concerned about safety (as that's my job), but functionality. My biggest concern about jumping on board before the general release is that the functionality isn't worth giving up largely phantom free AP driving (I have a 2018 Model 3 with Radar)