TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Email: $30,000 Off P100D!!!!

Discussion in 'Model S' started by AmpedRealtor, Aug 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Solarman004

Solarman004 Member

That's the best way to purchase a Tesla: pull the trigger, don't look back, don't second guess, and just enjoy the environmentally friendly ride (after the 2 month torture of waiting for delivery, of course).
    Congratulations!

• Like x 2
  2. P100D_OSLO

P100D_OSLO Member

Fantastic!!! Thanks for the response! I also asked Tesla actually, and got the same answer! Let's hope our cars show up looking gorgeous :D

• Like x 2
  3. P100D_OSLO

P100D_OSLO Member

:D:D

4. Navsarin

Navsarin S90D

#144 Navsarin, Sep 11, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    Thanks! Sometimes 'Analysis Paralysis' can kick in lol. Financially for us it made sense to trade in 90D for this P100D inventory...essentially same payment... so why over think it?!

Can't wait to tint 20% rear and 35% sides :) classy and will make it look more stealth!

• Like x 1
  5. Solarman004

Solarman004 Member

Our MX replaced a 1993 Plymouth minivan. I know you're thinking "hey, it must have been tough giving up the cassette player and rusted quarter panels," but sometimes you have to make sacrifices to advance transportation technology. I can't find my car in parking lots anymore by following the trail of coolant, but now I have GPS...
    You made the right decision.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  6. Navsarin

Navsarin S90D

Dilemma...Tesla offering me $7100 (plus tax plus interest) off the price to disable AP2. Hmmm. Over the term of the lease it's literally $245/month for the one feature which compared to AP1 seems to be sporadic in functionality? Anyone have any opinions?

I'm used to AP1 reliability.

7. jjh1234

jjh1234 Member

Unless you spend a lot of time in traffic or taking long highway trips, I would skip it. Maybe add it later on if it ever gets perfected.

I like my AP2.0, but I'm not sure I would get it again with what I know today.

Just my 2 cents.

8. Navsarin

Navsarin S90D

Thanks for your input. Are you saying AP2 is not as reliable as it was reported to be? Ie. even in traffic of highway it's spotty? Or does it perform reasonably well in those 2 areas?

9. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Well-Known Member

AP2 suffers from steering anomalies and ghost brakings even on highways, so compared to AP1 at least, it is signficantly inferior. I find it a stressful aid, personally, since it is so unpredictable.

• Like x 1
  10. jjh1234

jjh1234 Member

AP2 is certainly not perfect and sometimes its more of a hinderance than a help, unfortunately. Hopefully it will get better soon. There are many threads here that address this in excruciating detail.

11. Navsarin

Navsarin S90D

Yes I've been reading up on the threads. There are those who have issues, those who are neutral and those who say AP2 works great. Argh.
    Consensus seems to be 'not quite there yet but getting better'.

I suppose the other issue I'm facing is without AP2, apparently adaptive cruise also goes. Only regular non adaptive cruise stays.

Should keep the 90D AP1 ...argh...

12. AnxietyRanger

Definitely. AP2 is worse and by the time it is better, an interior camera equipped new suite (same as Model 3) will likely be out and offer more value for money. If you already have AP1, enjoying that and waiting before buying new makes sense.

It is also possible other things such as an interior refresh or new battery or new charging come to Model S/X based on Model 3 progress...

13. AnxietyRanger

Unfortunately in some ways it is also getting worse. Steering is smoother but more unpredictable now. And that's a bad thing...

14. Navsarin

Navsarin S90D

Would have definitely waited if not for the large inventory discount on the P100D. So far I'm hearing if I must get it, don't bother with EAP and simply purchase at a later date when it's improved .