Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla BEV Competition Developments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Watch The new Mercedes-Benz EQC World Premiere: Mercedes-Benz @MercedesBenz

On stage at 17:01. How do you like the design?
Does anyone know the actual specs?

I can't wait for the Model Y.

According to this report (in German) about the presentation in Stockholm:
Weigth: 2400 Kg
4WD, front engine for moderate power range, rear engine more powerful (asynchronous machines). Total 300 kW, 765Nm torque.
Battery (408 V, 210 Ah), 80 kWh. NEFZ-range 450 Km. Approx. consumption 22.2 kWh/100Km (Mercedes indication).
Built-in AC charger: 7.4 kW (240x32A). No tri-phasic charging. DC: 110kW CCS max.

Either they are using different math than I am, or whatever "NEFZ-range" isn't worth much.

If the MB consumption spec is correct, range would be 360KM (~225) miles with 80kWh usable. Less if that's full, rather than usable, capacity.

I'm assuming it's a local language customization of NEDC - which of course means it's much more optimistic than EPA or WTLP.

They also can't seem to get rid of the transmission hump and grill, and opted not to provide a Frunk. Still waiting for more info, but not terribly impressed so far.

Where's the frunk?
eqc.jpg

"Madison Avenue" Auto Ad Agencies need to hire this guy. I now see that it is the Ads that are holding back electric cars sales. Who knew? Surely a detailed review. Good review?

I wonder if you have to be genetically predisposed to "Madison Avenue Talk"?

from internet search, of course:
Madison Avenue mentality. A way of viewing the world according to which people are more concerned about how things appear to others than how they really are – for example: the appearance of doing the right thing matters more than the actual behavior. Moral values (morals).

And the forever "crazy/unstable" [per Wall Street pundanty] Elon Musk still thinks if you make a great product people will buy it (therefore no need to waste money on ads) and if you don't make a good product you should probably go broke and go out of business. Elon must be an alien or at least he wasn't raised/conditioned by US culture.

How to stay competitive without matching Ad budgets? Continuous Improvement. Is that disruptive?

Last edited:
"Madison Avenue" Auto Ad Agencies need to hire this guy. I now see that it is the Ads that are holding back electric cars sales. Who knew? Surely a detailed review. Good review?

I wonder if you have to be genetically predisposed to "Madison Avenue Talk"?

from internet search, of course:
Madison Avenue mentality. A way of viewing the world according to which people are more concerned about how things appear to others than how they really are – for example: the appearance of doing the right thing matters more than the actual behavior. Moral values (morals). [/quote]

And the forever "crazy/unstable" [per Wall Street pundanty] Elon Musk still thinks if you make a great product people will buy it (therefore no need to waste money on ads) and if you don't make a good product you should probably go broke and go out of business. Elon must be an alien or at least he wasn't raised/conditioned by US culture.

How to stay competitive without matching Ad budgets? Continuous Improvement. Is that disruptive?