Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Alternative?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The recently announced Volvo EX30 looks rather tasty as a compact SUV. Their mid range model coming in at £38,545 with 298 miles WLPT range, 0-62 in 5.3 seconds. While their cheapest model comes in at £33,795 with 213 miles.

Interior looks great too. Quite a compelling new EV.
I must admit, I'm right now looking at this on the website and checking reviews. If this is big enough in the back, I'm selling the Tesla for this as soon as I can get my hands on it. Looks beautiful and solid.

Reactions: Chickenlips
I bought a Tesla to free me from the tyranny of Volvo dealerships...I’d rather poke myself with sharp sticks than buy a car from those lying scum sucking @#*#@!!!
Same here. We had 5 Volvos between 1999 and 2021. The dealer/service experience went downhill during that time, particularly so as the brand tried to go more up-market. The cars got progressively less reliable too; my last, a 2018 XC60 D5, was in for repair/recall more times than I care to count.

Would never have another, especially now they've chopped out Sensus in favour of Android Automotive 🤮

I bought a Tesla to free me from the tyranny of Volvo dealerships...I’d rather poke myself with sharp sticks than buy a car from those lying scum sucking @#*#@!!!
Why go to the dealership? That seems like the real problem. I take mine to a Volvo mechanic and it’s been a good experience
Same here. We had 5 Volvos between 1999 and 2021. The dealer/service experience went downhill during that time, particularly so as the brand tried to go more up-market. The cars got progressively less reliable too; my last, a 2018 XC60 D5, was in for repair/recall more times than I care to count.

Would never have another, especially now they've chopped out Sensus in favour of Android Automotive 🤮
Have you actually had a car with the Android system? It’s better than Sensus in many ways

.I’d rather poke myself with sharp sticks than buy a car from those lying scum sucking @#*#@!!!

You are describing every motor brand dealership that' I've dealt with in the last 40 years ... if not on day-one then a bit later.

lied to by dealers for personal gain or ,misinformed by overworked low wage Tesla employees who have no idea what they are talking about half the time

Yeah, so Tesla no better (or "differently bad/worse").

I've decided to live with Tesla - I like the API integration I have cobbled together, and don't want to write again for another brand (if that is even possible with other Brand APIs). I'm going to call my little APP "Short and Curlies" :)

Reactions: Js1977
Hmm. They seem to be going after the people who looked at the Tesla interiors and though it was a bit too cluttered 🤣
And I remember there was a forum member who in fact posted his Volvo to show how Volvo thinks from customer point of view with all the buttons and switches. Hello, whoever that was could you please respond to this new Volvo which is just a copy of model 3/Y rather than taken it for inspiration including the key card:) but with cramped rear seats strictly for children.

The design looks consistent with Volvo’s existing direction, they are definitely going the Tesla route of getting rid of buttons and such but they have always been Scandinavian sparse/modern
This is XC 60 interior this is neither sparse nor modern.

1686251301230.jpeg

Why buy from a dealership? I’ve bought my last three Audis through an online broker. No haggling. No dealer trying to sell dubious extras I don’t want. And I’ve never saved less than 20% on list price.

Style over substance. Is it based on an ICE platform? Bear in mind also that like every other legacy OEM except BYD, they lose money on every EV they sell, so totally unsustainable. Will Volvo be around in 4 years???
Spot the shareholder :)

As far as hot takes go, I think this one has a sub zero temperature

This is actually the car I've been waiting on from Volvo. Affordable quality and good base specs. Less than £41k for the top of the range LR performance too if performance is your bag, hits 60 mph in 3.4 seconds. The £33.6k base model is 5.5 seconds to 60, so pretty much all I would really want/need.

Seems a bit of a game changer to me

**I've no idea how much money Volvo will make/lose on this car and neither will I try and 'guess' as I have no knowledge of such matters ;)

Reactions: WyoDude

This is actually the car I've been waiting on from Volvo. Affordable quality and good base specs. Less than £41k for the top of the range LR performance too if performance is your bag, hits 60 mph in 3.4 seconds. The £33.6k base model is 5.5 seconds to 60, so pretty much all I would really want/need.

**I've no idea how much money Volvo will make/lose on this car and neither will I try and 'guess' as I have no knowledge of such matters ;)

pretty low range - close to the Fiat 500e for the base one though - US gets the extended range as standard, UK/europe get a smaller one for a smaller price. So £38k for the equivalent to the base spec US one with decent range.

not saying the base is useless - if its a commute/second car it'll be more than enough - but this looks more like a primary vehicle so I think you'd want that range.

still a decent price

Ha is it that obvious. Its a nice looking car for sure and if it results in more ice cars taken from our roads thats a good thing.