Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Alternative?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Loved the Rivian after watching the prototype being used in the Long Way Up, and it's a shame that the manufacturing plant they had planned to build in Bristol was canned. One can't help but think this may have accelerated the release in Europe/UK.

I have read that Rivian aren't in great shape financially, but it doesn't seem it's stopping them from pumping out B2B vehicles for Amazon.

Loved the Rivian after watching the prototype being used in the Long Way Up, and it's a shame that the manufacturing plant they had planned to build in Bristol was canned. One can't help but think this may have accelerated the release in Europe/UK.

I have read that Rivian aren't in great shape financially, but it doesn't seem it's stopping them from pumping out B2B vehicles for Amazon.

I think their cars are great but they are extremely likely to fail currently, their debt vs how long they've been around is extremely bad. I've seen in other info, forget where that they might not even have the money at this point to build the R2. I assume announcing the R2 plus some extra buzz around the R3 is to try and get more investors and debt to allow them to continue.

1709909815502.png

If its a 1.6 tdci ive got a spare turbo with only 24k miles, courtesy of Lex ford for the miss-diagnostic if you ever need it 🙂
Appreciate it but hers is petrol. It's a decent drive, and the auto wipers work!
She's eyeing up a new car, mini-SUV type. Something garish coloured no doubt! Says I should've got mine in red 😅 I wouldn't mind a fun colour wrap if they were cheaper, more durable, and didn't hike my insurance 10%.

Appreciate it but hers is petrol. It's a decent drive, and the auto wipers work!
She's eyeing up a new car, mini-SUV type. Something garish coloured no doubt! Says I should've got mine in red 😅 I wouldn't mind a fun colour wrap if they were cheaper, more durable, and didn't hike my insurance 10%.
I think the auto wipers on anything else work better that ours to be fair but its a case of taking the good with the bad imho.... Ill reserve comment on the colours ;)

Had the chance to drive the Lexus UX EV version today whilst our IS was having some recall work done......I'm honestly lost for words, it's got MORE buttons in than out 2015 IS, and check out the 'Fuel gauge', in an EV???

The guys at Lexus asked me if I had driven an EV before when I told them we had a Tesla they simply said 'Ours aren't as fancy'. For some reasons I read Toyota/Lexus sales are higher than ever, lots of people must like boring/mundane!!

53585477826_1f88b2fab7_c_d.jpg

Had the chance to drive the Lexus UX EV version today whilst our IS was having some recall work done......I'm honestly lost for words, it's got MORE buttons in than out 2015 IS, and check out the 'Fuel gauge', in an EV???

The guys at Lexus asked me if I had driven an EV before when I told them we had a Tesla they simply said 'Ours aren't as fancy'. For some reasons I read Toyota/Lexus sales are higher than ever, lots of people must like boring/mundane!!

53585477826_1f88b2fab7_c_d.jpg
I don't think I can go back to anything near that busy now. It's like a pilot's cockpit.
I love the minimalism and (as much as possible) future proof flexibility of one big screen. I remember the feeling of first sitting in one and just loving how there was no clutter.

Reactions: Adopado
Until it’s slow, obsolete and no longer gets any updates like an old phone
True but Tesla I think has a better track record here than other makes. Others barely update much at all for the most part and you can probably guarantee the moment that car goes off sale or even close to it they’ll just stop working on it.

Everything will get obsolete eventually but I’ll give Tesla credit here on this one. They have a reasonable track record.

They barely update because the software that came installed used to be solid and worked exactly the same in year 10 as it did on day 10.

You have to question whether it’s really necessary to add a new game or mess about with the controls every few months

OTA has made manufacturers get lazy/sloppy with their infotainment systems