Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Alternative?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I asked you to tell me the year the very first tesla was made available to buy - without looking it up?
SpaceX
xAIGroc
ATL batteries
Gigacasting (see previous post)
Solar City
The Hyperloop
Neuralink

ALL of the above were on time simply because Musk invented them first!
Tesla is always on time!

Reactions: spdpsba
Luckily the corporation isn’t deciding any changes at Tesla otherwise the car would look like the Honda Jazz or the big kidney grille we see now a days as it sells in China.
Why, the exterior branding of a car doesn't have much to do with removing stalks or USS.

Removing something that's quite useful in one of its big markets smacks of an individual's myopic decision rather than a team, let alone a multinational team.

In the short term it may well not have an impact, long term I think it will, VW group have outsold Tesla in Europe for a few quarters already and we haven't really seen the impact of the Chinese as yet.

• Funny
Reactions: EVMeister
It's what you read and how you interpret it, I guess:
Look at the list? Look at the rate of growth by Tesla? 800+%

Now look at this (from a year ago!):

At the end of the day - what counts is profit:

Time to stop this 'mine's better than yours' argument.
Can anyone point me in the direction of ANY comparable EV that is better than the Tesla M3 in terms of all round package?

Anything?
People put different weights on different things and it only takes one factor to be deal breaker and it does not matter what other features a car has. As @Js1977 says if its ability to get large items in the car then I can think of lots.
If its ability to see at night in the rain then my daughters 2011 Fiesta would probably be a better choice.
The entire point of this thread was to discuss the pros and cons of other EV's Vs the Model 3. So if we stop doing that then might as well close the thread.

Reactions: Js1977
Time to stop this 'mine's better than yours' argument.
Can anyone point me in the direction of ANY comparable EV that is better than the Tesla M3 in terms of all round package?

Anything?
MG4 way cheaper than anything Tesla offer, including the XPower that can be had for £34K brand new.

BYD Atto3, which I've driven and is really nice, can be had from £36k.

ID 3 can be had from £33k.

There's choice now, there wasn't a few years ago.

That’s sort of my point. It’s model 3 money but I’m not sure it’s a model 3 standard. I was going to say size but it is only 10cm shorter. No Autopilot. I guess maybe. I did the calcs on £/WLTP mile a while back - I’ll dig it out.

Last edited:
1700724305852.png