Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla infotainment system upgradeable from MCU1 to MCU2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everything you said is correct. I agree with all. And I don't think you meant to leave anything out. But it doesn't account for the famous or infamous "trainee" usually standing in front of us representing every/any company. I have a family member that used to be a multi-store manager for McDonald's back in the very early 70's, He used to come home cussing about "new counter people can't add and don't collect enough money". McDonald's was still using a paper order/receipt. The counter help used the noggins' and fingers to add 3 hamburgers and two fries and two shakes to get $1.65 total and they could not add it up. In those days, we didn't have the $5.99 calculators to help. He worked with McD's long enough to see them bring in those push-button no-number cash registers. Just push for a burger or fries. That was partly because the "trainees" couldn't add. So still seeing inexperienced - but well meaning receptionist or less than seasoned service advisors are not the exception but are always going to be some of the first people we see at the front door. Us old folks only remember the way things were, we've already forgot what happened there last week. :)

I agree. The problem with Tesla is that they're not going to attract good employees by not valuing them. They over work them, under equip them and the icing on the cake is that they massively under pay them. You can do two of those if the other makes up for it but they're responsible for their own churn factory of people desperate enough or lacking of better options. I've had countless people tell me I should be working for Tesla after I talk their ear off for hours about the cars and I quickly squash that with "No thanks. They don't value their employees and I'm not looking to get into that type of situation since I'm not desperate for money"

The sad thing is that I would probably be open to working for them for less money than I can make elsewhere because I'm so into the cars and want to help the company which is in desperate need but I'm not willing to put up with the ineptness and lack of control to help to make things better. The problem is that they don't want people who genuinely care to actually improve customer service. They just want Walmart cashiers who will follow the (limited) hand book and avoid customer contact as much as possible.

Word on the street is that a memo went out prematurely to SCs that MCU1s that fail under warranty replacement/upgrade to MCU2 is $1750, but it was retracted since it wasn’t officially approved by leadership.

Wonder how theyll stop people from getting their MCU to fail early. I would have sat in my car for 2 weeks just tapping random functions on the MCU