Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, after removing my 2018 VW Golf from the Trade-In section of my account mid way thru last week, the first time I’ve heard from a real person at Tesla was today. I received an email from an ACTUAL SR at Tesla in PERTH asking why, and if I’d like it reinstated? So I did.

Maybe a good sign, or am I clutching at straws on my Std M3 RWD white/black aero wheels April 5 order?? Which still shows April/May 2023 as my EDD!!!

Well, after removing my 2018 VW Golf from the Trade-In section of my account mid way thru last week, the first time I’ve heard from a real person at Tesla was today. I received an email from an ACTUAL SR at Tesla in PERTH asking why, and if I’d like it reinstated? So I did.

Maybe a good sign, or am I clutching at straws on my Std M3 RWD white/black aero wheels April 5 order?? Which still shows April/May 2023 as my EDD!!!
I had the same experience, end of the day Tesla trade ins are still a rip, I was offered well below market.

They did the same thing when I removed my trade-in the first time, I later re-instated it and then got the exact same email as the first time when I declined the trade-in offer to complete my pre-delivery steps. Sadly the email seems to be triggered by an automated process.

Yep also the same experience for me. Wouldn’t look too much into it unless you had a specific edd. Just watch that inventory as the shipment arrives this week and people get cold feet.

World spirit now expected to arrive at H berth on May 4 at 1830 so now ahead of its latest schedule.

They did the same thing when I removed my trade-in the first time, I later re-instated it and then got the exact same email as the first time when I declined the trade-in offer to complete my pre-delivery steps. Sadly the email seems to be triggered by an automated process.
Did they change your valuation from the first time?

I'm looking at doing this as even though I'll take a bath on the money i'll get for my current car, I'm banking on that cash to cover the Tesla and not having much luck selling privately

I'm looking at doing this as even though I'll take a bath on the money i'll get for my current car, I'm banking on that cash to cover the Tesla and not having much luck selling privately
After cancelling my trade in, I had a conversation with them where they tried to convince me it was the easiest thing to do and also offered an extra 500 lol. Still well below carsales instant but I guess 500 bucks is 500 bucks for people who can’t be bothered to go elsewhere

After cancelling my trade in, I had a conversation with them where they tried to convince me it was the easiest thing to do and also offered an extra 500 lol. Still well below carsales instant but I guess 500 bucks is 500 bucks for people who can’t be bothered to go elsewhere
would you recommend carsales instant ? how easy was it, they transfer and pick up the car ?

Yes same here. The second hand market is not interested. Mines been marked way down and below dealer sell price and still no interest ( even with fsd)

Haven’t actually used it, seems pretty easy though, it just uses a car dealer out near Cannington I think.

Carsales was like 20% more than teslas offers for me
I used Car Sales Instant to sell my non-Tesla and got 20% more than Tesla offered as a trade-in.
Car Sales Instant is just a group for Wholesalers so you will still take a decent hit from Retail - but it is super easy and you don‘t have to deal with all the scam artists like you do when selling privately.

Reactions: Dannerz