Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Alternative?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
....and on a bright day, when it's clean!

View attachment 1033550
1711793218465.jpeg

Ultra Red for me or no red really, sorry 😔

View attachment 1033574
Ultra Red for me or no red really, sorry 😔
GF wished I got mine in red but I love the grey (2020 model). When we went to see the new Highlands I saw the new ultra red and think it's great, definitely would consider that colour now. The depth and richness is lovely compared to the old flat plastic looking red.
I also saw the new grey and couldn't tell the difference with mine, maybe it needs a sunnier day to notice it.

I've been sniffing around alternatives and the Mustang Mach E seems decent, does someone want to tell me the deal breakers for it?
The Munro Live videos on YouTube are interesting on the Mach E. Particularly when they compare the thermal system with that of a Model Y - explains why there is no room for much storage space under the bonnet. More or less filled with rubber hoses. See here.

Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 10.31.33.png

• Informative
Reactions: Foxsbiscuits
Some colours do need the sun to really pop and its something we dont get all that much in the UK.

The first ever Tesla we test drove was in 2020 and was a red one. IMHO it looked rubbish on the day. Ive seen the same clean cars on a sunny day and they looked awesome. Same goes for the blue which when clean and on a sunny day is very much like the Lapiz blue on my "old" golf.

So, there are two factors to make these colours good. Needs to be clean and need a nice sunny/bright day so it will depend on who you ask and what day they saw it.

Personally I prefer more neutral while still nice colours on cars. Good enough to look good but not stand out so much so that I can blend in... People dont see me coming as matter of speech and idiots dont target me for silly tailgating/racing or key the damn thing.

Bikes on the other hand, I like them "loud" but these aren't targeted in the same way by most car drivers and the biker community is for the most part great in this regard.

However, if I ever bought a Ferrari it would have to be red and a Ducati must also be red in my personal beliefs.

IMHO, if you want to show off by all means do... as the old saying goes, if you've got it, flaunt it!

Currently got this as a rental and i hate it. The drivers area is so cramped and the centre console is rock hard you hit your knee on it. You get a choice between 1 cupholder and a tiny arm rest that is too far back or 2 cupholders and no arm rest at all. The boot release is underneath the bumper so gets covered in dirt. The suspension is rock hard and It will only do 100mph, pathetic.

Oh and there was some sandy rain last night so now it looks like a tortoise, which is apt considering the top speed 😀
IMG_4685.jpg

Reactions: EVMeister and Bouba
I have had the occasion to rent a Subaru Solterra and a Kia Niro. If you can charge at home that removes the bggest issue with non Tesla cars. I find that you really get what I would call a “mutt” car where they make a electric car that retains ICE car features that don’t make sense, when comparing to a Tesla. One example is a start button. Another the Subaru did not show battery percentage, just miles remaining.

One example is a start button. Another the Subaru did not show battery percentage, just miles remaining.
It is a classic case of ‘don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater’.

Tesla somehow captured the imagination of both new and old gen. You don’t get to see this that often. A product that disrupts the market but with a mature OEM that in software terms equivalent to Apple iOS. Other car makers took the safety first approach - for obvious reasons as they didn’t have the software capabilities of Tesla.

Reactions: Bouba
Currently got this as a rental and i hate it. The drivers area is so cramped and the centre console is rock hard you hit your knee on it. You get a choice between 1 cupholder and a tiny arm rest that is too far back or 2 cupholders and no arm rest at all. The boot release is underneath the bumper so gets covered in dirt. The suspension is rock hard and It will only do 100mph, pathetic.

Oh and there was some sandy rain last night so now it looks like a tortoise, which is apt considering the top speed 😀
View attachment 1033931
When do you often drive over 100mph?

Reactions: Alwayshopeful
Last edited:
In germany you can go full throttle most of the time, if you choose your routes wisely. Note the registration plate has D for Deutschland.

It's unclear what car it is, though. Polestar something. Perhaps the 2 Performance (?) Long range single/standard range which have top speed 100mph. Based on those numbers I wouldn't even call it a performance.
Yes, Polestar 2 single motor long range, i'll get the dual motor next time, that's if they don't have something else. Cheap at £13 a day though

So, new Tacan is out. Great bit of kit imho albeit still cant tow I would of thought hence the Macan would be my choice (on the surface and not digging in deep).

I wonder, being that the previous version hasn't been out that long, I wonder how much of the new software features have carried over to the previous model (if any) 🤔

You mean software 💾 they have few iPads and some android auto. That’s it. They are still in the floppy disk 💾 era.

Software comes in all shapes 💩 ... Jokes aside, lets at least try and keep it constructive as not to attract the wrong crowd...

Be it if this is the case I can only think that it's again a legacy thing of planned obsolescence or they are just unable to do so due to the disconnection between the hardware and software or a disconnection across departments. Seems a bit narrow minded but I suppose if most people are financing these things short term than this must be the market they are looking at 🤷‍♂️