Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Alternative?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
not just change things for the sakes of changing things like brake fluid (which can be tested) or key fob batteries that can also be tested (and might of recently been changed) or do a recall on changing a part today and charge/change the part again in 6 months time just because its part of the service interval which is only due every 4 years or so..

But but but ... when I had VW ICE they never updated the SatNav ... not even for Real Money. How are they going to manage to do anything that is actually useful?

Sorry. Rhetorical.

Reactions: Js1977 and Bouba
I watched the long drawn out video and was disappointed how this customer was treated. I wonder what the outcome would have been if it was a Tesla... Surely this is not a unique situation...

No it's not, I got shafted in the same way by Toyota dealership. I did get in touch with Toyota UK in regards to the issue (the dealer advised me to do this) and Toyota UK referred me back to the dealer and this was the dealer I bought the car from, brand new with every possible extra.

My takeaway from that video is that the battery was OK and the dealership shafted him nice and proper and its not that surprising to me from yet another recent blunder with a Hyundai dealership

One of my main reasons for choosing a Tesla was I couldn’t stomach another car dealership....my mental health has to be taken into account...especially after my yelling at everybody in the Volvo dealership for their thieving ways.
Of course, I don’t know how Tesla will be when I have my first serious issue.....but the bar is so low, they have a good chance of exceeding my expectations

One of my main reasons for choosing a Tesla was I couldn’t stomach another car dealership....my mental health has to be taken into account...especially after my yelling at everybody in the Volvo dealership for their thieving ways.
Of course, I don’t know how Tesla will be when I have my first serious issue.....but the bar is so low, they have a good chance of exceeding my expectations
Instead of shouting at someone you’ll just be typing furious messages in the app that’ll they just ignore and then close the service request.

• Funny
Reactions: ACarneiro and Bouba
Instead of shouting at someone you’ll just be typing furious messages in the app that’ll they just ignore and then close the service request.
Can you not go into a service centre (aka showroom) and kick off?

As somebody who has had arguments with many BMW, Merc, Porsche and Peugeot dealerships near me - I’ve found every interaction with Tesla service so straighforward and feel they’ve disrupted this side of the car industry too.

Whether that’s the Tesla ranger offering, provision of a loaner (without any human interaction) or the oh so slick Uber credits solution it has been so much better than the traditional dealership experience for me. It almost certainly biases my opinion of the car itself.

Reactions: Bouba and Js1977
You can. They’ll then tell you there’s nothing they can do and to raise a service request.

provision of a loaner (without any human interaction)
Tesla do loaners? That’s news to me because I have never been offered one and when I asked for one, they said they don’t have any available

the oh so slick Uber credits solution
The ones they stopped providing nearly a year ago?

As somebody who has had arguments with many BMW, Merc, Porsche and Peugeot dealerships near me - I’ve found every interaction with Tesla service so straighforward and feel they’ve disrupted this side of the car industry too.

Whether that’s the Tesla ranger offering, provision of a loaner (without any human interaction) or the oh so slick Uber credits solution it has been so much better than the traditional dealership experience for me. It almost certainly biases my opinion of the car itself.
Ive had two warranty claims and the service has been superb. Once had to take the car in after they came out to my house and could not sort and another time the ranger came to my workplace and fixed it.

Obviously this was still an inconvenience to me on one occasion but turnaround was amazingly fast.

So far Im impressed but time will tell.

The ones they stopped providing nearly a year ago?
💩. Two days ago at West Drayton Service Centre

IMG_1746.png

I even tipped the Uber driver on both trips I made and that was covered by the voucher too. 😀

💩. Two days ago at West Drayton Service Centre

View attachment 999177

I even tipped the Uber driver on both trips I made and that was covered by the voucher too. 😀
Very good, so it looks like the policy is being applied inconsistently between different service centres. Very traditional car dealership behaviour.

Edit: I even posted about it at the time

I think you have to be above a certain age to get one 🤔😜
Zip it grandpa. Shouldn’t you be using your freedom pass instead of driving 😜