Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Damn that's a whole lot of cars for wa.

Hard to see why I don't have a vin for my M3P (not even a hidden one).

Guess there's a lot of people waiting for the performance model.

Not necessarily a bad thing I guess

1687862284977.png

This is all the information I can get from the VIN.
Maybe someone from Tesla can get more info, but I really can't be bothered talking to them anymore since they have been more than unhelpful since my SA left.

First post, hi all... My wife was lucky and picked up a black Model Y RWD just before EOFY from an order that got cancelled... I have really enjoyed driving it so I've put an order for a Midnight Silver Model Y Performance that I'm getting delivered next week.

Going to have been a crazy month, from not even contemplating an electric car to to 2 in the garage within 30 days!

First post, hi all... My wife was lucky and picked up a black Model Y RWD just before EOFY from an order that got cancelled... I have really enjoyed driving it so I've put an order for a Midnight Silver Model Y Performance that I'm getting delivered next week.

Going to have been a crazy month, from not even contemplating an electric car to to 2 in the garage within 30 days!
So, WHY the initial jump to the first EV then Simon? I researched for TWO YEARS knowing I wanted one, a VW one initially but they’re still not here and I dislike the look of them anyways, before settling on either the Tesla 3 or Polestar 2. And THEN jumping on Tesla 3 after the Jan and Apr price cuts. AND LOVING IT side collection on Monday 26 June. But in your instance, from nothing to two in a month? Why the jump?

So, WHY the initial jump to the first EV then Simon? I researched for TWO YEARS knowing I wanted one, a VW one initially but they’re still not here and I dislike the look of them anyways, before settling on either the Tesla 3 or Polestar 2. And THEN jumping on Tesla 3 after the Jan and Apr price cuts. AND LOVING IT side collection on Monday 26 June. But in your instance, from nothing to two in a month? Why the jump?
My wife was due for upgrade and bigger car. Owns a business so with instant asset write off effectively finishing EOFY and with no FBT on electric vehicles it made a lot of sense and was cheap for what it is. She also had shown interest in Tesla in past and other options she had mentioned were going to be significantly more expensive.

For me, just have loved "borrowing" her new Model Y any time I get a chance. I've got a 2018 Audi S4 Wagon which is now at 80k kms and out of warranty so was time for something new. The Model Y Performance currently have a $6k discount, which is $8k when you factor LCT and I'm getting delivered in new FY so that saves another $1300 and get another $4k is in car limit to depreciate. All means the Performance is not too much more than a Long Range 😀

My wife was due for upgrade and bigger car. Owns a business so with instant asset write off effectively finishing EOFY and with no FBT on electric vehicles it made a lot of sense and was cheap for what it is. She also had shown interest in Tesla in past and other options she had mentioned were going to be significantly more expensive.

For me, just have loved "borrowing" her new Model Y any time I get a chance. I've got a 2018 Audi S4 Wagon which is now at 80k kms and out of warranty so was time for something new. The Model Y Performance currently have a $6k discount, which is $8k when you factor LCT and I'm getting delivered in new FY so that saves another $1300 and get another $4k is in car limit to depreciate. All means the Performance is not too much more than a Long Range 😀
Nice!!

I've gotten my registration documents but haven't seen an invoice I need for finance.
Anyone have an idea how long before delivery an invoice is generated?
Same here. I called Tesla Perth and asked them to issue it as my credit check is expiring soon, and I will need an adjustment for a change in the finance amount. They may issue the invoice during the upcoming week by removing the LCT based on the 1st of July new guidelines.
BTW, my ship is Opal Ace, and I found through the SA that my build date (LR MY) is 19/06/23

Reactions: disturbthepeac
Probably good you hadn’t paid yet if waiting on model 3 at least….

Hi,

Today, the base price of Model 3 in Australia has been updated, making the path to Tesla ownership more affordable.

We are pleased to advise that your order is eligible for the updated pricing, your Motor Vehicle Order Agreement and Final Invoice will reflect this change accordingly in the coming days; no further action is required.

To view the latest pricing, visit the Design Studio.