Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Email: $30,000 Off P100D!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AmpedRealtor

Jun 30, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I just got this email from our local Tesla gallery:

Hi [AmpedRealtor],

I hope this email finds you well.

I’m reaching out because we just announced an incentive on Model S and Model X P100D that I thought you may be interested in.

We are offering showroom incentives up to $30,000 off the original configuration price. This means you can lease Model S P100D for $1,500/month and Model X P100D for $1,600/month with 10,000 miles per year. Alternatively we are offering .99% APR financing or a cash purchase with the discount. These incentives are available for deliveries by September 30th 2017.

Lastly, we’ve reintroduced the Tesla Referral Program. You will receive a $1,000 credit towards the purchase of either a new Model S or Model X and Free Unlimited Supercharging.

It would be my pleasure to help you explore the options for a new Model S or Model X. If you are interested we can schedule a time for a call or if it is more convenient we can communicate via email.

Is this a fire sale? What are "showroom incentives"?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is almost 20% off. This feels like more than an end of quarter incentive to me. And why just the P100D, has there been a drop off in orders? Maybe Tesla is planning an across-the-board price reduction and is gauging response with this "quiet" promotion that is being sent out by regional sales galleries to existing owners?

Might have something to do with the likely 100D performance increase that just leaked out of Germany and the implications for the upstream cars.

Interesting 100D performance increase ... 4.4 vs 3.3 seconds 0 -100 km/h or equivalent 4.2 vs 3.1 seconds 0 - 60 mph :cool:

upload_2017-8-26_11-6-17.png

Last edited:
3.3 for a non-performance is damn quick! Seems like the P would need to somehow get quicker or the price difference would need to shrink

What is interesting is that the new spec cars with the new drivetrain (Post July 1st 2017 Builds) pretty much are P models of old. In order words, even just the RWD 75 New Spec has about the same Horsepower and 0-60 as a P85. So the 75D and 100D are pretty much "P"75D and "P"100D.

So at this point I think the P simply might be a marketing thing just to differentiate between the P100D and the other two.

Then again the top of the line P100D now has a +. So I think it does 0-60 in like 2.3 or something like that? So even if the other cars were able to go to 3.3. that still is a "significant" difference.

Last edited:
The EV-CPO site run by @HankLloydRight shows the same nine cars that I can see going in through the German site. All BTX6 batteries and highest VIN 195763 so all preDU00 drive unit cars. Looks like Uncorking 2. Who are our most prolific German forum members? Maybe they can get on a Tesla presales chat thread to verify?

Same thing showing on UK cars.. even inventory cars that were built months before the new hardware. Looks like a cockup to me...

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Interesting 100D performance increase ... 4.4 vs 3.3 seconds 0 -100 km/h or equivalent 4.2 vs 3.1 seconds 0 - 60 mph :cool:

View attachment 243860

Sceptical on the the numbers here. The range of a 100D is not 632km...it's actually 550km. 632 would be close to 400miles of range. Something I dont believe Tesla would just quietly introduce without fanfare. Likewise wouldn't there be some global announcement for 100D increased performance?

• Helpful
Reactions: P100DHG. and KJD
Interesting...seems like a software update? Considering they just released the new drivetrain in July. I'm hopeful New Spec 75D folks will be able to get the same 3.3.
I wish. It is hard enough for some of us with the new drivetrain to get uncorked to 4.2.

No the 75Ds go from 5.5 to 4.2 and the 100Ds go from 4.2 to 3.3. Even if you put a newer, higher output battery in your car my understanding is that the firmware in the drive unit would still keep you at 4.2. Jason Hughes would know.

Reactions: davidc18
...The range of a 100D is not 632km...it's actually 550km. 632 would be close to 400miles of range. Something I dont believe Tesla would just quietly introduce without fanfare. Likewise wouldn't there be some global announcement for 100D increased performance?

Well the UK numbers match. And the 85kW battery was snuck out without announcement. As was the 75D 0-60/100 specifications.