Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla battery event Hornsdale

bradjc

Mar 7, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Hey people, looks like I’m the official Talking Tesla corespondent for the Hornsdale trek, so if you’re heading to SA and I see you on the road, don’t run away if I wave an audio recorder in your direction. Should be a great event and would love to capture some of the buzz for the show. Consider yourselves warned, we all have a long drive to come up with something witty! ;-) Happy travels.

Davide

Jun 28, 2014
Melbourne
Hey everyone, we're on our way to cover the IAC event and then on to Hornsdale. We stopped in Horsham to recharge at the new superchargers, but had a bit of trouble locating them. They're round the back of a Target store, in a muddy paddock behind a fence overlooked by two massive water tanks that seem about to take off into space.
For images, click the link--
Alison Hanly

Reactions: Oz Will

lennier

Feb 27, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Just a reminder to everyone travelling to Hornsdale that using plugshare and glympse will help the coordinators and other travellers anticipate any problems and assist with any queuing required at bottlenecks (especially since some chargers aren't on the car map yet and so you can't see the state of bays on there).

Reactions: bradjc

BenT

Nov 16, 2015
Adelaide, SA, Australia
Big night out at Hornsdale. Nice of Elon to drop in.
IMG_4017.JPG
IMG_4027.JPG
IMG_4029.JPG

EcoCloudIT

Aug 24, 2015
Melbourne, VIC
I didn't make it to the event but I did drive down on Saturday (Melb to Adelaide), stayed over night in the Horsham International Hotel, meet up with Trevor in Keith on Sunday and now in Adeliade.

Saw many Tesla's travelling in the opposite direction, most I've ever seen in the one drive.

All chargers worked no issues, easy drive....I think I'll drive all my trips to see my customers in Adelaide for now on...

Reactions: lennier

lennier

Feb 27, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
I didn't make it to the event but I did drive down on Saturday (Melb to Adelaide), stayed over night in the Horsham International Hotel, meet up with Trevor in Keith on Sunday and now in Adeliade.

Saw many Tesla's travelling in the opposite direction, most I've ever seen in the one drive.

All chargers worked no issues, easy drive....I think I'll drive all my trips to see my customers in Adelaide for now on...
Nice to run in to you guys at the HIH, glad the rest of the trip went well!

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC