Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Complaint Line

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has zero accountability. I’ve had documented issues like, UFSC not being implemented, premium data turned off, as well as some other significant undelivered software options. Tesla just ignores many dozen if not hundreds of emails and when they do rarely respond they say it’s not their department and gives you another and then another, who says the same thing and then the circle repeats. That is the problem with direct sales and no dealer accountability. I really like Tesla cars and have spend a tremendous amount of money on brand new Tesla cars but will likely buy an EV from a major manufacturer when they get competitive offerings.
Those issues are completely separate from the OP’s complaint. Certainly Tesla needs to do what they’re supposed to. But they also shouldn’t do what they’re not supposed to.

Reactions: hoang51
Those issues are completely separate from the OP’s complaint. Certainly Tesla needs to do what they’re supposed to. But they also shouldn’t do what they’re not supposed to.
Not sure what you are saying? I would think they should do what they are supposed to do but the problem is that they don’t. They don’t have a complaint line and in fact look the other way from complaints and they provide no way to talk to anyone with any authority. Tesla will not give direct contact information for anyone with authority but rather they give email addresses and then they either don’t respond or just pass the buck.

GM had some of their worst quality coming out that plant. That is why the changed to a joint venture with Toyota. Wanted to learn from them how to reduce out of control warranty costs.
Very few customers in the world point to Chevy as having great paint quality. Even the new Vette has critics of what they are putting out.

California has also tightened up paint emissions allowances since years ago.

Not sure what you are saying? I would think they should do what they are supposed to do but the problem is that they don’t. They don’t have a complaint line and in fact look the other way from complaints and they provide no way to talk to anyone with any authority. Tesla will not give direct contact information for anyone with authority but rather they give email addresses and then they either don’t respond or just pass the buck.

Well it seems that he escalated his issue and got a response from Parker, which if I recall correctly handled a lot of the executive escalation issues. So it seems like he found the "complaint line" but didn't like the response he got from it.

Reactions: hoang51
If you’re not sure what I’m saying, go back and reread my posts. I can’t really make it any clearer.

I like how OP is completely dismissive of anyone who does not share their opinion.

You bought a used car, end of story. You are responsible for it.

Three 2018 build Model 3's here - no paint chipping on front or rear bumpers. Insinuating every Model 3 has this problem and that there is zero chance your used car with 11k miles on it has never had paint-work done is silly.

The best way to protect yourself from a bad paint job on a Tesla is to not buy it. We give this advice to people over and over again, but we usually only hear from them after they purchase the car, do minimal inspection on it, and then discover the issues after the fact.

If the paint was in such bad shape that it was going to make you this unhappy you had no business buying the car. Even if Tesla promised to fix it after the fact I would have refused to buy the car. There is no way to know if the touch up they do after you buy the car is going to be a good job or just a minimal touch up.

Why do people keep buying cars they are not happy with and then expecting Tesla to do something about it after the fact? A car with 11,000 miles on it needs to be thoroughly inspected prior to paying for it. Doing anything less is a recipe for disaster. The fact that they did any touch up at all is surprising to me. It’s a used car, sold as is.

The best way to protect yourself from a bad paint job on a Tesla is to not buy it. We give this advice to people over and over again, but we usually only hear from them after they purchase the car, do minimal inspection on it, and then discover the issues after the fact.

If the paint was in such bad shape that it was going to make you this unhappy you had no business buying the car. Even if Tesla promised to fix it after the fact I would have refused to buy the car. There is no way to know if the touch up they do after you buy the car is going to be a good job or just a minimal touch up.

Why do people keep buying cars they are not happy with and then expecting Tesla to do something about it after the fact? A car with 11,000 miles on it needs to be thoroughly inspected prior to paying for it. Doing anything less is a recipe for disaster. The fact that they did any touch up at all is surprising to me. It’s a used car, sold as is.

I agree with the points about buying a used car and taking responsibility for paint damage. However, if the paint damage was obviously due to a manufacturers issue even after 11k miles then Tesla should rectify.

What I do not agree on, and we can always agree to disagree, is that we as a purchaser should not be responsible to look at every nook and cranny of a vehicle for paint imperfections. I have been buying cars for over 20 years and never ever had to worry about paint imperfections on any other car. Even if there was an issue I could reach out to the manufacturer if the dealer would not help me. The fact that there is no way to contact any other person or department other than the SC is a major issue. I have said this before that once the fanboys are done purchasing and mainstream America starts buying more Teslas there is going to be a class action suit against them for quality issues and the fact they are empowering their SCs to ignore customers (maybe not ignore but knowing they are the only ones that can be contacted gives them a ton of authority at too low a level).

Just my opinion and I know many will not agree. Still love my car and is the best car I have ever driven.

• Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I want them to fix their manufacturing defect. If that means removing and replacing the ppf, that should be on them. We shouldnt be on the hook for Tesla having *sugar* quality. Major known issue for years too.
Sorry, but the only mistake that Tesla made was attempting to touch up the paint on top of the PPF. It is NOT their responsibility to remove (and then replace) an after-market product to fix an issue (which may or may not be their responsibility).

Sorry, but all the facts are against you on this one.

Car is cool but tesla don't have much longer they can get away with this nonsense.
Every time someone says something like this (or "class action lawsuit") I have to laugh. The vast majority of the car-buying public doesn't care one iota about minor imperfections on their cars: they just care if it gets them around safely, comfortably, and reliably. Even this board is NOT representative of Tesla owners: we're just the ones who want to discuss every facet of the car (most people don't). Hell, even I don't care about body-panel fitment perfection.

People keep having a starry-eyed notion that the car needs to be perfect in every way: it isn't going to happen.

Uh, No. I had the same thoughts, figured most people on here and other forums before I bought were being overly critical or it was one offs or whatever. That is simply false. I can see frunk misalignment in pictures people post and many are worse than mine. When my 10 year old is asking why the frunk isn't aligned correctly, its a problem. just walking around my car you can see many things misaligned that aren't misaligned on cars that cost 20K. Its a problem and whether you want to admit it or not will become much more of a problem as Tesla becomes more and more mainstream. The customer base for a long time was enthusiasts and people that would deal with this, its becoming more of an issue as Tesla sells more model 3's and gets to more of the mass market. As they get more and more mass market especially with the model Y, if they don't fix things, it will just get worse. Worse until people start moving to the competition. You don't think Tesla is going to corner this market forever do you?

All GM has to do is create an EV with speed and slap in the cadillac supercruise and you essentially have the model 3. Its not that difficult, electric motors make quick acceleration, Tesla did nothing unique there. People argue the supercruise is better than the Tesla autopilot.

And last but not least, there are not "minor imperfections". Paint flaking off cars and panels gaps that easily aren't the same from the naked eye are not minor issues.

Every time someone says something like this (or "class action lawsuit") I have to laugh. The vast majority of the car-buying public doesn't care one iota about minor imperfections on their cars: they just care if it gets them around safely, comfortably, and reliably. Even this board is NOT representative of Tesla owners: we're just the ones who want to discuss every facet of the car (most people don't). Hell, even I don't care about body-panel fitment perfection.

People keep having a starry-eyed notion that the car needs to be perfect in every way: it isn't going to happen.

. Worse until people start moving to the competition.

What competition?

All GM has to do is create an EV with speed and slap in the cadillac supercruise and you essentially have the model 3. Its not that difficult

If it's really that easy it's incredibly weird they haven't already done it isn't it?

I wonder why that is.

. People argue the supercruise is better than the Tesla autopilot.

Yes, on the roughly 5-10% of all roads it actually works on at all compared to AP, it's probably better than basic AP.

It's inferior to it everywhere else since it won't even turn on... and it's inferior even there for non-basic AP features like lane changing and nav on AP of course since it doesn't do those things at all either.

But there is, and he did.

It seems like he had to jump through hoops though. I had an issue and there was no one to contact. I tried the main number and was sent to the SC directly without talking to someone at corporate. I tried chat but that didn't go anywhere and no follow up.

I tried BBB but Tesla is not a member so they couldn't do much and the response I got was a blow off and never responded to the BBB again.

Again, Tesla is set up this way on purpose. They do not want any complaints to go anywhere and then if it does get to the media all the fanboys attack, attack, attack until it dies.

I truly hope none of you ever spend so much on a car and then just decide to deal with imperfections, no guidelines on fit or finish, with no easy way to complain to a corporate number.

Reactions: InternetDude